The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #935 of 4,750
For Amazon HD are you using an Android phone? If so does the App use the DAC now? There was an issue of it only using the phone's DAC but at 24-Bit / 48Hz (I think).

I've tried it on galaxy tab s6 android 10. Galaxy tab s6 doesn't have a headphone jack, it used the 5k just fine for me. I had the 5k set to 48khz in the app which is why it shows that for my device capability.

Screenshot_20200703-032917_Amazon Music.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #937 of 4,750
I am pretty sure Fiio makes one, and with that you should hopefully find a 3rd Party one.

Not sure how flexible it is but if I recall correctly both ends are L-shaped which could be useful.
Thanks, I've found the Fiio cable and if there are no better alternatives I'll go for that :).

I bought this Fiio cable for my BTR5. Fairly flexible, only works in one direction, thought I got a flawed cable
fiio cable
I'm eyeing that cable too, thanks!

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #939 of 4,750
That works when I do it.

It sounds like you need to make sure side tone is disabled under the mic options. The SW is a bit buggy so sometimes I have to turn it on and then back off for it to truly be off. Give it a shot and that whole hearing the cable thing shouldn't be a problem anymore
I don’t mind the side tone- I’m of the generation that grew up on land lines and side tone as a standard feature. I don’t want people on the other end to hear my cable rustling - I’m in group business meetings, and that’s bad form.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #940 of 4,750
For Amazon HD are you using an Android phone? If so does the App use the DAC now? There was an issue of it only using the phone's DAC but at 24-Bit / 48Hz (I think).
Pretty sure that is a limitation of the Android OS and not the Amazon app. Qobuz, on my Android phones, shows the same behaviour with a USB DAC. Luckily we have UAPP for Qobuz/Tidal.

I havent tried again since I posted but is anyone using the 5K with UAPP? Didnt really work for me when I first got it. Hopefully they figured it out. Will have to remember to try again this weekend, although the bluetooth connection with LDAC has been excellent for me.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #941 of 4,750
I don’t mind the side tone- I’m of the generation that grew up on land lines and side tone as a standard feature. I don’t want people on the other end to hear my cable rustling - I’m in group business meetings, and that’s bad form.
I was playing around with this the other day and it seemed like disabling side tone may help reduce background noise. Not sure if I was imagining it. I turned it off just in case since I use IEMs and use only 1 ear when on calls. Noone complained about not being able to hear me though which was a plus.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #943 of 4,750
Finally got my 5k today! Initial impressions are that I'm well, impressed. 😁

I'm by no means a skilled analyzer of audio, and I'm sure there could be some confirmation bias, but I think it sounds noticeably better than the FiiO BTR1K it's replacing, even to my casual ears. From a price and spec standpoint it's not really a fair device to compare the 5k to, but I'd say the 5k is noticeably clearer sounding, with better instrument separation and depth to the sound stage.

More importantly to me, the build quality seems rock solid. I don't think I need to have any fear of breaking the clip, and even more important the connectivity is massively better.

Presumably FiiO screwed the BT antenna or some other design element of the BTR1K because it would drop connection through my body. I tended to keep phone in left pocket and adapter in right, and just bending over to pick something up - especially if I squatted down, audio would cut. I'm definitely not thicc enough to justify that much signal loss between pockets, and since I'm a diyer who's constantly on the move and up and down working on projects, fixing things around the house, I was constantly experiencing audio cuts with the BTR. At first I just clipped it to my pocket above my phone, but 3 months in the clip broke so it had to live in the other pocket and it's been pretty miserable since.

With the 5k, I can set my phone on my desk and walk to my kitchen and maintain connection. Signal is going through ~3/4 walls around a brick fire place and I'm about 70ft away. Of course solid connection between pockets. I am content. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back