The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #376 of 1,909

If I had a house in the middle of nowhere, I would have a sound system that registered on the Richter scale and generate daily earthquake reports...

...but I since I do not, I have to be somewhat considerate regarding my surroundings.  I have 'nough headaches without pissed off cops, neighbors, etc.

I wonder if anyone has set off explosives to music tracks for that extra BOOM in the bass like they do with christmas lights.

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #380 of 1,909
? Where does one find Christmas light displays combined with explosives?

Pretty sure you could buy something like that in Mexico.

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #382 of 1,909
  Vali/Modi/600 

Ahh, much more sense. I thought you were responding to the previous post's concerns about the MAgni/Modi 2 Uber specifically.
Chomping at the bit for my Ubers to show up and since Schiit doesn't tweet or anything I have no clue when they might get shipped out. I know the 6-8 business days, but still! 
Thanks 

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #384 of 1,909
  What do yo
What do you mean sexy/forgiving? And isn't it preferable to have a neutral sound because the Hd600s are neutral themselves? That way you don't color them. You could always EQ.

In terms of the Magni/Modi 2 uber combo, are the uber models worth getting? I plan on using a desktop/laptop as my source. Additionally, would my sound increase dramatically from just the amp or just the DAC or are both absolutely necessary?

Well, the Schiit Vali is hybrid amp both combined with tubes and capacitors (Solid-State). So basically its half Solid-State and half Tube amp.
The Schiit Vali wouldn't be neutral, you'd get slightly tighter and bigger bass, as well as probably a tiny bit more Sub bass in there (nothing big though), would have a slightly warmer sound in the mids and I heard the treble is forwarded a little bit but in a smooth manner. Solid-States on the other hand are mostly neutral, so if your looking for neutral I'd go for the Schiit Magni/Modi 2 Uber stacks. I find EQ disgusting IMO and experience because its really frustrating to get the sound you want, unless you're putting a few tweaks.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #385 of 1,909
I contacted schiit, they answered within a day. They solved most of my doubts. According to them, theyll ship in amazon in 6-8 weeks. This is important to me since i can only order stuff from amazon. They also told me that plain magni/modi 2 was fine for he-500, though i might considera ordering uber versions

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #386 of 1,909
The HD580s (hd600s) sound great with the Magni 2 uber along with the Gungnir. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #388 of 1,909
i only have $100. tax where in at is 45%. so... magni 2 is my ballpark. but i really want them aluminium... im still considering whether i should get 2 uber or just the 2.

also because i have no intention of upgrading any solid state amp for the foreseeable future. (3 years maybe...) even more.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #390 of 1,909

Is the uber a good match for the HE560?

During my quick listens, yes. But I want to let the magni 2u burn in for a bit longer before doing any real comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back