The positive side of being ignored
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #31 of 32
Remember that book from back in the eighties.
The problem back then was that people were using it's teachings to gain an advantage over others.

Unless the desire is genuine improvement of yourself, it becomes "How To Lose Friends And Influence Your Enemies"

I guess I just don't like fake/put on shows of affection.
Nor the gushing "that's great" exclamations you hear occasionally as someone is trying to elicit more information from their victim.

Aug 24, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #32 of 32
I guess you could say it describes the modern generation. If you think about how paradoxical it is that the internet gives us access and exposes us to people we would never otherwise have the opportunity to be in contact with, yet we are less in touch (physically) with other people. I mean that is pretty scary. You can spend hours on the internet each day and not be in direct contact with another human, yet your mind formulates the illusion of a person based on what they write. Totally different to reality. I am sure if you chat with certain members here on this site for many years and then finally meet them, you will most likely be surprised at the difference to what you had envisioned in your mind based on your contact via the internet. It will be a completely different person. Obviously technology has the ability to bring us closer but it also has its apparent drawbacks. I am not sure we even know the full extent of those yet. I personally prefer a phone conversation over texting for example. There is less lost in translation so to speak. 
True if given the choice most will,choose the easiest way. Easiest way to avoid facing faults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back