The Qudelix-5K thread
Apr 6, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #3,962 of 4,906
hi,

I have a question about a problem.
I use my Qudelix 5K to listen music on my android phone. I use it wired with Tidal Hifi.

The problem is, the 5K sometimes produces really short white noises, something like when you lost the bluetooth signal, but it can't be the issue, because it's wired. It seems to happen randomly, I haven't find any pattern or reason yet.

Latest firmware installed.

What do I do wrong?

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #3,963 of 4,906
Can LDAC be used with Galaxy s23 ultra and Qudelix 5K?
Are the highest quality Bluetooth versions compatible with each other for LDAC use? The Galaxy S23 Ultra uses a newer version of Bluetooth.

I want to sell FiiO BTR7 and buy Qudelix 5K.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #3,964 of 4,906
Can LDAC be used with Galaxy s23 ultra and Qudelix 5K?
Are the highest quality Bluetooth versions compatible with each other for LDAC use? The Galaxy S23 Ultra uses a newer version of Bluetooth.

I want to sell FiiO BTR7 and buy Qudelix 5K.
I have the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and both the BTR7 and Qudelix 5K. Both work with LDAC fine, without any issues. In comparison to my previous phone, the POCO F2 Pro, I have observed that with the Galaxy S23 Ultra I have full Bluetooth coverage inside my home with the BTR7, whereas before I was losing signal at a specific point in the bathroom, upstairs, near the window. With my Qudelix 5K I have not had any issue, ever. Full Bluetooth signal strength inside my house.

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #3,965 of 4,906
I have the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and both the BTR7 and Qudelix 5K. Both work with LDAC fine, without any issues. In comparison to my previous phone, the POCO F2 Pro, I have observed that with the Galaxy S23 Ultra I have full Bluetooth coverage inside my home with the BTR7, whereas before I was losing signal at a specific point in the bathroom, upstairs, near the window. With my Qudelix 5K I have not had any issue, ever. Full Bluetooth signal strength inside my house.

Ok, is it worth using QUDELIX 5K instead of BTR 7 for sound quality and battery performance?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #3,966 of 4,906
Ok, is it worth going to QUDELIX 5K for sound quality and battery performance?
For me, both the BTR7 and the Qudelix-5K have excellent sound quality. I am using all the IEMs and headphones you can see in my signature with both of them, besides the HD600. They just sound different but equally beautiful to me. I tend to use my BTR7 a bit more. What I sincerely appreciate on the Qudelix 5K is their support for the product. They listen to their customers, they upgrade the App and the Firmware very often, and they are present on the website to support and reply to any questions. The EQ is a huge function of the 5K but personally I do not use EQ almost at all. For my Tansio Mirai Sands, though, which sound extremely bright to my ears, the 5K's PEQ has proven to be a salvation! As a company, in overall, Qudelix is much-much better than FiiO.

PS: for battery life, I have not measured it because when one gets depleted, I switch to the other. But I would say, both can last around 4 hours or so, listening to LDAC.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #3,967 of 4,906
For me, both the BTR7 and the Qudelix-5K have excellent sound quality. I am using all the IEMs and headphones you can see in my signature with both of them, besides the HD600. They just sound different but equally beautiful to me. I tend to use my BTR7 a bit more. What I sincerely appreciate on the Qudelix 5K is their support for the product. They listen to their customers, they upgrade the App and the Firmware very often, and they are present on the website to support and reply to any questions. The EQ is a huge function of the 5K but personally I do not use EQ almost at all. For my Tansio Mirai Sands, though, which sound extremely bright to my ears, the 5K's PEQ has proven to be a salvation! As a company, in overall, Qudelix is much-much better than FiiO.

PS: for battery life, I have not measured it because when one gets depleted, I switch to the other. But I would say, both can last around 4 hours or so, listening to LDAC.

I realize there is no difference worth switching from btr7 to qudelix.
It would be good for fiio to focus more on software shortcomings and listen to their customers more.

Thank you for your sincere reply.

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #3,968 of 4,906
and battery performance?
Depends how you use it, with less sensitive iems/headphones and using balanced ports and highest settings theyll have similar runtime, but if used with high sensitivity iems and lower settings then 5K has more than twice battery runtime. Up to 20 hours for the 5k and 9 hours for the btr7 stated by the manufacturers.
I managed to get 16 hours runtime with not that sensitive iems(103db/mw) on 3.5mm 1v in normal mode, using LDAC(909kbps) codec @44.1KHz sample rate and PEQ active. With higher sensitivity iems/headphones im pretty sure 20 hours would be achievable as stated by Qudelix.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #3,969 of 4,906
As for battery, I use mine wired to an iPhone so the iPhone battery is what gets used. So my 5K has had the battery at about 70% for quite a while.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #3,970 of 4,906
Depends how you use it, with less sensitive iems/headphones and using balanced ports and highest settings theyll have similar runtime, but if used with high sensitivity iems and lower settings then 5K has more than twice battery runtime. Up to 20 hours for the 5k and 9 hours for the btr7 stated by the manufacturers.
I managed to get 16 hours runtime with not that sensitive iems(103db/mw) on 3.5mm 1v in normal mode, using LDAC(909kbps) codec @44.1KHz sample rate and PEQ active. With higher sensitivity iems/headphones im pretty sure 20 hours would be achievable as stated by Qudelix.

Does the battery drain on its own when Qudelix is turned off?

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #3,972 of 4,906
Does anyone think there will be a new modern dac model more advanced than the Qudelix - 5k soon?
Personally, I wholeheartedly wish for an upgrade from Qudelix, themselves, but I do not think so.

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #3,973 of 4,906
I just wish they make a new one with a 4.4 pentaconn. The rest stays the same and nothing else.

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #3,975 of 4,906
Does the battery drain on its own when Qudelix is turned off?
Not really, have one sitting in the drawer as a backup and havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. You need have to have in mind that as any battery out there, li-ion also has a self discharge rate(around couple of percent per month). So dont leave it turned off and at low charge for extended periods of time, or plug it in once at least every few months to get the charge bit up. Ideally keep the battery at nominal voltage for long term storage(3.85V for the 5K).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back