The Review Tour of FiiO FH5 Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors Starts Now!
Aug 2, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #62 of 80
No reply from @The_headphone_guy . Even Fiio is not updating this thread.

I wish @FiiO considered the forum-age of the users on head-fi and reviews within head-fi or other websites (with links) to determine the priority of shipping and not just randomly shipped to someone who joined on 25-Jul-2018 and has precisely 1 post and that post is about wanting to review this earphone.

Hope the rest of us in the geographical area get a chance to review the IEMs and they are not lost in transit.

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #63 of 80
I wish @FiiO considered the forum-age of the users on head-fi and reviews within head-fi or other websites (with links) to determine the priority of shipping and not just randomly shipped to someone who joined on 25-Jul-2018 and has precisely 1 post and that post is about wanting to review this earphone.

Hope the rest of us in the geographical area get a chance to review the IEMs and they are not lost in transit.

Don't worry, Fiio is quite a trustworthy company on that matter, they're also aware of some certain problems & risks, nevertheless they're kind enough to send their new products even to very new guys in town.

I'm sure FH5 will arrive at other reviewers hands soon.

As for another matter, basing "seniority" in Head-fi to determine the priority of shipping may cause problems among reviewers (some can even find this rude or discouraging to be "ranked"), so I believe "first come first serve" would be the fairest of the choices.

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #64 of 80
Don't worry, Fiio is quite a trustworthy company on that matter, they're also aware of some certain problems & risks, nevertheless they're kind enough to send their new products even to very new guys in town.

I'm sure FH5 will arrive at other reviewers hands soon.

As for another matter, basing "seniority" in Head-fi to determine the priority of shipping may cause problems among reviewers (some can even find this rude or discouraging to be "ranked"), so I believe "first come first serve" would be the fairest of the choices.

That's nice to hear otherwise new guys like me (who've been lurking for years but only recently registered and posted ) would just not stand a chance...
I've yet to check out/hear a pair of good BA driven IEMs.

The only ones I've tried were a dual BA prototype which belonged to a friend who works for sonion. (Hell!! they were amazing sounding and really tiny)

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #67 of 80

While I understand your point, you'll have to consider that this forum is catering to a very niche audience and the people who are part of this community, are mature enough and considerate of the meaning "Review tour".

I personally took the chance with this thread, because I am increasingly more fond of Fiio's products, having tried many of their releases from friends and shops around the cities I lived, so I don't feel like I shouldn't be given the chance to take part in the review tour, just because I only started to post in the forum recently.

From what I understand, the choice is done on a first come, first served basis along with great established reviewers of Head-Fi and newcomers, like me.

Most probably the review tour will continue after this initial round, so you'll hopefully have your chance to hear the FH5 out and express yourself about them.

Aug 5, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #68 of 80
While I understand your point, you'll have to consider that this forum is catering to a very niche audience and the people who are part of this community, are mature enough and considerate of the meaning "Review tour".

I personally took the chance with this thread, because I am increasingly more fond of Fiio's products, having tried many of their releases from friends and shops around the cities I lived, so I don't feel like I shouldn't be given the chance to take part in the review tour, just because I only started to post in the forum recently.

From what I understand, the choice is done on a first come, first served basis along with great established reviewers of Head-Fi and newcomers, like me.

Most probably the review tour will continue after this initial round, so you'll hopefully have your chance to hear the FH5 out and express yourself about them.
Understand your concern, but no one is saying that you shouldn't be given a chance.

My suggestion of prioritising shipping comes from the basis that there is absolutely no other way for FiiO to determine credibility and hence use forum seniority to ensure that they get in a good number of reviews in and then they can take a risk of shipping to new comers.

Also FCFS was not used here.

Anyways it's up to FiiO on how and whom they want to send across the review sample. My only concern was that everyone selected as a reviewer should receive a chance at reviewing the IEM.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #69 of 80
I have a question about balanced cables for my FH5. The old one is a cheap balanced 2.5mm cable from FiiO I was using, but I'm sure their new ones are far better. But Im not sure which to go for, they have the LC-2.5B, or the LC-2.5C. What would be the differences to these two ?

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #70 of 80
I have a question about balanced cables for my FH5. The old one is a cheap balanced 2.5mm cable from FiiO I was using, but I'm sure their new ones are far better. But Im not sure which to go for, they have the LC-2.5B, or the LC-2.5C. What would be the differences to these two ?
Here is the comparation between LC-B and LC-C series:
upload_2018-8-16_17-6-39.png

The LC-C series headphone cables are made of 8 carefully-woven strands of high-purity monocrystalline silver-plated copper (OCC). Each strand consists of 19 different wires, for a total of 152 wires in the entire cable. With this series of cables, you can expect smoother and less harsh treble, significantly increased detail, and vocals with clarity you never thought possible. Experience a clear, yet warmly inviting sound.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #73 of 80
Review is posted here and on my blog and FH5 on its way to Boston to visit with @SilverEars. Hope they enjoyed the stay with me as much as I enjoyed having them.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try them out.

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back