The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 20, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #4,141 of 4,906
I’ve used it both ways. I just think it’s time I retire it from the way that I was using it. I think I’ll stick it back on my K371 to use that as a wireless headphone. It does good enough in that situation.

Oh, yeah it's definitely not powerful enough to drive those. You should buy some IEMs to use with it instead. It still won't be the meatiest sound out there but it'll be way better than using it with those.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #4,142 of 4,906
Oh, yeah it's definitely not powerful enough to drive those. You should buy some IEMs to use with it instead. It still won't be the meatiest sound out there but it'll be way better than using it with those.
It is powerful enough to drive these. I guess you haven’t been following along. lol

The K371 is also very easy to drive I use it with the volume at -30 to -35 or so. So plenty of power and headroom.

I own several IEMs and a K371 and a Focal Elear with Clear pads. All sound leaner on the 5K no matter whether it’s used wired or Bluetooth. Even the Elear with Clear pads is easy enough to drive on the 5K, but it still lacks weight and authority on the 5K.

Other people have said in the past that the 5K sounds lean and clinical. I’m far from the first to say it. I’ve even used the 5K balanced on a few different things.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,143 of 4,906
It is powerful enough to drive these. I guess you haven’t been following along. lol

The K371 is also very easy to drive I use it with the volume at -30 to -35 or so. So plenty of power and headroom.

I own several IEMs and a K371 and a Focal Elear with Clear pads. All sound leaner on the 5K no matter whether it’s used wired or Bluetooth. Even the Elear with Clear pads is easy enough to drive on the 5K, but it still lacks weight and authority on the 5K.

Other people have said in the past that the 5K sounds lean and clinical. I’m far from the first to say it. I’ve even used the 5K balanced on a few different things.
Ah, sorry, yeah I jumped in late. And I'm definitely among those who found the 5k too light to hold onto.

Aug 22, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #4,144 of 4,906
Should be getting T71 in some foreseeable time. I’ve had 5k for a while, was great. I trust this company with their devices. So I jumped on pre order as soon as it was announced. We’ll see.
My other portable is RU7. I am sure sound will be different, but amp and power make me wonder how it will sound. Having 4 dacs on board is more interesting and price is insanely good.
Big plus is all of the convenience of usb type C and proprietary software which is extremely customizable.
Stay tuned!

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #4,145 of 4,906
Should be getting T71 in some foreseeable time. I’ve had 5k for a while, was great. I trust this company with their devices. So I jumped on pre order as soon as it was announced. We’ll see.
My other portable is RU7. I am sure sound will be different, but amp and power make me wonder how it will sound. Having 4 dacs on board is more interesting and price is insanely good.
Big plus is all of the convenience of usb type C and proprietary software which is extremely customizable.
Stay tuned!

TRUST, exactly.
The 5K (SW and HW) is a combination of intelligence and technical ability.

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #4,147 of 4,906
I just got the RU7, it's a massive upgrade soundwise over the 5k.
I’d like one, but it’s pricey and I think draws too much to be ideal to use with an iPhone.

Does anyone know how many MA it does draw powering easy to drive IEMs?

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #4,148 of 4,906
I’d like one, but it’s pricey and I think draws too much to be ideal to use with an iPhone.

Does anyone know how many MA it does draw powering easy to drive IEMs?
I've been using it with an iPhone 11 and Shanling L3 cable for 2 days and it's not that hard on battery life, at least when powering my FH7s. I haven't tested it but I'd guess I could get 4-5 hours of listening time before charging which is fine for my needs.

The catch is only the single-ended connection works reliably in my usage, the balanced starts skipping almost immediately. But the 3.5 port is more than powerful enough for IEMs so it doesn't really matter.

I'm pretty hard to please and the RU7 is easily worth more than $300. If you're in the US I'd just buy it from Amazon since you can easily return it if you don't like it, but it's a genuinely great device. Almost everything I wanted to the RU6 to be.

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #4,149 of 4,906
I've been using it with an iPhone 11 and Shanling L3 cable for 2 days and it's not that hard on battery life, at least when powering my FH7s. I haven't tested it but I'd guess I could get 4-5 hours of listening time before charging which is fine for my needs.

The catch is only the single-ended connection works reliably in my usage, the balanced starts skipping almost immediately. But the 3.5 port is more than powerful enough for IEMs so it doesn't really matter.

I'm pretty hard to please and the RU7 is easily worth more than $300. If you're in the US I'd just buy it from Amazon since you can easily return it if you don't like it, but it's a genuinely great device. Almost everything I wanted to the RU6 to be.

It would drain your phone from 100% to 0% in 5 hours?

Aug 22, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #4,151 of 4,906
I haven't measured it, it's just a guess. But yeah, it doesn't drain battery that fast in my experience using the 3.5mm is what I'm saying. At least not for my use, but if you need it to survive for hours it might not be that great.
5 hours of battery life in my opinion would be pretty bad if that’s really the case. That would ruin the battery in the phone pretty quickly if you used it like that on a daily basis.

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #4,152 of 4,906
5 hours of battery life in my opinion would be pretty bad if that’s really the case. That would ruin the battery in the phone pretty quickly if you used it like that on a daily basis.
I mean, maybe. I've never had a problem with my battery and I've used dongles for years. The sound is good enough that if it did become a problem I'd just get a cheap dap, that way I could use Bluetooth with it. In fact, I might do that now.

Aug 24, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #4,154 of 4,906
2nd preorder of the Qudelix Q71 is up for grabs. Just ordered mine.

Been using the 5k for years and it has become my favourite device, and I've tried loads of expensive DAC/AMPs, both portable and desktop, but the 5k is always my way to go.

I want the T71 for my PC cause I watch a lot of movies, series, anime and also play some games. A lot of these have multichannel sound, so Im curious about the downmixing abilities and the DSP of the T71.
Been using the Soundblaster XG6 on my laptop for a while and I think that it's a hard to beat product for the price, so would be cool to compare both.

Anyways, if you ordered the T71 in the first preorder and you receive it soon, please share some first impressions :)

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #4,155 of 4,906
Mine should be arriving tomorrow, excited to see how this thing performs!

2nd preorder of the Qudelix Q71 is up for grabs. Just ordered mine.

Been using the 5k for years and it has become my favourite device, and I've tried loads of expensive DAC/AMPs, both portable and desktop, but the 5k is always my way to go.

I want the T71 for my PC cause I watch a lot of movies, series, anime and also play some games. A lot of these have multichannel sound, so Im curious about the downmixing abilities and the DSP of the T71.
Been using the Soundblaster XG6 on my laptop for a while and I think that it's a hard to beat product for the price, so would be cool to compare both.

Anyways, if you ordered the T71 in the first preorder and you receive it soon, please share some first impressions :)
I'm in the same boat as you. Love my 5K, best portable DAC/Amp I've ever had. I also use the SoundBlasterX G6 but with my desktop though for gaming (iFi Zen DAC V2 for music) so I'm eager to compare the surround features of the T71 to that of the G6. I'll be putting it through its paces over the next week or so and write up a review for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back