The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Dec 23, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #526 of 987
With all of the cancelled flights from Chicago and the midwest because of blizzard conditions, I hope FedEx still pulls through in a timely fashion.

As usual Ray is burning the midnight oil to satisfy his customers and keep his word. That and build quality are the cornerstone to and excellent manufacturer.

Ray, you're the man! I wish the rest of the component world could be as reliable as you.

Dec 23, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #527 of 987
Even though it was shipped FedEx Standard Overnight (and was shipped out on Friday), my Predator arrived on Saturday (it must be a holiday shipping thing). Needless to say, I'm excited it got here early, as she's fully charged up now, and ready to use (which I'm about to do for the first time).

2129767783_e4dbd4d1d9.jpg

[size=xx-small]Ray Samuels Audio Predator (serial number PR048)[/size]

2129767919_fc0169049a.jpg

[size=xx-small]Blacked-out portable rig.
The Ray Samuels Audio Predator (black on black), black Apple iPod nano 8GB (2nd generation), and an all-black Qables SilverCab iPod Dock.

[/size]

It's listenin' time.

b.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #532 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though it was shipped FedEx Standard Overnight (and was shipped out on Friday), my Predator arrived on Saturday (it must be a holiday shipping thing). Needless to say, I'm excited it got here early, as she's fully charged up now, and ready to use (which I'm about to do for the first time).
2129767783_e4dbd4d1d9.jpg

[size=xx-small]Ray Samuels Audio Predator (serial number PR048)[/size]

2129767919_fc0169049a.jpg

[size=xx-small]Blacked-out portable rig.
The Ray Samuels Audio Predator (black on black), black Apple iPod nano 8GB (2nd generation), and an all-black Qables SilverCab iPod Dock.

[/size]

It's listenin' time.

b.gif

Look forward to hearing your impressions. Definitely a great looking set up you have there. I wish I needed one.

Since the DAC doesn't operate connected other than through the USB, let us know how it sounds once you also connect it to your computer.

Dec 23, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #536 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean you haven't bought something you merely wanted?
rolleyes.gif

I think I have already contributed to Ray's retirement fund as I have purchased from him the following"

XP-7
XR2
Raptor
Original Hornet
Green Hornet
Tomahawk and an
Apache

Dec 23, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #539 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by OptionTrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean you haven't bought something you merely wanted?
rolleyes.gif

That's how I got my first wife, and unfortunately, I'm still paying for it
redface.gif

Maybe I can take out a FS ad on Wife-o-gon.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back