The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 14, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #287 of 4,828
I see, what do the 2 and 3 after Jan4 mean? And why are those results so different to the UP4 Jan4 results?

It was measured 3 times, thus 3 result. The first result was particularly good, which I can't repeat subsequently on the next 2 measurements. I think the last 2 result are probably closer to real world use, but all 3 measurements result are included for reader to make up their own mind. This is why I also include BTR5 result in, as a reference that the difference isn't caused by the measuring process as BTR5 is very consistent under the same condition.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #288 of 4,828
It was measured 3 times, thus 3 result. The first result was particularly good, which I can't repeat subsequently on the next 2 measurements. I think the last 2 result are probably closer to real world use, but all 3 measurements result are included for reader to make up their own mind. This is why I also include BTR5 result in, as a reference that the difference isn't caused by the measuring process as BTR5 is very consistent under the same condition.

The results are so different it can't be down to random fluctuations. Must be something seriously wrong with the firmware. But even the 'good' result is poor compared to the BTR5. Hopefully the Qudelix 5K will have better implementation of the DAC/amp. That's if it ever comes out, the developer hasn't replied on his website's forum in nearly two months now...

Out of interest, could you take some measurements of the ES100 with the same system you measured the other BT adapters with? As that was made by the same developer of the Qudelix 5K, before he created his own company. That might give us an idea of how good his general implementation is.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #289 of 4,828
The results are so different it can't be down to random fluctuations. Must be something seriously wrong with the firmware. But even the 'good' result is poor compared to the BTR5. Hopefully the Qudelix 5K will have better implementation of the DAC/amp. That's if it ever comes out, the developer hasn't replied on his website's forum in nearly two months now...

Out of interest, could you take some measurements of the ES100? As that was made by the same developer of the Qudelix 5K, before he created his own company. That might give us an idea of how good his general implementation is.

I have measured ES100 in the past, don't think I have saved the result since I didn't detect any problem. It isn't as good as BTR5 but it is still fairly good overall.

RMAA in itself isn't good at telling how good something is, but it does reveal problem easily.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #290 of 4,828
I have measured ES100 in the past, don't think I have saved the result since I didn't detect any problem. It isn't as good as BTR5 but it is still fairly good overall.

RMAA in itself isn't good at telling how good something is, but it does reveal problem easily.

That's a shame it didn't measure as well as the BTR5, but maybe that's just down to the limits of the DAC. Hopefully the Qudelix 5K will be better (again, if it even gets released, I have some serious doubts it will...)

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #291 of 4,828
That's a shame it didn't measure as well as the BTR5, but maybe that's just down to the limits of the DAC. Hopefully the Qudelix 5K will be better (again, if it even gets released, I have some serious doubts it will...)

On what are you basing those doubts, did I miss anything?

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #293 of 4,828
As I said in a previous post, the developer hasn't replied to questions on his own website's forum or Facebook page in nearly two months. Not a good sign...

Fwiw I last talked to him right before Christmas and at that time he confirmed that they're on schedule for a late March/early April release, hopefully that's still correct.

I think it's fair to assume that a small and new company will put priority to getting their product on the market over answering questions on a forum but time will show.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #294 of 4,828
Fwiw I last talked to him right before Christmas and at that time he confirmed that they're on schedule for a late March/early April release, hopefully that's still correct.

I think it's fair to assume that a small and new company will put priority to getting their product on the market over answering questions on a forum but time will show.
Good to hear but a new company also got to hype the crowd for there product and dont let everybody think its death

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #295 of 4,828

I hope you're right. It just seems odd that he was answering all questions online then suddenly stopped without any public explanation or update on the project for that long.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #296 of 4,828
Good to hear but a new company also got to hype the crowd for there product and dont let everybody think its death

But it's only 24 hours in a day :wink:

No jk, I agree with you but I've got no idea how many employees Quedelix have. If it's a one or two person operation I can understand it but it's not ideal.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #297 of 4,828
But it's only 24 hours in a day :wink:

No jk, I agree with you but I've got no idea how many employees Quedelix have. If it's a one or two person operation I can understand it but it's not ideal.

Of course but the threads on the qudelix forum went from "when can we purchase when will kickstarter begin" to "is he dead maybe he had an acident i dont dont know if i should crowdfind it when he gives months no sign" you know. I think the problem is that he was to aktiv in his forum and now nothing

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #300 of 4,828
also a quote from author on FB page if someone didnt get it
The sound, as well as the measured performance, is much better than expected. Accurate and crystal clear. We would get what you couldn't hear before.
, I bet he knows about measurements too ..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back