The Rudistor RP010 Has Arrived! (Pics!)
May 13, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #91 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sov,
Thanks. I felt the same way. The RP7 did a great job with the HD-650 but only so so with the R10 and L3000. My DHA3000 is a better match to the R10 and L3000 than the RP7.

On this AT line, what I have read, is that many audiophiles in Japan, and Asia, had the opinion that the HA-5000 is better performer than the DHA3000 driving the L3000 and low Z hepadhones. have you heard it as well?

IIRC slwiser has the Edition 9, and the HA5000 and he absolutelly swear on them, I have not heard it myself, but I woud like to give it a try. Those AT products always had cought my attention they look terrific. Unfortunatelly the ones I have heard, including the L3000, I feel more that they look better of what they actually sound...
tongue.gif

May 13, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #92 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IIRC slwiser has the Edition 9, and the HA5000 and he absolutelly swear on them, I have not heard it myself, but I woud like to give it a try. Those AT products always had cought my attention they look terrific. Unfortunatelly the ones I have heard, including the L3000, I feel more that they look better of what they actually sound...
tongue.gif

Yes, I like HA5000 but I can't compare them to either the 33 or any other since I have yet to do this. I may get a chance if I can get to the next meet in July. Hopefully, someone will have a 10 to compare them with it.

May 13, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #93 of 97
Quote:

Seems to me to be one to many non-sequiturs for me.

An amp that is truly: glare free, transparent, dead neutral

An amp that is organic, natural, errie, and emotional at the same time

I think all these things go hand in hand.
blink.gif
The amp is missing that fake mechanical sound that some gear has. This allows the natural organic sound of the music to come through. When the sound is so real, sounds like life, not like audio, I'm telling you, it is EERIE.
tongue.gif

May 13, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #95 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EERIE.
tongue.gif

I like "ERRIE" too...
wink.gif
just don't have enough money to support that level of "ERRIE" in this hobby.

May 13, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #96 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now the challenge is... is there an amp with these traits that cost under 1000USD

Would a balanced beta22 cost less than 1000$?

As shown at the bottom of this page after selecting the gallery link.

http://www.amb.org/audio/beta22/

I saw where the cost of a balance b22 would be between 1200 and 1500 estimated.

dual rail power supply for the b22 can be found on the home page link of this site.

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #97 of 97
Is it OK to resuscitate a 7 year old thread? I just wanted to comment that my RP010B is still going strong and paired with a Chord Hugo and modern phones, it has a real charm and insight and musicality.
And Markl's comments are pretty much exactly what I hear too. I tried a Luxman P1U and it was smooth and refined but somehow wasn't nearly as satisfying as my Rudistor, which has more bloom and better flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back