The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,441 of 4,830
Looks like two different usage profiles (perhaps different IEMs, volume leves?). Your first two draw downs would indicate ~460 minutes (simply apply straight edge to the lines on the chart). The last draw down was much more gradual - 1/3 drain in 300 minutes, so ~900 minutes for full draw down.

Mine isn't draining at a linear rate.
Screenshot_20200921-195908.png

This is performance at 1v, volume is between -30 to -40, using LDAC at 24/96 990kbps, and using the PEQ. I'm assuming the PEQ must consume some battery since it doesn't look like I'm going to the the 13.85 hours they claim with my current settings. I'm thinking I'm going to get 11, maybe 11 and a half hours at this rate.

I'm also curious why it didn't charge to 100%.

2 hours later:
Screenshot_20200921-215637.png

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,442 of 4,830
Mine isn't draining at a linear rate.

This is performance at 1v, volume is between -30 to -40, using LDAC at 24/96 990kbps, and using the PEQ. I'm assuming the PEQ must consume some battery since it doesn't look like I'm going to the the 13.85 hours they claim with my current settings. I'm thinking I'm going to get 11, maybe 11 and a half hours at this rate.

I'm also curious why it didn't charge to 100%.
The not charging to 100% on your graph was what got my attention...

As to the lack of linear power draw, you had this going for almost 10 hours... During that time you didn’t switch IEMs or volume, or codecs? Those would change the discharge profile...

By the way, 10 hours (~440 minutes to ~1020 minutes) is nothing to sneeze at given you neither were charged to 100% nor discharged to 0%, so from 100% to 0% ought to give you pretty decent playing time...

Now if we could figure out why you are not charging to 100%... try draining to 0% and then charging all the way up (just leave it charging overnight)... maybe will help.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #1,443 of 4,830

As to the lack of linear power draw, you had this going for almost 10 hours (~440 minutes to ~1020 minutes) and you neither were charged to 100% nor discharged to 0%, so from 100% to 0% ought to give you pretty decent playing time...

now if we could figure out why you are not charging to 100%... try draining to 0% and then charging all the way up (just leave it charging overnight)... maybe will help.

I'm at about 11.5 hours right now. I plan to kill it then recharge it overnight and hopefully it goes to 100%. If not I guess I may have to contact Qudelix and see what's up.

12 hours of battery life is fine by me, but I was expecting closer to 14 but I can imagine using the PEQ means it's using more processing power. But it's not like I can't charge it for 2 hours every few days.

I'm at 1% now....

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #1,444 of 4,830

As to the lack of linear power draw, you had this going for almost 10 hours... During that time you didn’t switch IEMs or volume, or codecs? Those would change the discharge profile...

By the way, 10 hours (~440 minutes to ~1020 minutes) is nothing to sneeze at given you neither were charged to 100% nor discharged to 0%, so from 100% to 0% ought to give you pretty decent playing time...

Now if we could figure out why you are not charging to 100%... try draining to 0% and then charging all the way up (just leave it charging overnight)... maybe will help.
Re' 100% charge, I nearly always find that several full battery cycles are required for new devices to calibrate the battery charge reading accurately. With cell phones at least. I bet it stabilises and starts reading better soon.
Several devices that I own fail to report a full 100% every time I fully charge them, but they do usually get to 98-99%. I don't think we're actually missing any capacity here, just not getting a totally accurate read of the charge state.

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #1,445 of 4,830
Re' 100% charge, I nearly always find that several full battery cycles are required for new devices to calibrate the battery charge reading accurately. With cell phones at least. I bet it stabilises and starts reading better soon.
Several devices that I own fail to report a full 100% every time I fully charge them, but they do usually get to 98-99%. I don't think we're actually missing any capacity here, just not getting a totally accurate read of the charge state.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Just not calibrated correctly(yet). I'm still at 1%, 3.516 volts.

Edit: finally died, charging now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #1,446 of 4,830
Very likely, though I haven’t myself experienced that...

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,448 of 4,830
Are you using the 2.5mm balanced connector?

No. The headphone I'm using it with isn't balanced. Just the performance setting on 1 volt. 990 LDAC

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #1,450 of 4,830
Yes that's strange should get at least 15-16hrs. I've just swap to 3.5mm and see how it goes. On 2.5mm I could get 10hrs

Should be 13.85.
Screenshot_20200921-224802.png

I'd imagine this depends on what IEM's or headphone you're using and how loud you listen, and I use the PEQ as well which has got to use some extra processing power as well. 12 hours is understandable to me. I'm using a full size headphone, but an efficient one, at about -35 on the volume control.

Let's just guess that the PEQ uses an hour of battery, that puts it at 12.85 hours, and I just got 12.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,452 of 4,830
It got a little closer to 100. Still only about 96%.
Screenshot_20200922-092134.png

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #1,453 of 4,830
Qudelix is telling me it may be faulty and to get it replaced. I emailed them and they're extremely quick to answer back and forth. They are telling me that my graphs don't look normal.

Does everyone else's charge all the way to 100% every time?

I'm not so worried about the final 4% affecting my overall battery life, I'm more worried that the battery itself is just not a good battery and that I'll always have worse results than I'm supposed to. I filed the exchange through Amazon like Qudelix suggested. I really didn't expect them to tell me so quickly to exchange it, but they said my graphs don't look normal and suggested to replace it. So I did what they asked as they should know the product better than me.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,454 of 4,830
Qudelix is telling me it may be faulty and to get it replaced. I emailed them and they're extremely quick to answer back and forth. They are telling me that my graphs don't look normal.

Does everyone else's charge all the way to 100% every time?

I'm not so worried about the final 4% affecting my overall battery life, I'm more worried that the battery itself is just not a good battery and that I'll always have worse results than I'm supposed to. I filed the exchange through Amazon like Qudelix suggested. I really didn't expect them to tell me so quickly to exchange it, but they said my graphs don't look normal and suggested to replace it. So I did what they asked as they should know the product better than me.

Mine usually says 100% when I connect it after charging. I usually test this as soon as I get it because I have had TWS before that had the same issue and it was usually defective.

All this talk about battery life got me curious so I started playing music on mine using the unbalanced output at 12:10am and am currently at 7% 11 hours later (usually get 6-7 hours balanced). Will update once it finally runs out of juice.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #1,455 of 4,830
Mine usually says 100% when I connect it after charging. I usually test this as soon as I get it because I have had TWS before that had the same issue and it was usually defective.

All this talk about battery life got me curious so I started playing music on mine using the unbalanced output at 12:10am and am currently at 7% 11 hours later (usually get 6-7 hours balanced). Will update once it finally runs out of juice.

Post your graph and settings and codec and all please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back