The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 1,909
12 products in one year just makes it 9% more impressive :wink:

Would you need Wyrd with a Modi 2 Uber? Couldn't the AC input solve at least some of the USB problems?

EDIT: Well...it would probably solve the "USB drawing too much power" problem while still needing to be de-crapified.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #17 of 1,909
I am so full of schiit right now.  Modi/Magni will be relocated from home to office.  Modi2 Uber/Magni2 Uber on order for home.  Fulla en route back to schiit for fix.  Sys no longer needed at home, so will have to figure out where to use it.

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #18 of 1,909
This is perfect timing.  Just ordered Vali + Modi 2 Uber combo for my HD650s
atsmile.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 1,909
12 products in one year just makes it 9% more impressive
wink.gif

Would you need Wyrd with a Modi 2 Uber? Couldn't the AC input solve at least some of the USB problems?

EDIT: Well...it would probably solve the "USB drawing too much power" problem while still needing to be de-crapified.

Wouldn't suing the optical in on the Modi 2 Uber fix this?

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 1,909
I have the modi, is it really worth upgrading to modi 2/modi 2 uber? I mean only sound wise I don't need uber extra inputs.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 1,909
  Ughh, I just ordered the Magni + Modi stack 2 days ago and it's en route for Wednesday, is it possible to upgrade even though it shipped?

You should contact Schiit directly. They should be able to work with you on that.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 1,909
the modi 2 uber is called a mini bifrost, so is there no point in a bifrost anymore?  

im in the market for a dac & amp, and the modi 2 uber looks like it is about the best for the price with multiple inputs that i want.

the specs are very similar it seems, just a few differences in a couple of the specs (s/n, max output, spdif input).

so is there any point in spending a little more on the bifrost at this point?

2nd question, i tried a modi/magni stack a while back and had horrible issues with the usb connection and lots of awful clicks/pops/interference, most likely due to my cluttered desk setup.  would the wyrd clear that up, or would the version 2 help with that on its own?

any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #27 of 1,909
So what exactly is the advantage of this new UBER Modi 2 over the original Modi, other than all the new options? I see the same DAC chip is used but the firmware is significantly different.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #28 of 1,909
  I was just about to buy another Magni on Amazon, when I saw this!

Just ordered the Magni 2 Uber!

Can't wait 'til it gets here! 
L3000.gif

Well that was quick!

Mine just shipped via FedEx!!

From ordered to shipped in less than 2hrs!!!

Now that's what I call service!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #29 of 1,909
Cut/Paste from the FAQs

And the difference between Modi 2 and Modi 2 Uber?
Lots. Let’s break it down:

Inputs: Modi 2 only has USB, Modi 2 Uber has USB, optical, and coax.
Control: Modi 2 has no controls, Modi 2 Uber has an input selection switch.
Power Supply: Modi 2 is USB powered, Modi 2 Uber has a linear power supply and wall-wart.
Analog Section: Modi 2 is capacitor-coupled output, Modi 2 Uber has DC-coupled output with a servo.
Chassis: Modi 2 has a painted steel chassis, while Modi 2 Uber has an aluminum top and pushbutton (pinched off the Bifrost, natch!)

If this thing is so great, why would I step up to Bifrost or Gungnir?
Because you want even higher performance. Or upgradability. Modis aren’t upgradable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back