The Qudelix-5K thread
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #2,086 of 4,753
Has anybody here get the 5K to work on their PS5 controllers?
Mine doesn't work. I have the firmware update, set the DAC to 48khz and host volume disregard enabled but no dice.
It works well enough over USB when connected to my PC and Samsung S20, just the PS5 being a PITA.

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #2,087 of 4,753
Is it possible to connect the 5k to the PS4 via BT?

Also, just put of curiosity, anybody know what codec PS4 BT uses in their controller for it's audio?

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #2,090 of 4,753
Is it possible to connect the 5k to the PS4 via BT?

Also, just put of curiosity, anybody know what codec PS4 BT uses in their controller for it's audio?

Not sure about the PS4, but the PS5 rejects audio Bluetooth devices. Thus, hard to determine the codec.

Wouldn't the lag over Bluetooth be an issue for gaming anyway?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #2,091 of 4,753
it doesn't seem to be an issue of latency from the controller (control input and audio output) but you do have a point. It might be a proprietary codec or something to overcome the latency, who knows. I guess it's just Sony being all Sony-y

Apr 4, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #2,092 of 4,753
Has anyone found a way to keep the mic from being noisy while clipped to your shirt or pants other than turning it off? I enjoy hearing the outside world when I’m outside so I don’t get hit by a car or bike....
If u got full sized cans, u can clip it to the headband (I do that with my HD380). Eliminates the rustling and bouncing, therefore minimises to wind noise. You'll probably need a furry sock for the wind tho. lol

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #2,093 of 4,753

Yeah, unless you use Aptx LL, which the 5k doesn't support. You will have a sync issue. You will also need a transmitter that supports aptx ll. There are many,Avantree Oasis is hugely popular, I use the Audikast. They connect through Toslink or rca on your tv, console or any other device.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,094 of 4,753
If u got full sized cans, u can clip it to the headband (I do that with my HD380). Eliminates the rustling and bouncing, therefore minimises to wind noise. You'll probably need a furry sock for the wind tho. lol
Finally someone in this world understands me! LOL. In all seriousness, you have me thinking in the right direction now.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #2,096 of 4,753
how do we activate ambient mode?

Nevermind found ambient mode.

Qudelix App --> Input--> Mic --> Mic Pass Through

Man the microphone is calibrated for an ASMR video. lol. Feels like touching the diaphragm of a doctor's stethoscope.

Screenshot_20210405-122533_Qudelix.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,098 of 4,753
You can cut some double sided tape in the shape of... a... a... "ring-binder-paper-punched-hole-reinforcement-sticker-thingy" and attach something furry on it? Granted, it'll win no beauty contests. Just an idea. Not tried it myself, obvs. lol

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2,100 of 4,753
Hey guys, I have quite a big dilemma here. I've just bought Sony Xperia 5 mk II (I've heard it works well with Qudelix, they collaborated with Sony on LDAC technology or something like that), however I have just read that the new Asus ROG 5 has a quad dac in it. What do you think I should go for, stick with Xperia 5 mk II and buy Qudelix, or return Xperia and buy the ROG and plug the iems directly to the quad dac? Which option gives better audio quality? By the way, I'm using iem's (Empire Ears Legend X) and I'm coming from LG V30.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back