The Qudelix-5K thread
Apr 22, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #3,151 of 4,753
I understand your point, Mouseman. But in my opinion, for this use case I prefer a DAP.

If you are at home, sitting in the train or a bus, this is fine. If, like me, you're riding a bike, it is uncomfortable to pull out the phone out of a pocket, wake up the screen and change tracks. It could also be dangerous at times...
When mountaineering, as long as I stay on the same folder/album, I can switch tracks blindly, and this is really convenient.
When I was using the Sansa Clip+ I had all of this in a really tiny format; if there was today the same DAP with a seamless BT receiver function, and same battery life it would be even better 😁
Too bad Sansa ditched the Clip+, because without Rockbox, the last iterations were not as user friendly...
But your posts make me more confident for the 5K 😉
I should have mentioned that my Apple Watch is my first stop for control. Skipping tracks, etc.

But yes, I have a HiBy R5 that I also use a lot, but to be honest, my 5K connected via cable or BT gets a lot more use.

Apr 22, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #3,152 of 4,753
Yeah! I love mine to death, even with the crummy buttons. Honestly, once it's turned on, I use the app or my phone for everything. I don't touch the buttons.

I understand your point, Mouseman. But in my opinion, for this use case I prefer a DAP.

If you are at home, sitting in the train or a bus, this is fine. If, like me, you're riding a bike, it is uncomfortable to pull out the phone out of a pocket, wake up the screen and change tracks. It could also be dangerous at times...
When mountaineering, as long as I stay on the same folder/album, I can switch tracks blindly, and this is really convenient.
When I was using the Sansa Clip+ I had all of this in a really tiny format; if there was today the same DAP with a seamless BT receiver function, and same battery life it would be even better 😁
Too bad Sansa ditched the Clip+, because without Rockbox, the last iterations were not as user friendly...
But your posts make me more confident for the 5K 😉

Actually, I mainly use my garmin watch for audio control, which alleviates the issue quite a lot. Even if the 5k buttons were perfect, I'd still find it more convenient to use my watch.

Edit: I didn't see your last post mouseman! Great minds lol!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #3,153 of 4,753
Hi all,

I want something so I can listen to audio from Macbook Pro 14. Have been using Hiby R3 on wifi airplay for ages. Works ok, but does drop out in the flat in weird places. Also, it boots off connection when I'm moving between audio on youtube videos, and boots off with certain players, like VLC. I think airplay uses it and re-syncs with a pretty hefty delay so, it boots off when quick switching as it can't figure out multiple delays- maybe.
Did look at ANC headphones, but, don't really want transmitters next to my brain and they're pretty expensive. I'm only using Soundmagic E10 most of the time for this as they're practical and comfy, have Shure 846 for more serious listening with a Dragonfly Cobalt.
Think a Qudelix will provide a more stable connection via Bluetooth 5? Bit more range? Plays nice with Mac OS? Hiby R3 cuts out about 9M through a wall or 2. But cuts out sometimes in strange ways like in the kitchen only about 4M away.
Cheers me dears,

Will

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #3,158 of 4,753
Just received my Qudelix 5K SABRE 9219C version today. This thing promises.

Just plugged my 64 audio V8s to it unbalanced, love how it drives them even without touching the PEQ. I'm waiting for the balanced cable arrive, but this little thing surprised me for it's power/SQ/form factor. Previous "portable" rig, theorem 720 hahahahahahaha xD.

I had problems using the usb-c port too, but it looks more related to the phone (OP 6) than the 5K, the only way to make it work was opening uapp and then using any other audio source like spotify, amazon or directly from uapp. Now, disabling the "disable usb audio enrouting" option under developer options and activating otg storage makes it work too, but with both options the Qudelix app doesn't show any information under input section, sample rate, code, source... etc, is this normal for usb audio?
IMG_20220425_234629.jpg

IMG_20220425_234751.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #3,160 of 4,753
Owned this thing for a few months now and I feel like it's pretty easily the best audio-related purchase I've made in years. Perfect marriage of fantastic sound quality and features (EQ in particular) and convenience as far as I'm concerned--it's obviously not quite as convenient as a pair of TWS IEMs, but it more than makes up for it with the rest. Finding myself constantly grabbing this and my CA Honeydews when I want to enjoy music instead of my desktop setup, not being tied to my PC or even phone is such a boon. Very excited to dive deeper into the world of IEMs and get some more pairs in the following months thanks to this little device.

If they ever release a follow-up with better buttons and battery life, I'm getting it day one. I just hope they never ditch the retro dadcore clip and look. Almost feels like having a pager clipped on which is just the best.

May 5, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #3,161 of 4,753
Owned this thing for a few months now and I feel like it's pretty easily the best audio-related purchase I've made in years. Perfect marriage of fantastic sound quality and features (EQ in particular) and convenience as far as I'm concerned--it's obviously not quite as convenient as a pair of TWS IEMs, but it more than makes up for it with the rest. Finding myself constantly grabbing this and my CA Honeydews when I want to enjoy music instead of my desktop setup, not being tied to my PC or even phone is such a boon. Very excited to dive deeper into the world of IEMs and get some more pairs in the following months thanks to this little device.

If they ever release a follow-up with better buttons and battery life, I'm getting it day one. I just hope they never ditch the retro dadcore clip and look. Almost feels like having a pager clipped on which is just the best.

Yes I agree!

Next release needs a bit bigger battery, scroll wheel like the Ifi Go Blu, 4.4mm and the latest BT SoC/Dac (LC3/Snapdragon Sound).

But doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, they're still working on that USB dac/amp...

Would also really like a TWS-adapter ala UTWS5 from Qudelix!

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #3,162 of 4,753
Yes I agree!

Next release needs a bit bigger battery, scroll wheel like the Ifi Go Blu, 4.4mm and the latest BT SoC/Dac (LC3/Snapdragon Sound).

But doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, they're still working on that USB dac/amp...

Would also really like a TWS-adapter ala UTWS5 from Qudelix!
I completely agree, 1000% agreed!! I also wish Qudelix would manufacture something like the UTWS5!

May 5, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3,163 of 4,753
I completely agree, 1000% agreed!! I also wish Qudelix would manufacture something like the UTWS5!

Yea, instead they focused time on the OX-Over earphones (I doubt they sold well) and that new 7.1 USB dac/amp/IEM...The latter might be more successful tho, but it still seems like a niche product unlike the 5k and potential TWS-adapter. Sure the T71 is really interesting, but personally I don't see myself using it since I'm not a hardcore gamer and I would never watch a movie on my PC/laptop instead of my huge OLED screen.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #3,164 of 4,753
Hi here,

I just discovered there was a specific thread on this device...
I'm considering the 5K as my main source while commuting, bike riding, mountaineering...
It ticks almost all the boxes for my use; easier track navigation than other "high end" BT adapter/receivers, good battery life, fully customizable...

Until now I've been reluctant to give my 130$ to this company knowing this is more or less the legacy of Radsone and the ES100, because I got two ES100's that became bricks after more or less 1.5 year.
I've just received the UP4; good SQ, stable connection, but the "one knob" navigation is very frustrating, especially track skipping backwards that is a "hit or miss" with multiple-triple clicks :grimacing:plus the App that is completely unusable... I think of returning it...
It seems the 5K came out 2 years ago, so I would like to know if anyone had issues with this device; instabilities, stutter, hiccups while using it, or other problems...
(you can also PM me if you're really happy with it...)

Thanks in advance for your feedback :wink:
I have had mine for about 1.5 years. No hardware issues. I have done 4 firmware updates. The first took 2 tries. Maybe that one contained the "improve firmware update" feature. Three others were smooth, fast and worked first time. I would say the hardest thing is switching between sound sources, but that is mostly a blue tooth problem. I mostly use mine with USB connection to sound source, but bluetooth is still desirable to change settings. If you have only 1 headphone and you are happy with the settings then switching is not a problem.

May 11, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #3,165 of 4,753
I just ordered one of these off Amazon Australia & I have been searching for information on what cable I would need to connect my astell&kern sp1000m to the Qudelix 5k but can't seem to find anything.
Can anyone confirm what cable I would need & weather or not one will be supplied with the kit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back