The Questyle, Mr. Speakers, ENIGMAcoustics, McIntosh, STAX, Focal, SubPac, Audeze, Noble, Kimber & RHA Meet @ The Source A/V in Torrance, California 10/17
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #46 of 65
Great and fun event, big thanks to all the folks who put on the event!

Was sooo tired after I got home and now playing catch up with all my work stuff so might post some impressions in a few days once I get a chance to breathe~

The next San Diego looks like lots of the same folk who came this time but a shame I am preoccupied that weekend :frowning2: 

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #48 of 65
Interesting, I love my CMA800R monos with my HE6! Hansotek considers them possibly the best he's heard his 6 on too, and he's sampled a lot of gear (I be tried them in quite a few systems too).

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #50 of 65
I had such a great time - will post more details ASAP!!!!
Too many appointments today - lifes been MAD

and I OWE you guys my detailed impressions on the LCD-4!! Especially now that I've had more time on it,
and hopefully they'll send me a damn review unit soon... 

but I needed this event, following CanJam (was a BLAST too) - as I have so much to be grateful for in the Head-Fi Community...
So many of you have been incredible in your support through this divorce mess (at 40 years old, havin' been w/ Alexandra for 20 yrs - half my life - it coulda killed me if it wasn't for some people in this community) - it's been a bit overwhelming for me...

But this event exemplified what I've been writing about since 2009 - which is that it doesn't need to be a Hi-fi vs. headphones game! There's room for ALL of us, and I'm workin' on a piece right now about that. But big thanks to Bruce at Questyle and Jason Lord at The Source A/V!

I loved the Noble SAVANT iems, and I'll be reviewing them soon - killer mids, extended bass - and the overall musical engagement was far beyond my expectations when matched with my Questyle QP1R (which is my favorite DAP for iems, as the bass is just phenomenal). Thanks to Warren for picking which ones I should try.

I'm also lookin' forward to reviewing the ENIGMAs!!
That's a freakin' FUN headphone, especially w/ my underground tech-house and other EDM.

other thoughts comin fellas! and I'm so sorry for the delayed responses,
once I have my own living spot things will be more settled.

couple of pix - rest to be shared:

me and @warrenpchi checkin out the amazing ENIGMA Acoustics Sopranino (SP?) electrostatic super-tweeter!

there are only two things right now that can bring me peace - one is listening to music
and the other I can't write about (no it aint drugs, 
basshead.gif
)

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #51 of 65
It was a wonderful afternoon at this event, thanks to everyone responsible for putting this on!  Slightly off topic, but those Enigma M1 speakers with the super tweeters were the best small speaker I've EVER heard, and I've heard a few.  I actually think they blew away the Focal Utopias in the next room, WOW!

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #52 of 65
I had a great time at the event as well. Those McIntosh headphones... 
basshead.gif
 They were definitely the item of the show, for me. 

I also loved the Kimber Kable exhibition, because it showed me that cables DO make a difference... or at least Kimber Kables do. 

And, of course, those Questyle players. Forgive me for not saying anything about the sound, but honestly I've always planned on buying one based purely on their looks (soooo beautiful). I didn't even bother trying to understand how they improve the sound, because I'm already sure I'm going to get one. 
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #56 of 65
Dang... did anyone else get sick recently? I just became sick as a dog these past couple of days, and I'm starting to think maybe there was someone spreading the germs at this event. I gotta remind myself to bring some hand sanitizer to these events next time... 

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #57 of 65
  Dang... did anyone else get sick recently? I just became sick as a dog these past couple of days, and I'm starting to think maybe there was someone spreading the germs at this event. I gotta remind myself to bring some hand sanitizer to these events next time... 

I was pretty sick about going home without any new gear, does that count? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #58 of 65

I was pretty sick about going home without any new gear, does that count? 
biggrin.gif

You have a nice T-Shirt though....

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #60 of 65
I want to THANK Jason and Bruce for putting together the event. I flew down from the Bay for this and it was well worth the expense. The Source A/V is the most impressive Hi-Fi store I've been to. If Jason let me, I would have canceled the hotel room and spend the night at the store. LOL.... 

It was really nice to see Bruce, Brannon, Dan, Wei, Tony, Mark, Warren, Mercer, Harmony, John, Moe, Andre, Nate, Thomas, Russ, Jennifer, and everyone. It's rare that I see you guys and I'm not working. I actually got to audition the gear they had on hand in leisure.

The little Questyle mono-blocks are quite dynamic on the Focals.

The main theater room is crazy. I can live in it! Yes, that's TWO JL Phantoms!

Focal Utopia!!! speechless.... give me, give me, give me!

LCD4 sounded great on the Questyle mono-blocks. Maybe someday I can afford the system.

Wei should charge more for these. Exceptional value!

These Enigma speakers are equally impressive.

Dan, you need to step up the production on these. I need one in my collection!

Brannon, I should unbox this on the channel. So beautiful....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back