The Refurbished Journey
May 19, 2011 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TikPandora

New Head-Fier
After getting sick of my Sony extra bass earbuds, I decided to search the internet for a new pair of headphones.

My search lasted about two hours.  It went from a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs, to some Creative earbuds, and then to a pair of Klipsch S4s.  Right when I was about to buy the pair of Klipsch Image S4 earbuds, I came upon one of the strangest things I have seen in my life.  A refurbished pair of Monster Turbines for $30 with shipping.  It was in an auction format, and the auction was posted by the ebay seller MobilePC.  I jumped on it and bid, winning the auction 17 minutes later.  I have no idea if they will come with any of the accessories, but they at least have a 30 day return.  For $30 my expectations are not very good, but my hopes are high.

When my pair of turbines comes in a few days, I will report back with my further experiences.

May 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 12
Ive bought from them plenty of times (Turbines, Golds, Ety HF2, Aurvana In-ears) and all of my items arrived in flawless condition. Both Turbines were authentic so I would not be too worried about fakes; though if they are, ebay is usually good about that stuff =). I think they just buy out a bunch of retailers' open-box, refurb, b-stock, etc intventory for cheap and sell them off

May 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 12
They sound great actually.  I haven't really gotten to do a lot of testing with them yet though.  They are in amazing condition, no flaws or scratches.  I just registered them on Monster.com actually.  I know I won't get the warranty, but I just wanted to check if they were truly legit.

"Thank you for purchasing a Monster product, and welcome to the Monster family!

Your online warranty registration has been received."

Well....never mind I guess! LOL

------------------------------------
Just a few things I noticed though.
On the box, it shows the headphones having a pair of headphones over the monster logo.  Those are not present on the earbuds.
Also, it says that the headphones have a right angle connector, but mine is straight.
The cases have red stitching and are suede.
There is no cable clip or slider on the headphones.

But the tell tale signs seem to check out, the grilles bubble out instead of recess, and they feel pretty heavy and high quality.

May 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #8 of 12
I bought a pair of Woodees from them and a pair of Sony DR 300iPs.  Both seem legit to me.  They both came with most of the accessories (Sony had all of them).  The Woodees were missing one ear tip and a case.  I think MobilePC just resells open package items for cheap.  My Sony headset came in an opened box, the Woodees came as is (no box).  Both were in good condition.

May 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 12
The boxes of the original turbines have a bunch of mistakes on them.  No cable slider, some have right angle plug, some dont...NO original turbines have the logo with the headphones on them (only the PRO series GOLD and COPPER)...so don't use that as your reference point.  Look at the huge Turbine thread...it's been talked about a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back