The results of head-fi...
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

singular

Head-Fier
You're all to blame! One month of head-fi membership and it's come to this...

My office analogue set-up

3594315815_7a3f0f01e4.jpg

Marantz 2215B receiver
Pro-ject 1.2 turntable
Mapletree Audio Ear+ Purist HD2 headphone amp from Audiogon - seller may well be on head-fi as well
Grado RS-2 headphones - thanks to Aura in the classifieds

Ok, I do also hook in the computer with iBasso D3 as DAC so it's not fully analogue. I wouldn't get anything done if I spent the whole day spinning records...

Had the amp running for about an hour and it's just getting nicely warmed up!

Around £600 spent (not including the Zappa) and to me it sounds as good or better than many speaker set-ups I've heard for 000's.

Thanks for all the tips and pointers I've picked up either directly or indirectly along the way.

Sam

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 24
Avoid ticks and pops by keeping records as clean as possible! I'm also steeling myself to try the ''wood glue peel' cleaning method with a few discs I have that are a bit more gunked up.

Will have to get pretty bad to fire myself :wink:

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 24
Damn I wish I had space for vinyl. I am running out of space as it is.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 24
Very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif
If I didn't have a nice vintage TT, I'd pick up a Pro-ject one. They look very simple and minimalist. I am, however, using a Pro-ject phono box, which is a nice little component that fits in well with the rest of my system and isn't too high-end for my source.

I avoid clicks and pops by... using HD650s rather than my Grados. Seriously, the slightly ramped-down highs make the Senns a tad better (more forgiving
wink.gif
) for most vinyl recordings on my system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 24
Congratulations!
Only been here a month and already understood what its all about.
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #13 of 24
Did I read Zappa in there? You can never have too much Frank!

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #15 of 24
consider yourself lucky that you weren't here when the orpheus or sony mdr-r10 were still available from vendors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back