The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #1,355 of 4,753
Using the PEQ do you have to input numbers (that’s a PITA) Is there a way to do it onscreen in the app with touch?

(or via an iOS laptop?)

On my Mac I use FabFilter ProQ3 it has an amazing interface (no number typing needed)
Yes,

On the Equalizer screen, tap on the “Options” tab and choose GEQ
or
A hybrid: GEQ for broad strokes, then switch to PEQ, to fine tune and change the Q factor, of a specific setting.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #1,357 of 4,753
Yes,

On the Equalizer screen, tap on the “Options” tab and choose GEQ
or
A hybrid: GEQ for broad strokes, then switch to PEQ, to fine tune and change the Q factor, of a specific setting.

Brilliant. I haven't thought of doing it this way i.e. broad strokes with GEQ and then fine tuning with PEQ.

With Leds set to Normal (any brightness value), niether led blinks.
Please advice (FW 1.32]

Mine doesn't blink either. It only blink rapidly when I turn them on. Once the 5K is connected to my phone's BT, the LEDs go off. I think it's supposed to be that way...maybe?

Sep 13, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #1,358 of 4,753
Brilliant. I haven't thought of doing it this way i.e. broad strokes with GEQ and then fine tuning with PEQ.

Mine doesn't blink either. It only blink rapidly when I turn them on. Once the 5K is connected to my phone's BT, the LEDs go off. I think it's supposed to be that way...maybe?
That’s the way my LEDs behave as well.

Sep 13, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,359 of 4,753
It should. Android supports it.

Oh good cos I think I read somewhere (no idea where or when, so maybe I imagined it) that different Android phones support LDAC at different maximum bit rates. I pray (to no particular deity) that I'm wrong.

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #1,360 of 4,753
Sep 13, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #1,362 of 4,753
Oh good cos I think I read somewhere (no idea where or when, so maybe I imagined it) that different Android phones support LDAC at different maximum bit rates. I pray (to no particular deity) that I'm wrong.
If you already have an Android phone/DAP i think all you have to do is go to the developer settings, select LDAC under Audio codec, and select play back Quality and you should be able to see what your phone supports. I don’t think that you need to be connected to any LDAC capable devices to check this - at least I don’t need to on my LG v30.

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #1,363 of 4,753
I've got about 20 hours on this and wanted to give more impressions. I really like this unit. Every device has pluses and minuses, but comparing to the ES100 and the BTR5, I like this the best. I have been experimenting with the PEQ and that really has an impact...very cool.

I have noticed an issue that I can replicate all the time. If I have the device paired with my phone and computer and am listening from my computer, the music will stop for a second and then come back at very low volume if I pick up my phone and begin texting. What I think is happening is turning on the screen on the second paired device (the phone) is causing the device to hiccup.

Lastly, if i was doing a wish list, I would love to have just two controls...a sliding POWER SWITCH like on the QC35 and a volume rocker. I really hate holding down buttons when I switch would be so easy and definitive.

For just over $100, I think this is a great deal. This and some headphones is all you need to enjoy great audio.

Sep 13, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #1,364 of 4,753
I've got about 20 hours on this and wanted to give more impressions. I really like this unit. Every device has pluses and minuses, but comparing to the ES100 and the BTR5, I like this the best. I have been experimenting with the PEQ and that really has an impact...very cool.

I have noticed an issue that I can replicate all the time. If I have the device paired with my phone and computer and am listening from my computer, the music will stop for a second and then come back at very low volume if I pick up my phone and begin texting. What I think is happening is turning on the screen on the second paired device (the phone) is causing the device to hiccup.

Lastly, if i was doing a wish list, I would love to have just two controls...a sliding POWER SWITCH like on the QC35 and a volume rocker. I really hate holding down buttons when I switch would be so easy and definitive.

For just over $100, I think this is a great deal. This and some headphones is all you need to enjoy great audio.

I think if your phone is set to "loud" and you unlock it, it will make the sound across the 5K, and thus turning down the volume on the computer to "focus" the sound on the phone. I typically disconnect my phone from my 5K when using it in DAC mode, or you could also silence your phone or uncheck "media volume" in the bluetooth settings of the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back