The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 30, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #1,831 of 4,753
not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I got qudelix 5k connected to iem (not headphone), playing spotify from phone.
Saw people say upgrading source is more important than cable, etc. For iem, what is the next source upgrade? or is qudelix is the best portable source period?
Spotify provide more selection of music choice and picks then others alike. Upgrading hardware source from quedelix is likely a DAP taken portability into consideration. 😊

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,832 of 4,753
you can prioritize better than me! and I am buying used and selling almost all but 3.

Mind to share what are those 3 IEM?

After I got the good result from using HE5LE in 5K balance port. I'm itchi to get balance cable to try my Blon 03 in balance.. I'm curious whether there is 'sound' differences in SE vs balance..

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,833 of 4,753
you can prioritize better than me! and I am buying used and selling almost all but 3.

thanks! i feel like qudelix is good enough for all my iem, but want to confirm

Well you saw my post with Senn 6XX and the K5 drives my AKG553's, Grado SR80's and Easily my SuperLux 668B's so I can assure you the K5 can handle any iem you throw at it :wink: As much as I like the glass and build of my BTR3K the K5 takes it hands down and a nice improvement over my old ES100's.

LZ Heaven.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,834 of 4,753
Mind to share what are those 3 IEM?

After I got the good result from using HE5LE in 5K balance port. I'm itchi to get balance cable to try my Blon 03 in balance.. I'm curious whether there is 'sound' differences in SE vs balance..

Right now keeping U12, Tia trio, and Lz A7. Well I have bqeyz kb1 sitting in office for conference call etc, but I dont count that :p
The 3 lineup will change, just the idea is to keep not too many iem.

Let me know if you can hear difference between SE and balanced!

Well you saw my post with Senn 6XX and the K5 drives my AKG553's, Grado SR80's and Easily my SuperLux 668B's so I can assure you the K5 can handle any iem you throw at it :wink: As much as I like the glass and build of my BTR3K the K5 takes it hands down and a nice improvement over my old ES100's.

Nice! I tried HD 650 and it worked fine too. Was just wondering since I saw dap or amp for thousands $$, and for me this little guy works just fine. I thought it (improvement to higher source) was something that my ear not trained to distinguish.

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,836 of 4,753
I have an AKG N5005 connecting to the 5k and it sounds amazing!

Don't doubt it for a minute as I know the younger sibling sounds excellent with the K5 as well :thumbsup: Plus I was compelled to reply to a fellow Austin-nite:wink:

K5N40.JPG

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,837 of 4,753
Don't doubt it for a minute as I know the younger sibling sounds excellent with the K5 as well :thumbsup: Plus I was compelled to reply to a fellow Austin-nite:wink:

K5N40.JPG
Nice set up you have there. I'm also using the final e-series tips. When the seal is good, the low bass from the N5005 is amazing! Austin is great but not in the winter with the cedar fever;- (

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,839 of 4,753
Nice set up you have there. I'm also using the final e-series tips. When the seal is good, the low bass from the N5005 is amazing! Austin is great but not in the winter with the cedar fever;- (

I hear ya, fortunately I've never had allergies as a matter a fact back when I was still living there I was a lineman for SWB and used to put phones in for houses out in the Hill Country and would toss my string lines thru the trees to hang new service lines and during allergy season I'd come home after being dusted all day long and look like a yellow man! I feel for ya as both my younger sons suffer from allergies (I put this one on mom) :smirk: LOL

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,842 of 4,753
Lucky you! But because of the pandemic, I've been inside so it's not so bad this year. But definitely visit Austin after the pandemic if you haven't in a while. The BBQ could be to die for lol.

Yeah, I've been moved away since 1993 and places like Franklin and so many other food places in general have popped up but the old stand-bys like Magnolia and Kirby lane will be there forever :beerchug:
I come back several times a year as my oldest son and Grandson still live there:wink:

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #1,844 of 4,753
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #1,845 of 4,753
Don't know where to post this, so I'll try here:
Here's my modded balanced K712 running from a Q5K.
Took me a while to find a cable that had the exact same colorway as the OG headphones, as well as a thread to affix the cable to the headband.

The cans are balanced when connected to the 5K, and unbalanced when connected to the mXLR input, thanks to a microswitch that bridges the grounds when the cable is inserted.

Attachments

• _E8A7368-Edit-1.jpg
    _E8A7368-Edit-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • _E8A7373-Edit-1.jpg
    _E8A7373-Edit-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • _E8A7374-Edit-1.jpg
    _E8A7374-Edit-1.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back