The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 25, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #3,691 of 4,753
Dec 25, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #3,692 of 4,753
Hi guys. I got the update and there's an option that I swear I never seen before, it's called "distortion compensation". Unfortunately there isn't any info about what this makes. Anyone knows anything about it?
Thanks in advance.

PD. I was able to find it on the Qudelix forum.
The Qudelix staff said:
"It's a built-in feature in ESS DAC. With some ESS DAC parameter optimization, we can enhance the linearity by a little margin"

So I let it turned on :)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #3,694 of 4,753
I am trying to find the perfect EQ settings for my Sennheiser 58x but the qudelix 5k is only 10 band eq and most i've seen online besides oratorys are more than that. does anyone have a good eq where the vocals don't sound super muddy ?
need some trremble?

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #3,696 of 4,753
Hey guys, after updating to the latest firmware, my Qudelix powers on by itself and is trying to connect via Bluetooth, so the blue button is flashing.
What I do is, after powering off the Qudelix from the App on my Android phone, I plug it in to my laptop to charge. After a few minutes, it powers on by itself and connects to the phone. I power it off again via the App and disable Bluetooth on my phone. After a few minutes the blue button starts flashing again. Like it is attempting to connect.

Why is this happening? I am powering it off from the App on my phone. I have never encountered this behavior. Anyone else having this?

PS: If I shut it down by pressing the blue button on the device, this does not happen. It stays off. Is this how it is supposed to work now? Before the update, I could completely shut it down from the App.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #3,697 of 4,753
Im not sure if any of you guys have seen this, so ill leave it here just in case :)
This is the 5K connected to a windows 10 machine with alternative a2dp driver that allows SBC bitpool increase.
For the time being if the bitpool is set at 250(1414kbps), a2dp wont connect, you need to set it back to default(53) before trying to connect the 5K, and increase afterwards. Should be addressed in the next 5K firmware.

Attachments

• Qudelix SBC Lossless.jpg
    Qudelix SBC Lossless.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #3,698 of 4,753
I've been enjoying the 5K for some time now and decided to get the QX-Over IEMs to see what the QX-Over feature was about. Wow, for the low price of admission (plus shipping) I'm really liking the QX-Over IEMs with Oratory1990 Auto-EQ Preset.

Dec 28, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #3,699 of 4,753
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #3,700 of 4,753
Jan 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #3,701 of 4,753
So the update for the app and device itself are up on the iOS App Store now. I updated my 5K and half my EQ presets are gone, which would have been nice to know about first, so I could have at least took a screenshot of them and then re-input them again. So that’s kind of inconvenient.

I put in the sensitivity of my K371 and it’s telling me that I’m listening much louder than I am. Probably by at least a good 10-15dB. So it seems that this isn’t accurate.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #3,702 of 4,753
Yes update done with iPhone. Lots of great things this make this small box a jewels. But sadely the problem with iPhone battery lower than 50% unable to connect as dac, continually Switching dac/Bluetooth even with disable Bluetooth when connected as d’accord via usb

Jan 3, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #3,703 of 4,753
So the update for the app and device itself are up on the iOS App Store now. I updated my 5K and half my EQ presets are gone, which would have been nice to know about first, so I could have at least took a screenshot of them and then re-input them again. So that’s kind of inconvenient.

I put in the sensitivity of my K371 and it’s telling me that I’m listening much louder than I am. Probably by at least a good 10-15dB. So it seems that this isn’t accurate.
Same issue with the loudness. It seems to be quite a bit odd in any of the headphones I have tried. Although I didn’t lose my presets so that is nice.

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #3,704 of 4,753
New firmware for the 5K, fixes minor bugs/issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back