The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 26, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #4,232 of 4,906
The manual for the T71 doesn't cover this - is it possible to show the SPL on the T71's screen, based on the values you input into the Chrome or phone app?

For what I can see, no.
Even browsing through the various menus,
I couldn't find it on the display.

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #4,233 of 4,906
For what I can see, no.

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg
Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been taking part in a lot of Zoom meetings lately but I’m raising the volume on my end often in order to hear certain participants better, and I don’t like that I do not have absolute values to refer to in order to make sure I’m still within safe boundaries.

I suppose seeing the voltage is still better than nothing.

Sep 26, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #4,235 of 4,906
Is it possible to do a battery replacement? My battery life is in shambles since I had used it for so long at desktop without capping charge :sleepy:
I think battery replacement is about $99 on Amazon right now.

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #4,239 of 4,906
Sep 28, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #4,242 of 4,906
For what I can see, no.

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg
Hi! Sorry to bother you.
I see that you are already enjoying the T71. I got it today and got blown away by the sound, specially playing games and movies with multichannel sound. I got a few questions if you don't mind asking.

-I've seen that you are using both the Speaker EQ and the User one at the same time. Are you doing do that to create an EQ of more than 10 bands?
I also wonder if it's ok to use the speaker EQ when using the 7.1 DAC mode. It seems to bd working, but IDK if it would be better to
use the user EQ for multichannel.

-Also, I see that on 7.1 DAC mode, you are getting 2.0 (besides 2.5mm). Have you changed any options? I only seem to get 7.1, even when Im using 5.1 or 2.0 mixed stuff.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #4,243 of 4,906
Hi! Sorry to bother you.
I see that you are already enjoying the T71. I got it today and got blown away by the sound, specially playing games and movies with multichannel sound. I got a few questions if you don't mind asking.

-I've seen that you are using both the Speaker EQ and the User one at the same time. Are you doing do that to create an EQ of more than 10 bands?
I also wonder if it's ok to use the speaker EQ when using the 7.1 DAC mode. It seems to bd working, but IDK if it would be better to
use the user EQ for multichannel.

-Also, I see that on 7.1 DAC mode, you are getting 2.0 (besides 2.5mm). Have you changed any options? I only seem to get 7.1, even when Im using 5.1 or 2.0 mixed stuff.

Thanks!

No bother; I like to talk about the things I love,
both to learn and to transfer what I know.

Yes, the T71 has excellent audio quality and good output power for a dongle, and it is a very sophisticated machine (even though we are just at the first firmware releases).

So, based on what I was able to understand, the machine has 2 PEQ configuration pages (active at the same time) because they have different purposes.

The USER page is intended to equalize the source audio, while the SPEAKER page is intended to equalize the headphones (or the speakers, if the analog signals are taken from the USB connector for audio, the one placed next to the various jacks) .

For this reason only on the SPEAKER page there is a direct link to Squiglink.

Regarding the PEQ,
it becomes stereo 2.0 or 5.1/7.1 depending on the signal it has to process at that moment.
(I am certain of this regarding the USER page, while I can only hypothesize about it for the SPEAKER page, because I have not yet tried the multi-channel IEMs that QUDELIX will release in the future).

Remaining on the USER page, you will notice that the channels you have available to configure depend on the audio signal you have at the input
(obviously you must have the machine configured to receive 7.1 and with the AUTO flag activated, so that the T71 can change its operating mode based on the input signal).

As regards the downmix from 7.1/5.1 to 2.0, it is managed automatically by the DAC, based on the type of input signal and based on what is connected as a speaker.

If you use the 2.5/3.5/4.4 jacks it considers that you have a stereo speaker obviously, and therefore it performs the downmix from multi-channel to stereo.

When we will have the multi-channel IEMs, I imagine that in the case of a multi-channel input signal the downmix in stereo will not be carried out, but the multi-channel signal will be sent directly to the IEMs.

I hope I have clarified your doubts as much as I was able.

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #4,244 of 4,906
No bother; I like to talk about the things I love,
both to learn and to transfer what I know.

Yes, the T71 has excellent audio quality and good output power for a dongle, and it is a very sophisticated machine (even though we are just at the first firmware releases).

So, based on what I was able to understand, the machine has 2 PEQ configuration pages (active at the same time) because they have different purposes.

The USER page is intended to equalize the source audio, while the SPEAKER page is intended to equalize the headphones (or the speakers, if the analog signals are taken from the USB connector for audio, the one placed next to the various jacks) .

For this reason only on the SPEAKER page there is a direct link to Squiglink.

Regarding the PEQ,
it becomes stereo 2.0 or 5.1/7.1 depending on the signal it has to process at that moment.
(I am certain of this regarding the USER page, while I can only hypothesize about it for the SPEAKER page, because I have not yet tried the multi-channel IEMs that QUDELIX will release in the future).

Remaining on the USER page, you will notice that the channels you have available to configure depend on the audio signal you have at the input
(obviously you must have the machine configured to receive 7.1 and with the AUTO flag activated, so that the T71 can change its operating mode based on the input signal).

As regards the downmix from 7.1/5.1 to 2.0, it is managed automatically by the DAC, based on the type of input signal and based on what is connected as a speaker.

If you use the 2.5/3.5/4.4 jacks it considers that you have a stereo speaker obviously, and therefore it performs the downmix from multi-channel to stereo.

When we will have the multi-channel IEMs, I imagine that in the case of a multi-channel input signal the downmix in stereo will not be carried out, but the multi-channel signal will be sent directly to the IEMs.

I hope I have clarified your doubts as much as I was able.
That's was very helpful! Really appreciate your help.
I understand pretty much everything you said.
I rather use the speaker EQ then, as I don't wanna mess with the multichannel source audio using the user EQ.

Just one more thing? What do you mean with the auto flag? I didn't see it on the APP. Im switching manually between 7.1 and 2.0 DAC mode.
I've seen something called "force lock to 7.1" but not sure what It means either haha.

Thanks for your help!

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #4,245 of 4,906
That's was very helpful! Really appreciate your help.
I understand pretty much everything you said.
I rather use the speaker EQ then, as I don't wanna mess with the multichannel source audio using the user EQ.

Just one more thing? What do you mean with the auto flag? I didn't see it on the APP. Im switching manually between 7.1 and 2.0 DAC mode.
I've seen something called "force lock to 7.1" but not sure what It means either haha.

Thanks for your help!

I mean the following setting:

IMG_6077.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back