The Qudelix-5K thread
May 11, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #3,166 of 4,906
I just ordered one of these off Amazon Australia & I have been searching for information on what cable I would need to connect my astell&kern sp1000m to the Qudelix 5k but can't seem to find anything.
Can anyone confirm what cable I would need & weather or not one will be supplied with the kit. Thanks in advance for any help.
I assume you want to use SP1000M as an external DAC for Q5K? Don't think Q5K supports external DACs, but if it dodx, you probably would need a Type C OTG cable.
Maybe you should ask Quedelix support.

May 11, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,167 of 4,906
I just ordered one of these off Amazon Australia & I have been searching for information on what cable I would need to connect my astell&kern sp1000m to the Qudelix 5k but can't seem to find anything.
Can anyone confirm what cable I would need & weather or not one will be supplied with the kit. Thanks in advance for any help.

I assume you want to use SP1000M as an external DAC for Q5K? Don't think Q5K supports external DACs, but if it dodx, you probably would need a Type C OTG cable.
Maybe you should ask Quedelix support.
The Qudelix 5K is usually used as the external DAC. I agree with @BenF - I don't think the Qudelix 5K supports USB audio output. The main use case for me is using my wired headphones or IEMs wirelessly via Bluetooth (music streamed from my phone), although it can double as an external USB DAC when needed. You could also connect the analog audio outputs to an external amp (e.g. if you want to stream music to speakers or add Bluetooth to another HP amp).

May 11, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #3,168 of 4,906

I imagine that you would like a LDAC Bluetooth input for your SP1000 like we have with the Sony WM1A&Z for a long time now ?
As A&K just made a new firmware for my Kann Alpha with a brand new LDAC BT receiver too, I imagine it shouldn't be long before SP1000 will get it too ? The Qudelix 5K, won't help you at all for such function, as it can't use any external DAC.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #3,170 of 4,906
The astell&kern sp1000m is a Dap & yes I wish to use the Qudelix 5k with dap & bluetooth at different stages. Thanks.
If you wish to play music from SP1000M to a wired headphone connected to Q5K, you can do that over APTX-HD.

May 11, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #3,171 of 4,906
I am a little confused. Why would you want to use the Q5K with the A&K SP1KM in a wired configuration? It seems odd to use a multi-thousand dollar DAP purely as a transport, and output from the Q5K…. I love my Q5K, but that seems a bit over the top…. What am I misunderstanding?

May 11, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #3,172 of 4,906
I am a little confused. Why would you want to use the Q5K with the A&K SP1KM in a wired configuration? It seems odd to use a multi-thousand dollar DAP purely as a transport, and output from the Q5K…. I love my Q5K, but that seems a bit over the top…. What am I misunderstanding?
I'm new in the audio game & from what I understand the Qudelix 5k can be used as a wired dac/amp with a dap in line.
I will be mostly using it as a bluetooth device with both my galaxy note9 & my astell&kern but I thought when I get the sony ier-z1r which I have heard takes a fair bit to drive that the Qudelix 5k wired to the astell&kern would be better than the astell&kern alone. I could be completely wrong but no harm in asking.
When someone is completely new to a hobby even the common knowledge has to be learned. Lol

May 11, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #3,173 of 4,906

Maybe he wants PEQ from Q5K???

May 11, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #3,175 of 4,906
I'm new in the audio game & from what I understand the Qudelix 5k can be used as a wired dac/amp with a dap in line.
I will be mostly using it as a bluetooth device with both my galaxy note9 & my astell&kern but I thought when I get the sony ier-z1r which I have heard takes a fair bit to drive that the Qudelix 5k wired to the astell&kern would be better than the astell&kern alone. I could be completely wrong but no harm in asking.
When someone is completely new to a hobby even the common knowledge has to be learned. Lol
I haven’t found the specs for the A&K SP1000M so I cannot compare the output power, but I would be surprised if the Q5K has more power, and very surprised if the SP1000M could not handily drive any IEM.

Having said that, as @rlw6534 mentions you might like to use the Q5K connected to your A&K for the rich GEQ and and PEQ functionality!

No matter what, it sounds like you have some fantastic gear and I hope you get years of enjoyment from it!!

May 11, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #3,176 of 4,906
I haven’t found the specs for the A&K SP1000M so I cannot compare the output power, but I would be surprised if the Q5K has more power, and very surprised if the SP1000M could not handily drive any IEM.

Having said that, as @rlw6534 mentions you might like to use the Q5K connected to your A&K for the rich GEQ and and PEQ functionality!

No matter what, it sounds like you have some fantastic gear and I hope you get years of enjoyment from it!!
Thanks for the reply 🙂

May 15, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3,178 of 4,906
Hello,
I really couldn't find an answer to my question and need someone to help me, is the SQ of qudelix 5k noticably lower than a good dongle like sonata e44, s9 pro .. etc.
Thanks.
Way better than s9 Pro. In fact I better the Sound Quality is at match with Questyle M12. Qudelix 5k is noticeably more neutral, leaving more for EQ, while M12 is smoother and musical.

May 15, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3,179 of 4,906
Hello,
I really couldn't find an answer to my question and need someone to help me, is the SQ of qudelix 5k noticably lower than a good dongle like sonata e44, s9 pro .. etc.
Thanks.
It all depends on your sound preference - some may prefer Q5K, some may prefer some dongle.
If you like clean, very technical sound - you will be happy with Q5K.
If you prefer a more natural approach with fuller notes - FIIO BTR3K would be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back