The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 23, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #826 of 4,828
Other measurements of the 5K are worse than e.g. the LG G7's measurements which uses the same ES9218P, so I don't think anything can be guaranteed. It would be good to get confirmation of the output impedance from an actual 5K user (or for Qudelix to just publish their measured value themselves).

5K's output impedance for both 3.5mm and 2.5mm output are measured and calculated to be 0.21 ohm.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #828 of 4,828
Thanks, can you link to a source for this? Or is it your own measurement?

Made the measurement and calculated the result myself.

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #829 of 4,828
5K's output impedance for both 3.5mm and 2.5mm output are measured and calculated to be 0.21 ohm.

Thanks for measuribg and posting this. Looks like mine finally made it to NY and is out for delivery today so hopefully I will have it soon.

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #830 of 4,828
I posted the question on qudelix site but there's no response so far. Is there a way to see the battery percentage more clearly? Have to wear my eye glasses to see it. It's dark and deemed.

Received an answer now.
"We'll keep updating the app step by step.
We're planning to add a battery guage in the volume(home) tab. "

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #832 of 4,828
So we have a nice thread here, good! Am using the BTR5 for a while now and I'm wondering if I should get this instead. Let's read back some pages!
Depends what you are looking for. It's not a day and night difference. It sounds different and thé app has potential. I don't regret my purchase, because i like gimmicks, and thé price isn't An arm and a leg.
But if you are just looking at it because you think this is way better than btr5 look elsewhere :wink:

I mostly use them with blon bl03's and i have urbanfun ybf014 on thé way. Also use both only balanced. And sometimes with hd650 and for that i like 5K better because it has more control on ''higher'' volume.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #833 of 4,828
Got mine in the U.K. (any annoyingly also got hit with a £30 charge from fedex for import taxes)

having fun listening to music again and playing with settings, does anyone have any recommendations with regard to “best sounding” settings?

looks like my ES100 might be getting sold or donated to family!

what do you like better about Q5K?

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #834 of 4,828
But if you are just looking at it because you think this is way better than btr5 look elsewhere :wink:
And which IS a way better? Does it exist?

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #835 of 4,828
Finally got my 5K today. Has anyone been able to use this successfully as a USB DAC with Windows 10 or Android (using UAPP)? I have no issues getting it to play music when in USB DAC mode in Windows but the app seems to report the incorrect sample rate half the time (the same track would show 24/96 one time and 24/44.1 or 24/48 when the same track is played again) when listening to Qobuz using exclusive mode. The same thing happened while trying to use UAPP on my Galaxy S9 (via USB), which worked for a little bit but then caused the 5K to restart a bunch of times and now audio comes out of my phone speakers instead of the 5K. Probably a driver issue given how new this thing is but thought I would ask. I have no issues with my Dragonfly Cobalt on Windows 10 or Android 10/UAPP.

First impressions - may be due to the "new toy" factor but I am really glad I bought this. I agree with others that the 5K is an improvement over the ES100, which will go back to my living room to be reattached to my receiver as a (rarely used) bluetooth receiver for my living room system. The ES100 always sounded a little dull and congested to me and I only used it for convenience when travelling (and over the last week in anticipation of the 5K arriving). The 5K sounds more open, has better separation, and is just more enjoyable to listen to for me compared to the ES100. I am using it with my SE846 (single ended) right now and it sounds great with no noticeable hiss (I was a little worried when Qudelix would not post output impedance measurements)..I was going to get the BTR5 if I was not happy with the 5K but I no longer see a need to get the BTR5. Note, I have never heard the BTR5 so I cannot compare them.

I still need to get used to the controls (I kind of wish the pairing and power buttons were reversed and the volume buttons weren't so easy to press) but the build quality feels solid and I prefer the placement of the jacks on top. I have had no issues connecting/reconnecting via bluetooth to my Galaxy S9 (both the phone and the app). Thanks to the discussion here, I remembered you have to pair the phone and app separately, unlike some of my TWS, which just pair to both bluetooth LE and regular bluetooth when you launch the app. I have been working at home so I can't really test connection quality while commuting/walking in NYC but the connection seems rock solid and I can actually listen at the 990k "Optimized for Audio Quality" setting on my Galaxy S9, which did not really work for me without constant stuttering on my ES100. I always blamed my phone for being unable to use LDAC 990 but it seems like it was not my phone after all. This will definitely get more use when I am working and don't want to be physically tethered to my desk.

Back to enjoying my new Qudelix 5K....

Jun 24, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #836 of 4,828
Finally got my 5K today. Has anyone been able to use this successfully as a USB DAC with Windows 10 or Android (using UAPP)? I have no issues getting it to play music when in USB DAC mode in Windows but the app seems to report the incorrect sample rate half the time (the same track would show 24/96 one time and 24/44.1 or 24/48 when the same track is played again) when listening to Qobuz using exclusive mode. The same thing happened while trying to use UAPP on my Galaxy S9 (via USB), which worked for a little bit but then caused the 5K to restart a bunch of times and now audio comes out of my phone speakers instead of the 5K. Probably a driver issue given how new this thing is but thought I would ask. I have no issues with my Dragonfly Cobalt on Windows 10 or Android 10/UAPP.

First impressions - may be due to the "new toy" factor but I am really glad I bought this. I agree with others that the 5K is an improvement over the ES100, which will go back to my living room to be reattached to my receiver as a (rarely used) bluetooth receiver for my living room system. The ES100 always sounded a little dull and congested to me and I only used it for convenience when travelling (and over the last week in anticipation of the 5K arriving). The 5K sounds more open, has better separation, and is just more enjoyable to listen to for me compared to the ES100. I am using it with my SE846 (single ended) right now and it sounds great with no noticeable hiss (I was a little worried when Qudelix would not post output impedance measurements)..I was going to get the BTR5 if I was not happy with the 5K but I no longer see a need to get the BTR5. Note, I have never heard the BTR5 so I cannot compare them.

I still need to get used to the controls (I kind of wish the pairing and power buttons were reversed and the volume buttons weren't so easy to press) but the build quality feels solid and I prefer the placement of the jacks on top. I have had no issues connecting/reconnecting via bluetooth to my Galaxy S9 (both the phone and the app). Thanks to the discussion here, I remembered you have to pair the phone and app separately, unlike some of my TWS, which just pair to both bluetooth LE and regular bluetooth when you launch the app. I have been working at home so I can't really test connection quality while commuting/walking in NYC but the connection seems rock solid and I can actually listen at the 990k "Optimized for Audio Quality" setting on my Galaxy S9, which did not really work for me without constant stuttering on my ES100. I always blamed my phone for being unable to use LDAC 990 but it seems like it was not my phone after all. This will definitely get more use when I am working and don't want to be physically tethered to my desk.

Back to enjoying my new Qudelix 5K....

Welcome to the club!

https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum?p=post/usb-dac-10579761?pid=1311892195 This will interest you.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #838 of 4,828
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #839 of 4,828
Got mine in the UK on Moday. Sounds great with my K245 in unbalanced. The software works great. Can't wait for PEQ! The size and weight is great.

As mentioned previously, the usb is a bit funky. It seems to only work while in bt standby mode and the bt signal takes priority so whenver i unlock the phone with usb connected, the signal switches over to bt and usb audio cuts out for the phone unlocking sound. Very annoying. I wonder how the fw update will be distributed... bt ota via app or usb via pc? Also, I wish there was a pdf users manual.

Other than that, loving it thus far. 'New toy syndrome' and recency bias in full effect!

P.s. i was lucky not to stung with tax! Yay

P.p.s. i'm tempted to try and mod the k245 just to try it balanced... prob overkill tho, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back