The Qudelix-5K thread
Mar 16, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #3,031 of 4,906
i have been really enjoying the 5K; the customizations are AMAZING! and sound is really good too.
Similar experience here, will be buying a 2nd one next week. Sadly, it has made fancy paperweights to all my other newer portable DAC/AMP's that were much more expensive than Qudelix-5K. Will keep my other portable DAC/Amp's since they're still relatively new hoping they can catch up with Qudelik. I wish, would've bought the 5K first but it was sold out everywhere.

Mar 16, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #3,032 of 4,906
Similar experience here, will be buying a 2nd one next week. Sadly, it has made fancy paperweights to all my other newer portable DAC/AMP's that were much more expensive than Qudelix-5K. Will keep my other portable DAC/Amp's since they're still relatively new hoping they can catch up with Qudelik. I wish, would've bought the 5K first but it was sold out everywhere.
same here. i was so excited to finally get the Cayin RU6 and i have barely used it. the 5k makes the IER Z1R shine. love the playback controls and how you can customize different functions with button pushes. i do have a PEQ set for the Z1R that i like, but i have really enjoyed it lately with no PEQ.

the 5k also has eclipsed the FiiO UTWS5 in terms of audio and mic quality. i will say that the transparency/mic passthrough on the 5k is not at the same level as the UTWS5 tho. i was super surprised that i have been using my AirPod Pros more than anything; they seem to offer the best compromise of portability, transparency functionality (which is something i require), sound, and mic quality

i guess its just different tools for different listening situations, but i find myself reaching for the 5k before the UTWS5.

Mar 16, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #3,033 of 4,906
What’s the latest firmware version? Mine hasn’t updated since January and before that it seemed like it was updating quite often.

Mar 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #3,034 of 4,906
The MKII sounds great with everything I pair it with. A very enjoyable IEM that doesn't color the music, it reproduces it very neutrally (which some find boring, but I enjoy them a lot).
Do they need burn-in time, and if so, how much? Have you changed tips and cable or are the default ones the best choice?

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #3,035 of 4,906
Do they need burn-in time, and if so, how much? Have you changed tips and cable or are the default ones the best choice?
I am the 3rd owner of my personal MKII, so I'm not sure about burn in. I am using the default cable (which is great) and Final E tips.

Mar 17, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #3,037 of 4,906
Anyone who upgraded from ES100 MKII, is there really significant sound quality jump, considering I don't care about EQ part?
I still own both ... SQ jump is not really significant without PEQ, I prefer to use the Qudelix 5K over ES100MKII or iFi Go Blu, mainly because there is no background hiss at low volume level (ES100 MKII has no Hiss too) and there is a PEQ to improve a bit my Xelento or IE900.
But as now we can get system level EQ with most of new DAPs (PowerampEQ or Wavelet), it's better not to use the PEQ of the Quedlix to improve battery life over 5 hours to reach 7 hours.

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,038 of 4,906
deleted

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #3,039 of 4,906
Anyone who upgraded from ES100 MKII, is there really significant sound quality jump, considering I don't care about EQ part?
I find the Qudelix noticeably cleaner, more resolving. It’s probably the DAC that’s more advanced. They are rated the same for power output, which is enormous, almost absurd relative to the size and weight of these dongles. You may like the slight veil of the ES100 better, it pairs well with bright gear, but the 5K seems superior to me and it is perfectly capable of sounding full and heavy with the right pair-up.

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #3,040 of 4,906
I got my 5k about a month ago, and while I'm enjoying it enormously (particularly the PEQ on my P1+ via 2.5mm cable) are there any tips you can recommend for me to get even more out of the unit?

I feel I might still be missing out on its true potential.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #3,041 of 4,906
I have no issues with Qudelix-5K battery since I use it as a dedicated USB/DAC from my tiny Radxa Zero2 ARM SBC which has a similar size as Raspberry Pi Zero2W but 5 times more powerful and only consumes 10W(5V2A).
Only when I need to go into quiet mode, I use my fav TWS earbuds, Sony WF-1000XM4 and Sennheiser Momentum2 from the great Fiio BTA30 Pro also connected to my Zero2 ARM SBC.

My Qudelix-5K drives my overkill EV ZLX-12BT active powered speakers like a champ via 2.5mm to Dual XLR with a cleaner audio output and no hiss, audio quality is superior to all my other portable DAC/Amp's, I own 5 in total.

I also tested Qudelix-5K 2.5mm and 3.5mm outputs with KRK RP5 Rokit 5 G4 powered studio monitors, Roland CM-30 Cube monitors and Soundcore Motion+ speaker.

I'm not implying my setup around 5K is preferably over a quality desktop USB/DAC but it's what I currently have and I need a PEQ/DSP that runs on Linux since I use TwisterOS(Ubuntu 20.04 based) from my tiny (65 x 30 mm) Radxa Zero2.

Will probably venture in the next few months to get upcoming T71 which has some impressive features with some outrighteous retail price, I don't know what they were thinking. Qudelix is well known for its high quality and affordable audio devices, T71 totally changes that.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #3,042 of 4,906
I own both, and I wouldn't say that there is a sound quality jump, it more of a different presentation.
5K sounds more clinical, ES100 is more musical (although not as musical as BTR3K).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back