The Reference 6SN7 Thread
Dec 31, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #3,481 of 10,123
Not sure when the month officially ends on HeadFi's clock, but it's not looking promising for you right now. If you'd like to challenge this through the courts I understand, but if you want to go ahead and concede let me know when to send the carrier in to pick up my million GE tubes. I'm counting on those to stock me up with Christmas gifts for @Paladin79 for the next 50 years. :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::laughing::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

35 points separate us but a miss is as good as a mile. 2020 is best remembered for Covid-19 and the arduous task of trying to catch Bcowen's post count. I concede. You won and will be crown the new emperor. Just remember to put on some clothes on coronation day. I'll be there to take pictures.

The year ended for me from drinking beer to red wine to vodka cruiser. Just any alcoholic liquid will do. So cheers to you and everyone here. :slight_smile: :wink: :wave:

IMG_1639.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #3,482 of 10,123
OK, our turn in Europe. 4 1/2 hours left. Hitting the barrel now, too. Happy New Year to all!
This is so not fair lol, it is going on 2 pm here and I am still working. Have one for me ODD.
Special thanks go out to those who have gifted me some very nice whisky, bourbon and scotch. It pays not to pass out GE tubes. :ksc75smile:
Now if only I had some of what I consider to be a fine Belgian beer, Gulden Draak, but I can buy that locally.

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #3,483 of 10,123
This is so not fair lol, it is going on 2 pm here and I am still working. Have one for me ODD.
Special thanks go out to those who have gifted me some very nice whisky, bourbon and scotch. It pays not to pass out GE tubes. :ksc75smile:
Now if only I had some of what I consider to be a fine Belgian beer, Gulden Draak, but I can buy that locally.
Oh well, I do stock Chimay Bleu at home only, but won't bother with beer today. Started with Pinot Blanc Rosenbourg from André Blanc in Elsace, and will move on to Chateau Poitevin 2014 from Médoc in France. After that, world is my oyster, but perhaps Armagnac, to keep the line. Happy New Year, Tom!

Dec 31, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,485 of 10,123
Dec 31, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,486 of 10,123
Oh well, I do stock Chimay Bleu at home only, but won't bother with beer today. Started with Pinot Blanc Rosenbourg from André Blanc in Elsace, and will move on to Chateau Poitevin 2014 from Médoc in France. After that, world is my oyster, but perhaps Armagnac, to keep the line. Happy New Year, Tom!
You are a man of refined taste and style. My wine selection will be tomorrow with lunch and dinner but a pinot blanc will be enjoyed, possibly dinner tonight.
Happy New Year ODD!

Dec 31, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #3,488 of 10,123
Yep pouring my fist glass of bourbon for the night......cheers fellas! Oh and we will also be popping a Prosecco that I received from @Paladin79! Thanks Tom!
You are most welcome, and now that the sun is nearly over the yardarm I am sampling some of the Pinhook you gifted me, a wonderful bourbon, thank you SQ!

Even more appreciated after bringing in firewood and trying to get my cat Finnegan back indoors lol. He wanted a tour of the new shed apparently.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,489 of 10,123
Tomorrow I hope to start final assembly on the Cowen. After several coats of lacquer on the cabinet.

amp case 2.jpgamp case 3.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,490 of 10,123
Years ago when I was young and dumb I loved Duvel unfiltered. The trick was to decant the layer of brewer's yeast at the bottom while pouring into the stein. Tonight I will likely have a root beer with dinner and struggle to stay awake till midnight, although my wife will probably be out sooner. Funniest part is I don't mind a bit. They say youth is wasted on the young and wisdom on the old. May 2021 find us all living in the grand sweet spot between those two poles of life and all of it made better by music. ⚖🎵

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #3,492 of 10,123
Dec 31, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #3,494 of 10,123
Can you change the name to UntilThen. I like it personalised.
Why sure, one day that could happen but for now they are local pickup only, so Sqitis may be the only one to hear one. :ksc75smile:

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #3,495 of 10,123
I was hoping the Cowen name would scare people away! I am hoping not to build more.😷

Huh?!? You're going to need to hire 20 or 30 employees to keep up with the demand. But I'm not the one that's gonna inform your wife that her new shed has been repurposed...already. :grin::grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back