The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 24, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #3,421 of 4,753
Could be an issue with your units. The two times that I just tried power cycling with a PEQ ON the device did turn on with the PEQ applied. Have you guys saved the custom preset with a name on your device?

Yeah, the device should remember EQ settings when it's powered off, even if it's not saved. Might be worth raising a thread on the Qudelix forum.

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #3,423 of 4,753
Could be an issue with your units. The two times that I just tried power cycling with a PEQ ON the device did turn on with the PEQ applied. Have you guys saved the custom preset with a name on your device?
Yes, I have saved it with a name. Funny thing is, since posting this, for the last one day, my PEQ is being retained, even after I tried manually powering on/off. Not sure, what changed, since this issue I have been facing for quite some time.

Aug 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #3,424 of 4,753
Hi, I recently bought the 5K but I have a problem in USB mode with my smartphone (I have not tried from PC):

The blue button that allows you to paly, pause, skip to the previous or next track (doing double click) does not work properly in USB mode, let me explain.
it only works to go to the next or previous track with a double click but with a single click it does not allow you to pause or play.

However, this does not happen in Bluetooth mode where the single click of the blue Play / Pause button works correctly.

The device is updated to the latest firmware version, as well as the app.

Do you also encounter the same problem?

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #3,425 of 4,753
Hi, I recently bought the 5K but I have a problem in USB mode with my smartphone (I have not tried from PC):

The blue button that allows you to paly, pause, skip to the previous or next track (doing double click) does not work properly in USB mode, let me explain.
it only works to go to the next or previous track with a double click but with a single click it does not allow you to pause or play.
From what I have read in the forums, it seems controls are primarily meant to be used with Bluetooth.

Qudelix Forum

Aug 31, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #3,426 of 4,753
Anyone know if the Qudelix is compatible with a headphone using a remote control cable,
in other words, using the remote controls for play, pause, next etc.

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #3,427 of 4,753
Anyone know if the Qudelix is compatible with a headphone using a remote control cable,
in other words, using the remote controls for play, pause, next etc.
Hi, as far as I know, it is possible to use the inline mic on a headphone/headset, but not the buttons, which is a pity...
As the 4th ring on the internal jack is already used for the mic, I guess the "remote buttons" could be implemented in a future firmware, but it is not the case for now.

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #3,428 of 4,753
Hi, as far as I know, it is possible to use the inline mic on a headphone/headset, but not the buttons, which is a pity...
As the 4th ring on the internal jack is already used for the mic, I guess the "remote buttons" could be implemented in a future firmware, but it is not the case for now.
Many thanks for your reply!

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #3,429 of 4,753

It might take more than firmware - since the button presses are registering the values of resistors / voltage drops.
The spec for Android controls is here - https://source.android.com/docs/core/accessories/headset/plug-headset-spec

I'm not positive, but I think iPhone headphones use an Apple specific integrated circuit that communicates with the phone, and not just simple resistance values.

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,430 of 4,753
So I'd like some help here, as Qudelix hasn't replied to my support email.

For whatever reason, my 5K is completely unresponsive, and will not play any sound whatsoever.

The weirdness continues. When I plug it into my PC, Windows recognizes it; when I click the speaker icon, I have the choice between the motherboard sound card and the 5K, but there is no sound whatsoever.

When I open the Qudelix app on Edge, the webapp picks it up. It shows the battery charge state. The 5K responds to system resets. However, anything else is a no go. I cannot change the LED brightness, or turn the LED off altogether.

Any insight?

Sep 5, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #3,432 of 4,753
It might take more than firmware - since the button presses are registering the values of resistors / voltage drops.
The spec for Android controls is here - https://source.android.com/docs/core/accessories/headset/plug-headset-spec

I'm not positive, but I think iPhone headphones use an Apple specific integrated circuit that communicates with the phone, and not just simple resistance values.
Yep, I know how it works :wink:
I just thought that, if they included the possibility to use the inline mic (audio ADC), they probably also have a way to read the DC voltage on the same input...
But that's just my guess, and there has not been any sign of new features coming out so far...

This would be a great improvement. OK most of the people use True wireless earbuds nowadays, but for the ones like us which are using the 5K with "real" headphones or earbuds, it would be sometimes more easy/convenient to use the buttons closer to the headphones.
My Hiby players are able to take into account the CTIA "single button" (play/pause/next/previous), but not the volume buttons...

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,434 of 4,753
Check to make sure it's not set to only the balanced/single ended port (depending on which one you're using)
No dice. I plugged in an unbalanced 3.5mm jack, and from the webapp, tried both 3.5mm and auto select. No sound still.

This is a weird level of a lack of response. I can't even turn the thing off no matter what button I press for a long time.

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #3,435 of 4,753
No dice. I plugged in an unbalanced 3.5mm jack, and from the webapp, tried both 3.5mm and auto select. No sound still.

This is a weird level of a lack of response. I can't even turn the thing off no matter what button I press for a long time.
Have you tried a reset from the app!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back