The Salvador Dali Forum
Jan 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #16 of 79

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #17 of 79

Before wires removed. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 79

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #19 of 79
Great thread. I went to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg Florida about a decade ago, I *think* it is the biggest single Dali collection in the world.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #20 of 79

Quote:
Great thread. I went to the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg Florida about a decade ago, I *think* it is the biggest single Dali collection in the world.

I saw a site for them on line and been wanting to check it out.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #21 of 79
http://www.moodbook.com/history/modernism/salvador-dali-surreal.html

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #22 of 79
My work is holding an art auction fundraiser on June 28th in Columbus, OH. We have 3 pieces done by Salvador Dali: from his Divine Comedy collection. We have Dante's Confession: Purgatory 31, The Sky of Mercury: Paradise 6, and Userers: Inferno 7. Each of the pieces has been blocked signed by Dali. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Wonderful new location (just up the waterfront from the original Dali Museum location in St.Pete) with the arcitecture, grounds and landscaping even having meaningful artistic Dali influences .

/ Card holding member ;')

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #26 of 79
Sounds like a great fundraiser! That's probably my favorite collection of his. His rendition of the forest of the suicides is chilling, to say the least
Quote:
My work is holding an art auction fundraiser on June 28th in Columbus, OH. We have 3 pieces done by Salvador Dali: from his Divine Comedy collection. We have Dante's Confession: Purgatory 31, The Sky of Mercury: Paradise 6, and Userers: Inferno 7. Each of the pieces has been blocked signed by Dali. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #27 of 79
"La Pieta Nera (Black Madonna)"

-Salvador Dali

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #28 of 79
Dec 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #29 of 79
Someone please help!

I am close to convinced that this painting I am thinking of doesn't exist anywhere but in my own imagination....but I could swear that I have seen it and that it is one of Dali's.

It is a painting of Christ (or a Christ figure at least) on a cross in the sky, but the sky is blue and the cross and Christ figure are broken into cubes.

For reference its like a cross (no pun intended) between Dali's 3 most famous "Christ" paintings:

Christ of St. John of the Cross -
a-d105.jpg
 (especially the perspective of this)

Santiago El Grande - (especially the colors)

and Crucifixion (Corpus Hypercubus) - (except that the cubes were all a uniform size)

If anybody has clue ast to what I am talking about, please direct me to a link or post the picture....anything to let me know that this painting does exist

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #30 of 79
Diggin' the thread. Found a picture very reminiscent of Dali in a video of an interlude by J Dilla. The track and the picture blend together nicely.

This outro appears at the end of "Heavy", on Champion Sound. Dilla Dog the Genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back