The Review Tour of FiiO Q5 Flagship Bluetooth and DSD-Capable DAC & Amplifier Starts Right Now!
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #332 of 367
Dear friend,

Every first secord for every song? Or just the first second when start playing?

Best regards

The whole thing is like this
When you open spotify and start playing
Dear friend,

Best regards
It happens when there is an audio input coming into the device, like when you open spotify and play the first song, then the first second of the song will be muted, but the following songs sound fine,
Then if you quit spotify and wait for like 10 sec and I can hear
Dear friend,

Best regards
just first second of playing, and when you stop playing and wait for like 10 seconds and I can hear a sudden "boop" in my katana, like the connection is lost.
Then when you start playing something again the first-second silence will appear again

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #333 of 367
The whole thing is like this
When you open spotify and start playing It happens when there is an audio input coming into the device, like when you open spotify and play the first song, then the first second of the song will be muted, but the following songs sound fine,
Then if you quit spotify and wait for like 10 sec and I can hear just first second of playing, and when you stop playing and wait for like 10 seconds and I can hear a sudden "boop" in my katana, like the connection is lost.
Then when you start playing something again the first-second silence will appear again
When not receiving audio signal the DAC disconnects to avoid idle power consumption. What you're hearing is the short delay needed for the DAC to re-initialize when you feed audio signal.
You can control the auto-disconnect timeout via the iOS app, or you can switch it off completely (not recommended because it will drain your DAC battery when idle).

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #334 of 367
When not receiving audio signal the DAC disconnects to avoid idle power consumption. What you're hearing is the short delay needed for the DAC to re-initialize when you feed audio signal.
You can control the auto-disconnect timeout via the iOS app, or you can switch it off completely (not recommended because it will drain your DAC battery when idle).
If this is the case how can fiio claims Q5 to be a reliable desktop amp/dac combo...

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #335 of 367
If this is the case how can fiio claims Q5 to be a reliable desktop amp/dac combo...
It's a tiny issue considering its
1. Battery Powered, battery conservation is a conceen
2. It's 1 second at the start of usage.
3. It was designed to be portable, not as a desktop dav

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #338 of 367

This is an auto timeout issues. The Bluetooth shuts down after a period of time when no music is playing to save batt. This is the same for most manufacturer of Bluetooth device like sony, B&O, Jaybird, including Apple owns wireless earbud. They all shutdown to conserve power.

Fiio allows 0-30mins idle power off function (most manufacturers do not have this function) Did u set it to 30mins? I suspect u may have set to 0 mins, so it poweroff every time playlist ends and when u start another playlist it reconnects again with a 1 sec cutoff. .. just a thought.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #340 of 367
if we take off the amp module and use the Q5 as pre-amp ( from player to line in and line out to another amp ) is still working?
Dear friend,

No, the lineout of the Q5 could not output if you are using linein. And it seems no purpose to connect like that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #342 of 367
Mar 22, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #343 of 367
Great! Now that you compared with the Oppo HA2-SE and we already have comparisons with Mojo and BlueDAC, we get a clearer picture about where the Q5 stands.
It is a really great device!

Your review is also a great and comprehensive one. Thumbs up!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #345 of 367

Users who are viewing this thread

Back