The Post and Math Rock appreciation thread.
Apr 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #301 of 493

Quote:
I am going to see ASIWYFA for the second time next month. They must hold some sort of record for being constantly on tour. Thanks for the link to the new album.

I'm jealous :/ Do they ever make it to America?!

Lozanoa, I'll see you there! I'll be the white kid from Minneapolis :p

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #302 of 493
I am jealous of the post rock bands who only seem to tour the US. Unwed Sailor, El Ten Eleven etc etc. I did get to see Grails though.

May 3, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #304 of 493
The Drift, post rock/jazz fusion, beautiful, try 'Land's End' in particular.

May 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #305 of 493
Their 2005 album Noumena has appeared on Spotify. Post rock/trumpet.

May 4, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #306 of 493
Just found this thread this morning, and I've been reading it the whole day until the last page; while working..LOL
Superb recommendation, never knew about this post/math-rock genre before, listen to Mogwai once before and like it, but just don't know the music genre that they are playing.
Thank you everybody for all the recommendation, and especially Prog Rock Man; you seems like the "maestro" of this genre!!
ASIWYFA is one of the recommendation that I"ve tried and love it straightaway, wicked!
Thanks again for this wonderful thread..

May 5, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #307 of 493
Thanks to Spotify for opening up a whole new world of music, primarily post rock, which I had not even heard of (with the exception of Mogwai) till a couple of years ago. Presently listening to a Maserati album which is now available to listen to, 'The Language of Cities'. Super heavy psychedelic post rock. I love the track Cities which grows layer upon layer.

May 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #308 of 493
If you like Maserati, you might also like Turing Machine, a post-rock trio that combines the best of Helmet-style metal with motorik rhythms and some interesting detours. Massive, fierce, and crazy precise. There are some good fan-made videos on YouTube (good video with bad audio, unfortch, but you get the idea)

Jerry Fuchs was the drummer for both bands and more. A mad genius on percussion who unfortunately died too young. (Here's an obit with plenty of links to videos and more resources)

May 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #309 of 493
Top band and 'Don't Mind If I Don't' is one of my favourite post rock tracks

May 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #310 of 493
ASIWYFA's new album 'Gangs' now on Spotify

An excellent album, but it lacks the stand out tracks their self titled debute album.

May 5, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #311 of 493
I have fallen DEEPLY in love with this record:

May 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #313 of 493
Presently enjoying the Pelican recommendation (available on Grooveshark). A second listen to ASIWYFA and Gangs and it is getting better with 'Think:Breath:Destroy' a stand out track. If you like Pelican, try Maybeshewill and Long Distance Calling.

May 7, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #314 of 493
Early post rock from Fridge, whose Kieran Hebden has worked with Aphex Twin, Explosions in the Sky, Block Party, Radiohead, Battles and Black Sabbath (according to Wikipedia)

May 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #315 of 493

Quote:
One of my favorites!  "Autumn Into Summer" blows me away everytime I listen to it.

Last Day of Winter was amazing live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back