The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street Re-issue
May 26, 2010 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

duotone

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-rolling-stones-exile-on-main-st-reissue-reviewed-track-by-track-249986

Anyone got hold of a copy yet, thoughts?

Was listening to the old version on cd last night, would love to hear it on vinyl
o2smile.gif

May 30, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 6
i listened to the new version just a short while ago.
i couldn't really tell if there's any improvement in the remastering.  but, the bonus tracks are a really pleasant surprise.

to be honest, i wasn't expecting much.  especially after Universal butchered the remasters of Tattoo You and Some Girls.
i guess these days no artist is safe from a little dose of brickwalling.  not even the stones.

but, the new exile doesn't appear to be too loud.

May 31, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 6
The Stones were always recorded hot and a bit opaque. It's the way it was supposed to sound. I'd be interested to hear someone's comments on the remastering who is familiar with the vinyl. I'm leery of getting stung after the completely mangled SACDs of the Stones.

May 31, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
i listened to the new version just a short while ago.
i couldn't really tell if there's any improvement in the remastering.  but, the bonus tracks are a really pleasant surprise.

Compared it side by side with the original release and I didn't notice much of a difference either. Suppose they figured it's best to leave it intact than to ruin it.

May 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Which original release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back