The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 9, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,476 of 4,753
Just wondering your line 10 PEQ setting?
The what now? :)
[Edit] Oh now i get it. The settings 9 and 10 i don't use at all. [/Edit]

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,477 of 4,753
Received the new Qudelix iem crossover proof-of-concept. Reminds me of the Sony mh750. Good vocals with a satisfying punchy slow/wet bass.

With the ability to turn it into a mh755 depending in the settings.

There is a small amount of driver flex until you figure out how to put them on.

Low Gain option seems to be tied to vocals. And bass loudness.

High Gain seems to add air/Cymbal presence. Sibilance when maxed out on some bad tracks. And oddly adds some satisfying character to the bass.

Can't decide how to set this up. I thought we would be able shift where the bass driver starts and where the treble dd begins. But it seems more about powering things louder/quieter

Would be interesting if you could use this to drive EST drivers louder than the rest of the drivers in a hybrid setup. Since Sonion electrets are so quiet
You probably know this/figured it out but you are wearing them the wrong way. I'm not talking about the over ear picture but the other one cable down is in the wrong ear. The little notch is supposed to latch inside your ear and its pointing outwards in the picture :)

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #2,478 of 4,753
You probably know this/figured it out but you are wearing them the wrong way. I'm not talking about the over ear picture but the other one cable down is in the wrong ear. The little notch is supposed to latch inside your ear and its pointing outwards in the picture :)

yeah, I wish they had a marking at the beginning. Took a good moment to figure out which was left/right.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #2,479 of 4,753
I've been listening to Qx -Over for a couple of days and today got my IMR Aten (the first edition) back on. Guess what? These bass canons lost the bass as compared with the Qx-Over. I would never believe that.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #2,480 of 4,753
Quick listening notes on the QX-over:
- It seals really well and easily, sometimes to a level of discomfort
- Good fit, nice and lightweight
- With factory settings and no EQ, they are very, very bassy. It sounds like it is focused in the sub-bass region, but the mid-bass is in no way lacking
- The massive sub-bass doesn't muddy up the mids too much like the BL-03 did to me. According to the graph in that Korean forum, there is a notch at 200hz, which I believe helps separate the bass and mids
- The bass just dominates the sound signature. It's a little loose/slow, but maintains a level of control that keeps it pleasurable, although its brain-rattling nature on some tracks can undoubtedly be fatiguing
- Male and female vocals sound good, although they are a bit pushed back. Tracks with intimate vocals still show some detail and texture, but overall, the vocals and mids in general feel more thick, weighty, and smooth
- The bass creates a bit of a veil and affects overall resolution, but I don't think it's bad for a $30 set
- Treble seems to have good air and detail, I haven't been bothered by any sibilance
- Technical ability (layering, imaging, soundstage, etc) seem average. Not bad, but definitely not a standout
- Natural DD timbre is enjoyable
- Overall seems like a fun, warm, V-shaped dynamic. Unbalanced in nature with some "spikes" in the listening experience that make them a little jarring. Too much bass for this listener. They really sometimes sound like they have a great deal of potential with their double dynamic setup and fit, but the bass tuning just needs a little work
- Side-note: I briefly tried the Harman in-ear and oratory EQs in the Korean forum and found their complete lack of bass unenjoyable

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,481 of 4,753
Hi 5k users! Thinking of getting this one or the xduuo xp2 pro, but 5k seems cheaper with an added benefit of EQ. Only downside I'm seeing is the battery life is shorter than the former. Speaking of the battery life, will the 5k restart whenever I unplug it from the charger? It's a killer "feature" of ES100 that's ripping my hair off :sweat_smile:

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #2,482 of 4,753
My
Hi 5k users! Thinking of getting this one or the xduuo xp2 pro, but 5k seems cheaper with an added benefit of EQ. Only downside I'm seeing is the battery life is shorter than the former. Speaking of the battery life, will the 5k restart whenever I unplug it from the charger? It's a killer "feature" of ES100 that's ripping my hair off :sweat_smile:
My 5k doesn't restart when plugging or unplugging from a charger. No audio artifacts at all while listening to music when charging or terminating charging. A number of user menu settings are available to select charging options.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #2,483 of 4,753
That "feature" on the ES100 used to drive me crazy when it would hijack audio or phone calls from my phone. See attached for the power options on the 5K.

You dont need a 5K to download the Qudelix app in case you want to explore. Similar to the ES100, there is no real user manual but they do have descriptions in the app.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-07-12-11-57-47.jpg
    Screenshots_2021-07-12-11-57-47.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #2,484 of 4,753
My

My 5k doesn't restart when plugging or unplugging from a charger. No audio artifacts at all while listening to music when charging or terminating charging. A number of user menu settings are available to select charging options.
It's an option of the Qudelix. I am nearly sure it's set by default, but very easy to avoid those stops.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,485 of 4,753
That "feature" on the ES100 used to drive me crazy when it would hijack audio or phone calls from my phone. See attached for the power options on the 5K.

You dont need a 5K to download the Qudelix app in case you want to explore. Similar to the ES100, there is no real user manual but they do have descriptions in the app.
I know, right?! I'm using it for my work calls online, and if my battery is low or wanted to walk while it's charging, I can't plug/unplug without it turning off! 5k is really godsent then! 😁

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #2,486 of 4,753
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #2,487 of 4,753
Is it feasible to connect QX-Over to ES100?
Even if you could rewire the plug and split it into two wires for the separate sides of the ES100, I'm positive that there is some secret sauce in the firmware of the 5k to allow it to operate as the crossover for the QX-over. The ES100 doesn't have that functionality in their software. I'm not sure if you can even use both jacks at once (I don't think you can).

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #2,488 of 4,753
Thanks for the fast response. I just thought if ES100 has bal/unbal outputs this could be used for Qx-Over too. Actually I don't own ES100. Just 5K and Qx-Over.

Jul 19, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #2,489 of 4,753
I am deciding between a Qudelix 5K and a FiiO BTR5. Can the Qudelix be used (connected USB C port) as an external DAC with UAPP in an LG V50 mobile? I have read there are compatibility issues with UAPP, but no issues with the BTR5. I use also TIDAL HiFi and Qobuz apps (HiFi suscription) but only the UAPP bypasses sound quality limitations of Android and also uses the LG quadDAC if required. Will I get better sound quality using the Qudelix (two Sabre ESS chips) by balanced input as compared to the LG quadDAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back