The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 12, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #3,451 of 4,753
Does anyone know if the 5K might get AptX Lossless (True 16/44.1 lossless) added with a new firmware. I remember when LDAC as added via a new firmware, so just wondering if this will be possible. AptX Lossless should sound a bit cleaner than LDAC with zero compression artifacts... not that LDAC is bad!

The new Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 Soc is supposed to have this new AptX Lossless. We'll have to see what new phones actually turn it on/allow it.

Sep 13, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #3,452 of 4,753
Hi all, having a bit of an issue with my Qudelix 5K.

Basically, I want to use Qudelix as USB dac/amp, but I want Qudelix to draw power from its own battery, not my phone. So that I can preserve phone battery.

But I can't. Idk how to. I already turned off the charging option in the app. But Qudelix still draws power from my phone via USB, while it's own battery is still maintained.

Also, am I right that the play/pause button cannot work if I'm *only* connected via USB?

Sep 13, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #3,453 of 4,753
Does anyone know if the 5K might get AptX Lossless (True 16/44.1 lossless) added with a new firmware. I remember when LDAC as added via a new firmware, so just wondering if this will be possible. AptX Lossless should sound a bit cleaner than LDAC with zero compression artifacts... not that LDAC is bad!

The new Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 Soc is supposed to have this new AptX Lossless. We'll have to see what new phones actually turn it on/allow it.

FYI... I got a reply from Qudelix on my email saying that they would not be able to add "AptX Lossless" to that 5K; And that they thought that the 5K would sound better with LDAC and 24bit files (even though lossy). Even so, for the next gen of TWS and wireless devices, I'll be looking for true lossless audio. And 16Bit "CD-Quality" is enough for my portable listening.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #3,454 of 4,753
Hi all, having a bit of an issue with my Qudelix 5K.

Basically, I want to use Qudelix as USB dac/amp, but I want Qudelix to draw power from its own battery, not my phone. So that I can preserve phone battery.

But I can't. Idk how to. I already turned off the charging option in the app. But Qudelix still draws power from my phone via USB, while it's own battery is still maintained.

Also, am I right that the play/pause button cannot work if I'm *only* connected via USB?
Did you try changing the USB option on your phone to data rather than charging?

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #3,455 of 4,753
Did you try changing the USB option on your phone to data rather than charging?
Okay so there's two sections in my phone that has USB options.

1) Default USB configuration (This I can set simply to file transfer but there isn't any "charging" option to opt out from)

2) USB Preferences (this one has the charging option but its kinda locked in, and I can't change it. Don't know why. Its greyed out when no USB connected, but when Qudelix is USB-connected it shows the charging option is on, but I can't turn it off because it keeps saying "switching failed". And this is even when I've disabled charging in the Qudelix app).

Sep 27, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #3,456 of 4,753
I got some questions regarding the Qudelix 5K with the Nintendo Switch.

- Are the profiles saved on the 5K? I want to adjust the L/R balance since I have hearing loss on my right ear. And the switch doesn't really offer any audio channel balance at all that's why the 5K is my only choice for this.
- Does it work on the switch on both handhled and docked mode? I've only seen a post where it works on handheld but I'm not sure if it works on docked mode.

Oct 4, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #3,459 of 4,753
I just wanted to say that Qudelix went out of their way to help me out of a bit of a pickle. They are truly a wondeful company, and I am a huge fan. Kudos to Qudelix :)

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #3,460 of 4,753
I just wanted to say that Qudelix went out of their way to help me out of a bit of a pickle. They are truly a wondeful company, and I am a huge fan. Kudos to Qudelix :)
So, what did they do for you ?

Oct 6, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #3,463 of 4,753
If anyone in the UK is looking for a Qudelix 5k at a good price. I just got my second one at Elise Audio for 119.99 + 4.99 carriage. It shot up to 175 on Amazon.

My second one you say? I abused the first one and stupidly used the clip. It doesn't help structural integrity and cracks developed. These were kept at bay with sugru, heartstrings (actually heatshrink) and a metal clip. It's out of warranty now.

The new one is in a silicone sheath with a metal strip stuck to it. This is held to what I am wearing with a magnetic strip from a convention badge kit and works very well. I wasn't able to find a decent case so I made my own.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #3,464 of 4,753
Heads up to Qudelix users residing in Korea.

Their customer service is really something else, and I say that in a good way.

I finally got around to emailing them the diagnostics info for my busted unit, and they told me to ship it in. I told them I am currently abroad and won't visit Korea for some time, and they told me to keep the email around until I visit because they would use that to extend my warranty that many days.

Might not be of much help to those who live far from Korea, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Oct 8, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #3,465 of 4,753
FYI: Since owning 'this' Q5K for about 4 months I have used three different USB-C to Lightning cables. The best one so far is the one I received today. Very nice quality rubber covered cable, tight fitting connectors, very nice build quality overall. Also the 'Meenova' lightning connector used to get very hot and the cable was stiff (relatively), it would also cut out occasionally. The Fiio cable, by comparison, is very soft & pliable, no connection issues so far.

FiiO LT-LT3 USB Type C to Lightning Cable

So this Fiio cable worked great and then just stopped after 3 weeks, so I returned it. Now I have found this 'GUCraftsman OTG Cable iOS to Type C/USB C Headphone Amplifier Cable'. Had it for about a week. It does everything it should. The whole reason I started looking for a new cable, is because the otherwise excellent Meenova cable is so stiff. Which leads me to the best thing about this cable- the construction quality. It is a very nice looking and feeling cable and it is super flexible with zero memory, like a good headphone cable!
DE7DC4F5-8355-4B59-915E-A35C850FE36F.jpeg

EA0BFDD6-5963-462B-B211-669C3BE477CE.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back