The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 12, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #1,621 of 4,750
I read somewhere on Head-fi this weekend that there is some flexibility in Android implementation of AAC by the phone manufacturer. Not so much with other codecs (especially those controlled by QCOM). Or at least that is my understanding.
aac-enhanced-view-fr-609x400.jpg

full source here (online translation required)

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #1,622 of 4,750
I read somewhere on Head-fi this weekend that there is some flexibility in Android implementation of AAC by the phone manufacturer. Not so much with other codecs (especially those controlled by QCOM). Or at least that is my understanding.

Exactly. Luckily AAC is good on Pixel phones. I've had two different OnePlus phones that I used with the 1st gen Samsung Galaxy Buds and they sounded really bad with both OnePlus phones. Bass response didn't sound very clean, and treble got really grainy and digital sounding. Those same 1st gen Galaxy Buds sounded just fine with a Pixel 3a. Right now I have the WF1000xm3 and the Galaxy Buds Live which both use AAC and both sound good with my current Pixel 4a. LDAC and aptx seem to sound the same on every device I've tried. I've used LDAC on like 6 different (transmitting) sources and it always sounds the same.

Pixel phones always miss a few of the less common aptx codecs though like true wireless stereo plus, Low Latency, and adaptive.

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #1,623 of 4,750
aac-enhanced-view-fr-609x400.jpg

full source here (online translation required)

I'd like to see OnePlus phones get measured like this. I bet they fair as badly as the Huawei. I'd also love to see a Pixel phone measured like this because I feel like I'm not missing anything using AAC on Pixel phones.

Oct 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #1,624 of 4,750
I went ahead and ordered my very own 5K thanks to high praise from @peter123

I won't lie, I have heard of various BT receivers and amp/dac units in the past but I have always written them off as a gimmick and felt they didn't have the potential to be my daily listening gear. My trusty and precious FiiO E17K has finally reached end of life and so I am on the hunt for something else to use with my laptop and phone on a daily basis. Though I have much better gears, portability and convenience is high on my list of priorities these days and it is with those factors in mind that I look forward to adding the 5K to my arsenal! Thanks again for the heads up Peter :)
I use it instead of my UAD Apollo X4 which is restricted over 48 KHz. Lossless USB DAC and 990 kbps on the go makes this a great little device.

Oct 12, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #1,625 of 4,750
When I use 2Ghz wifi it will always stuck at 330kbps( Ldac codex),5Ghz wifi will max out at 990kbps Ldac not constantly. Is that source's bitrate dependant?

Anyone have a better constant transmitting using WiFi 6 router and wifi 6 smartphones like Samsung?

Oct 12, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #1,626 of 4,750
When I use 2Ghz wifi it will always stuck at 330kbps( Ldac codex),5Ghz wifi will max out at 990kbps Ldac not constantly. Is that source's bitrate dependant?

Anyone have a better constant transmitting using WiFi 6 router and wifi 6 smartphones like Samsung?

I connect my phone to the 5gh band on my router so I have no issues.

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #1,627 of 4,750
I connect my phone to the 5gh band on my router so I have no issues.
Yes definitely 5Ghz band will yield a better bitrate for 5K. Just wondering if using WiFi 6 router and capable wifi 6 smartphones will yield a better result.

Anyone using cellular 5G network, do you max out 990kbps constantly?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #1,628 of 4,750
When looking at current DAPs, I see that there are now some models other than from HiBy, that include the UAT BT codec (created by HiBy). It has a 192-KHz sample rate, and a 1.2-Mb transmission rate. I haven't seen any comparisons of transmission distance vs rate, for UAT, LDAC, & aptX.
I wonder whether the 5K might have the UAT codec added in a future Firmware update?

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,631 of 4,750
Hi friends! New user here!
Don't know if anyone has seen this already, but the 5k (on Amazon) is now 20% off!
Click the checkbox to see the coupon applied at checkout. I'm finally gonna pull the trigger, unless there's any predictions for a cheaper price in November.

That's a nice price reduction.

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #1,632 of 4,750
Got it, thanks for the heads up!

My mistake. The coupon went away after I ordered it.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #1,633 of 4,750
Hi friends! New user here!
Don't know if anyone has seen this already, but the 5k (on Amazon) is now 20% off!
Click the checkbox to see the coupon applied at checkout. I'm finally gonna pull the trigger, unless there's any predictions for a cheaper price in November.
Ordered! Thank you!

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #1,634 of 4,750
It seems the coupon may already be gone, though Prime Day is about to start.
Just worked for me.

Coupon might not show if you have already bought one. If doesn't show for me anymore when I'm logged in but I did use the coupon.

Screenshot_20201012-231939_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back