The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #3,346 of 4,807
Hey guys, I have a question.

I am using my KLH Ultimate One (zebrawood) with a XINHS 8-Cores Graphene custom 2.5mm cable. It sounds fantastic but I observe that my Qudelix gets warm pretty fast and also it stops playing completely after a little while. So, I power it on, it is fully charged, and after 10 minutes it will stop playing, no sound at all. I did not have this issue with the stock cable, which I admit I have not used much. Also, I have never faced this issue with my Mojo 2. Why is this happening, you think? Isn't the Qudelix powerful enough to drive my KLH? As a source, I am using my smartphone, BT LDAC connection.

KLH specs:

• 50mm Pure Beryllium Driver.
• Headband & Earpads use premium lambskin and top-grade cowhide leathers with dual-layer memory foam for ultimate comfort and maximum durability.
• Solid, Real Zebrawood earcups for eye-catching beauty and acoustic integrity.
• Extremely comfortable and lightweight at only 12 ounces/340grams.
• 32 Ohm impedance
• 97 dB sensitivity
• Frequency response: 18 Hz to 22kHz +/- 3db
• 108 db SPL
• 2 meter detachable, 3.5mm pure silver-litz braided cable (¼” adapter included)
• KLH Branded, hard-sided black leather travel case plus a luxuriously soft velour carry bag.
• 2-year Warranty

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #3,347 of 4,807
Jul 9, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #3,348 of 4,807
I have a feeling your phones aren't balanced, as theres only one 3.5mm TRS input on the headphone end (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

If that's the case, stop using that cable immediately. You are shorting something out by using the 2.5mm balanced out with a single-ended cable.
OMG, what?! :O
Are you sure?!

When I've ordered this cable I had a discussion with the guy from XINHS and I gave him all the specifications of the KLH and the Qudelix. I asked him specifically IF he can make a custom 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable, to connect it! He said, yes it can be done! That is what he said! What!? Are you sure, man?

I've messaged XINHS and I am awaiting for their reply.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #3,349 of 4,807
1657368069979.png

Screenshot from this Qudelix info document.

If your headphones are not wired up to accept a balanced input, it will damage the amplifier.

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #3,350 of 4,807

Screenshot from this Qudelix info document.

If your headphones are not wired up to accept a balanced input, it will damage the amplifier.
Wow...................

Please, tell me, will a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable be OK? Will this be appropriate>? To connect these headphone with my Qudelix?

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #3,352 of 4,807
Any 3.5mm cable will be fine. The only problem is using the 2.5mm balanced output with single ended cables/gear.
Thank you.

I have asked for a replacement, free of charge, and he agreed to send me the same cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm connectors. I paid just $5 because it could not happen otherwise. The guy apologized and told me that he doesn't have much experience from players. He just follows customer's orders. On the other hand, myself does not have any experience with cables and connectors, so I asked the manufacturer. All good now, matter resolved. Whoever would wish to order a XINHS cable, as they are amazing, make sure you know exactly what you want/what's appropriate. Do not expect to resolve queries.

I'm happy my Qudelix protected me and still works perfectly! Listening right now with another 4-core-graphene 2.5mm cable and my 7Hz Timeless :)

PS: to be absolutely fair, here's their reply on this matter:
I'm not sure about such a thing, as there are a lot of comments about it, some people say it will cause a short circuit in the cable, causing the cable to be unbalanced, but some people say it doesn't affect the use of the amplifier.

PPS: Next time I'll do my research better.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #3,353 of 4,807
I have a feeling your phones aren't balanced, as theres only one 3.5mm TRS input on the headphone end (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

If that's the case, stop using that cable immediately. You are shorting something out by using the 2.5mm balanced out with a single-ended cable.

I agree. It looks like the cable is only 3 pole (TRS) at the headphone end.

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #3,354 of 4,807
PS: to be absolutely fair, here's their reply on this matter:
I'm not sure about such a thing, as there are a lot of comments about it, some people say it will cause a short circuit in the cable, causing the cable to be unbalanced, but some people say it doesn't affect the use of the amplifier.

I’m no expert, so ‘short circuit’ might be the wrong way to describe it, but Qudelix staff, when this came up over on their forum, said “You can't use the (2.5mm to 3.5mm) adapter. It will damage the 5K Amplifier.”

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #3,355 of 4,807
I’m no expert, so ‘short circuit’ might be the wrong way to describe it, but Qudelix staff, when this came up over on their forum, said “You can't use the (2.5mm to 3.5mm) adapter. It will damage the 5K Amplifier.”
Yeah... Phew, I hope I haven't done any harm to my 5K! I mean, it plays fine and it functions well, I haven't checked all the features but it plays fine. I got really lucky!!

The difference between this graphene cable and the stock is very big, I can hear it. The treble becomes alive and crystal clear. The base is immense throughout the low frequency spectrum. The soundstage is unbelievable. When it comes to the base and the soundstage, they were very present with the stock cable but with the graphene they are on a different level. My only [slightly] negative comment for the KLH has to do with its V frequency shape but this depends from the genre and the source. I do not use any kind of EQ. With some slight PEQ settings this can be corrected.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #3,357 of 4,807
Wow...................

Please, tell me, will a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable be OK? Will this be appropriate>? To connect these headphone with my Qudelix?

Any 3.5mm cable will be fine. The only problem is using the 2.5mm balanced output with single ended cables/gear.

This was a good cautionary tale!

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #3,358 of 4,807
This was a good cautionary tale!
I am grateful to my Good Luck I got away with it! Looking forward now to my new XINHS graphene cable, 3.5mm on both sides, to listen to my KLH again.

One question for whoever would like to help. Can you suggest a couple of PEQ setting to reshape the deep V shape of the KLH Ultimate One, please? To bring forward the mids a tiny bit.

I have never used PEQ, didn't need to.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #3,360 of 4,807

Users who are viewing this thread

Back