The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #4,471 of 4,753
It definitely comes with USB cables. I recall mine came with them when I got my 5K. Pretty sure they were not braided but I don't remember at this point since it was years ago at launch. The Qudelix producr page shows it still comes with USB cables.

https://www.qudelix.com/products/qudelix-5k

After all these years, it is still working well with some minor expected battery degradation (knock on wood). Definitely have gotten my money's worth and one of the best audio related purchases I have made.
Gotcha. It's been a while since I purchased it, so I must just be misremembering.

I've used mine almost daily since I got it (walking to work, around the house). Ridiculously convenient since I use it almost exclusively in bluetooth mode. Far from the last word in sound quality, but the PEQ capabilities make a big difference for such a small, convenient, inexpensive device.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #4,475 of 4,753
About the multipoint, I use my 5K with an Avantree DG80 USB transmitter and Apple TV. While the DG80 is always somehow hogging the connection and defeats other receivers like the FiiO BTR5, the 5K allows me to give priority to the Apple TV, such that when the ATV is outputting audio, the 5K automatically switches to it. Not possible with the BTR5, which remains stuck on the DG80. IOW, the 5K works great for this. It could however be improved by showing the device names in the app, but once you set it up, it just works.

More than 2 years have passed but thanks for this!

Just bought a device that's probably neigh identical to the Avantree and was wondering/hoping it'd play nice with the Qudelix 5K.

Trying to keep expectations low but I'm hoping this Bluetooth transmitter will lead me to salvation. I'm so sick of feeling like I can't watch what I want late at night since there's no practical way to hook up wired headphones and the Bluetooth quality/lag of the codecs supported by the TV itself suck.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #4,476 of 4,753
So I have a Sony sound bar that can act as a Bluetooth transmitter. I can pair and connect the Qudelix 5k to it but no sound gets transmitted from the sound bar to the 5k. Any idea what's up? What am I doing wrong?

I can connect my Galaxy buds to the sound bar and everything works there...
What soundbar model are you using? I've never tried it but I think my Yamaha has the same capability.

Also, how's the lag with the Buds? Just got the Pro2 and have wondered how they'd be for movies. The sound quality is surprisingly good and given the seal/noise canceling and bass response I can imagine they might actually be better than open back headphones. Maybe.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #4,478 of 4,753
is there any place i can learn how to best use the eq on the qudelix? i've just been using the presets
I'd start with something like Resolve's tutorial on the Headphone Show.

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #4,480 of 4,753
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #4,481 of 4,753
If it's any help, I wanted to try out matching different iem FR signatures using PEQ and ended up using squiglink to get the settings, then adding them manually in to the Q5k. Here's the link, it's not long, but should have all the info you need.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mimicking-other-iems-using-squiglink-frs.963638/
sound good been trying to learn more about graphs and how it translate to sound so this sounds like a good way. been in the squiglink rabbit hole checking out different iems so this is perfect, thanks

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #4,482 of 4,753
Jan 20, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #4,483 of 4,753
is there any place i can learn how to best use the eq on the qudelix? i've just been using the presets
Beyond the generic EQ presets, the 5k has the entire AutoEQ database for specific headphones and iems. Not sure if it has your exact model, but it might. The AutoEQ profiles are a good place to start if you're brand new to EQ since most of them build in a low shelf and a high shelf for you to adjust each profile to your own tastes.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #4,484 of 4,753
Oh man, just recieved the new device yesterday; it was at 40% battery level. Played with it found it awesome.
I plugged it to charge it all night (with protection battery 80% on) and this morning the red lid was off, probably indicating it fully charged, and…ONLY 67% !!!!!
My charger is a standard 5v/1A charger so i don’t understand !
I charge all my devices on it fine ! The BTR and the rest…
I hope my Qudelix is not a lemon !

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #4,485 of 4,753
One more tip for PEQ.

It's a darn sight easier to add PEQ settings using the browser version of the app than on a phone. If you don't have it, it can be found here:
https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/qudelix/phaodiidhofhdmfkjiacigibgikhfafn?pli=1
Omg, thank you! Totally forgot this was a thing.

I can't believe I've been manually replicating my Peace presets on the phone when I could have just had a Chrome tab next to Peace and done it in like a tenth of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back