The Ruizu X02 DAP thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #631 of 774
Amazon case under £3 fits the  Agptek  Imp nice... and you can get the headphone jack on still.....its ok if you want to start it up and pop it into your pocket, or onto your belt....

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #633 of 774
Same here...you have to start it up and away you go.... lol..... even the volume....lol.... hopefully they will bring out a silicone type one soon..

Jun 15, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #635 of 774
Jun 17, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #637 of 774

I would say this one:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EJBIF7K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1     
is the one closest to the Clip +    I have one, and really like it a lot!  I am going to do an in depth review of it, things just went crazy at the
house and I haven't had time to do it yet!
    S

wow that really does look like a clip+ ! haven't seen that before. could it be Rockboxed?

looking fwd to your review, how does it sound compared to the Sansa??

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #638 of 774
Just real quick, I'm trying to pack to go to my parent's house for a week. 
1. The clip feels much more substantial than the clip on the Sansa Clip+ or the Zip.  Those are the only two models I have owned. I think all but one of the clips on those has broken off, and I am  VERY careful with my electronics.
2. I have only listened to audio books so far.  Sounds just as good at the Clip +.  I use cheapy headphones, but I am very sensitive to hiss/clip/tinny sounds. So far so good!
3. No Rockbox.  Bummer, but not deal breaker for me.  The firmware is pretty good, there is a separate volume button which is great.
4. Battery life is great.  I think they say 35 hours?  I'm not great at timing it, but I think it is lasting longer than that.
5. Micro SD card sits flush to the case. On the Clip+ it always stuck out a bit, but it did sit flush on the Zip.
6. Folders!!  :)  The Clip + had them, the Zip did not.  They may not be useful to anyone else, but for me, for my audio books, they are invaluable!  If I buy a book from Audible, convert it to an mp3, split it into pieces, then even though I do tag it with mp3Tag there are times it just doesn't always work.  Probably user error!!  But with folders I don't have to worry about this!  Silly as it sounds, this is one of my favorite features of this little player!

Only cons I can come up with:
1. Not thrilled with the feel of the texture of the case.  I really really like the feel of the A06, guess that spoiled me.  But really, this is no big deal.
2. Yes, I read the instructions.  And I'm not really sure what it is I don't find intuitive, but I don't like the way the Mode selection area works.  I'll have to get out my Clip+ and compare  the two.  Frankly, this could just be user error..  And again, this is not a deal breaker.

Well dang, this got longer than I planned!  Can you tell II really like this little player?  I really hope it lasts as many years as my Clip+s have.  I think it's a great value for the price.  I know some people really love Rockbox.  Maybe on a future model it could be made Rockbox compatible.  I'm sure that would increase sales. 
  Ok, that's it for now.  Off to pack!
      S

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #640 of 774
  How many volume steps does the A12 have?

They actually have numbers on there. 31 steps. I have pretty good ears, so I listen to most of my audio books with these ear buds https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HJE120-K-Comfort-Fit-Compatible/dp/B003EM8008/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466205751&sr=8-1&keywords=earbuds
at a volume level of around 5. No, not great ear buds, but these are audio books, not music.  Their bit rates are 64 kbps for most of them so those ear buds do the job for me.
     S

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #641 of 774
Hi LeoZheng,

In these days I'm trying both AGPTek M20 and B03 and both have the same issue: when selecting any of the available EQ preset, the audio volume will drop from the max to a certain level. If I deactivate the EQ, then I can hear a track at the max audio level (31/31 on M20).
Watching a video review on YouTube about the AGPTek A12, the user explained the same behavior of the audio volume drop when using an EQ preset. How is this possible?
I contacted a friend of mine who has the AGPTek A02 and he confirmed the same bug.
The same issue on 4 different devices?
Can you answer please? I sent an email to the AGPTek assistance but I did not get any answer (as I imagined).
Thank you in advance,

kalo86

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #642 of 774
Hi LeoZheng,

In these days I'm trying both AGPTek M20 and B03 and both have the same issue: when selecting any of the available EQ preset, the audio volume will drop from the max to a certain level. If I deactivate the EQ, then I can hear a track at the max audio level (31/31 on M20).
Watching a video review on YouTube about the AGPTek A12, the user explained the same behavior of the audio volume drop when using an EQ preset. How is this possible?
I contacted a friend of mine who has the AGPTek A02 and he confirmed the same bug.
Can you answer please? I sent an email to the AGPTek assistance but I did not get any answer (as I imagined).
Thank you in advance,

kalo86

That's actually quite normal and many audio players do this to avoid clipping. Not a bug for sure.

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #644 of 774
Hi @LeoZheng,

Thank you in advance,

kalo86

Hi Kalo,

I will talk to our engineer to see if this can be improved.

Thank you,

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back