The Qudelix-5K thread
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #4,666 of 4,750
I have my phone connected to qudelix but when i fiddle with the Eq the sound doesn't change, at all. What step or setting am i missing here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240316_144056_Qudelix.jpg
    Screenshot_20240316_144056_Qudelix.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #4,668 of 4,750
I have my phone connected to qudelix but when i fiddle with the Eq the sound doesn't change, at all. What step or setting am i missing here?
Not sure what’s wrong… I entered your EQ, and the difference between this:
IMG_1401.jpeg

...and that:
IMG_1402.jpeg

…is very audible! :ksc75smile:

Have you tried plugged to a PC with the Chrome extension?

EDIT: Oops, I just see you were using the 20-band GEQ. I tried your EQ (up to 710Hz), and same conclusion: easily audible…. The -6db Headroom by itself has a significant impact.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #4,669 of 4,750
When you say "connected," how do you mean? Bluetooth or USB cable? And how connected to your headphones/IEMs? SE or balanced?

When you say that you "fiddle with" it and "the sound doesn't change," do you mean you're directly A/Bing it by toggling it on and off? Or are you comparing it in some other way?

Also, what player are you using on your phone? Does your player have any DSP/EQ of its own that it's applying?

And if you haven't already, reboot both the Qudelix and your phone, and delete and redownload the app.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #4,670 of 4,750
When you say "connected," how do you mean? Bluetooth or USB cable? And how connected to your headphones/IEMs? SE or balanced?

When you say that you "fiddle with" it and "the sound doesn't change," do you mean you're directly A/Bing it by toggling it on and off? Or are you comparing it in some other way?

Also, what player are you using on your phone? Does your player have any DSP/EQ of its own that it's applying?

And if you haven't already, reboot both the Qudelix and your phone, and delete and redownload the app.
Connected by bluetooth. Yeah i toggle, sweep the bands up and down (which should be very audible, and is with any other EQ i've ever used), disconnect from Bluetooth altogether. No difference, and believe me i notice small differences. Actually that's not true - i can tell a difference when the Qudelix is connected vs not connected. But the EQ itself doesn't seem to be applying, it's just a general difference in clarity or something.

. I'm not using any player with my phone. (Samsung)
I can try rebooting it, but it's newly installed. It's very possible i'm missing something obvious here, i'm not technically minded.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #4,671 of 4,750
I'm not using any player with my phone. (Samsung)
Sorry, by "player" I mean playback software on your phone. What app are you using to play/stream music?

EDIT: Also, I just tried out your EQ settings. Depending on the track, your EQ might be making only a subtle difference (you're boosting the lower midrange). It might be working, but because of what you're listening to, you might not notice much difference. I would try a more extreme cut or shelf (not a boost) in an area where you might notice it better. Easier still, set the headroom to -20 or something (just be sure to set your reference listening volume with EQ off!).

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #4,672 of 4,750
trying to apply 3.03 firmware on android first then on windows via USB. It seems to be getting stuck at rebooting over and over again. As of typing in this latest attempt I'm at around 10 mins of waiting for the reboot to complete (which has never happened on previous updates).

Anyone else experiencing the same or otherwise have any suggestions? is this particular update supposed to take this long to be applied?

EDIT - of course now it decides to update fine after over an hour of trying and then making a public muppet of myself which such a noob question.... carry on...

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #4,675 of 4,750
Question on the Qudelix 5K. I want to try this as a DAC from my PC. Feeding a Drop + SMSL HO150X amp balanced amp. The connection from the 5K would go into the rear panel XLR's correct?

I suppose I would need a 2.2mm to stereo XLR balanced cable to feed the amp. Where can I get such a thing? Google searches I come up with just headphone cables.

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #4,676 of 4,750
Question on the Qudelix 5K. I want to try this as a DAC from my PC. Feeding a Drop + SMSL HO150X amp balanced amp. The connection from the 5K would go into the rear panel XLR's correct?

I suppose I would need a 2.2mm to stereo XLR balanced cable to feed the amp. Where can I get such a thing? Google searches I come up with just headphone cables.
You make your own, but, you will need some soldering skills and kit for this, nothing fancy, just basic soldering tools and a bit of practice if you have none.
Depending on your budget, get an USB-C soldering iron like the Miniware TS80P or something more fancy like a soldering station, some flux, leaded tin and most important don't breathe in the fumes.

Alternative, find someone to make the cable for you, many Aliexpress stores take custom orders.

Is your XLR input 4-pin?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #4,677 of 4,750
trying to apply 3.03 firmware on android first then on windows via USB. It seems to be getting stuck at rebooting over and over again. As of typing in this latest attempt I'm at around 10 mins of waiting for the reboot to complete (which has never happened on previous updates).

Anyone else experiencing the same or otherwise have any suggestions? is this particular update supposed to take this long to be applied?

EDIT - of course now it decides to update fine after over an hour of trying and then making a public muppet of myself which such a noob question.... carry on...
I've been lucky to never have this much trouble but I've never (not once) gotten the 5K to update with Android (over BT or wired USB). I assume it must work for someone since it's an option, but it might as well not exist for me given its 100% failure rate. But I don't use the 5K with my laptop or computer, really, so I'm always tempted to just try and update it with my phone for simplicity sake. Hasn't done me any good though!

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #4,678 of 4,750
You make your own, but, you will need some soldering skills and kit for this, nothing fancy, just basic soldering tools and a bit of practice if you have none.
Depending on your budget, get an USB-C soldering iron like the Miniware TS80P or something more fancy like a soldering station, some flux, leaded tin and most important don't breathe in the fumes.

Alternative, find someone to make the cable for you, many Aliexpress stores take custom orders.

Is your XLR input 4-pin?
No, two 3pin XLR's on the rear of the unit. https://drop.com/buy/drop-smsl-ho150x

Oh boy, my soldering skills are nil. I have a friend who is real good at it, though. Any link to plans on how to wire this up? Bill of materials, etc.

Really appreciate the help and quick reply!

Mar 24, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #4,679 of 4,750
No, two 3pin XLR's on the rear of the unit. https://drop.com/buy/drop-smsl-ho150x

Oh boy, my soldering skills are nil. I have a friend who is real good at it, though. Any link to plans on how to wire this up? Bill of materials, etc.

3 pin XLR may not be balanced, so triple check your amp specs before you do anything (or, if it's double XLR I may be wrong).

In terms of BOM you would need:
  • 2.5mm connector
  • 4 wires or 4-wire cable of your preferred length
  • XLR connector (or 2 x XLR if the amp has double XLR input)
Google 3.5mm pinout, solder the wires accordingly and then ensure the wiring on the 2.5mm side is corresponding to what the AMP expects, i.e. L+ to L+, L- to L-, etc. It's a trivial job for anyone with decent soldering skills.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #4,680 of 4,750

Not an XLR expert, but a quick search found these on ebay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/175486014132 And this https://www.ebay.com/itm/276358419200.
I would guess that one of these might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back