The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Dec 11, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #376 of 987
Ray,

If you're still taking pre-orders at the introductory price, please put me down for a silver one.

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #377 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegleg85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of UE-10's, I contacted ultimate ears and they said the ue-10 is still their best flat frequency response monitors (i.e. hifi). I think the UE-11 is more for musicians than for listening to your imod via your RSA amp of choice.

Interesting...so you are basically telling Ray he shouldn't get the UE11's because you think they are more for musicians?

The UE10 is indeed their best flat frequency response monitor and was designed for musicians and professional use. Previously they had the UE5c (and still might) for use out of portable devices and was tuned specifically for that whereas the UE10 was not.

The UE11 is likely for musicians as this is obviously Ultimate Ears largest customer base. However, the UE11 sounds incredible with an iMod via RSA amp or straight out of the iPod, whatever. It certainly scales nicely with Ray's amps. Knowing this is the latest and greatest custom IEM offering, having Ray get a pair will only benefit the community in the long run.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #378 of 987
just a reminder.... Ray said Blue LEDs are not an option. The switch is only available in Red and boards are already made.

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #379 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah, still want in, but my first choice is Serial Number P034 to match my T034 Tomahawk, second choice is number "69"
cool.gif

This will be a nice addition...

OH YEAH, SILVER WITH BLUE LED

Okay, blue LED not available no problem. I only picked that because I saw other people picking it. Head-fi hadn't updated me by email and I missed a few pages of posts before I discovered they were taking names.

So, Silver (or is it silver/white?) Just NOT black.

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #380 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegleg85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray,

As an owner of a Hornet and a Tomahawk, would I be getting any uptick in sound quality vis-a-vis my other two amps or is the external dac the main benefit here?

was wondering the same thing since I have no desire whatsoever to use my portable stuff with a computer, since I don't travel and use my portable stuff without laptop or anything computer-related

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #388 of 987
Hey Ray, please sign me up for a black Predator! Thanks!

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #389 of 987
It's impressive the interest in the new Predator. Probably this is the new gear which got more pre-order interest that i remember. I'd be another one in the list if i didn't have a Hornet already. Maybe in a near future ...

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #390 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's impressive the interest in the new Predator. Probably this is the new gear which got more pre-order interest that i remember. I'd be another one in the list if i didn't have a Hornet already. Maybe in a near future ...

I have a Hornet ('M') as well and I love it. I've put myself on the list for a Predator because I listen to music through my computer when I am out of town. The diminutive size makes it perfect for travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back