The Playstation 4
Jun 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #63 of 104
The 360 actually sold better than both the WiiU and PS3 these past months.
MS shoot themselves in the foot with this DRM-thingie. PS3 just trolled MS after that... Still...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/playstation-4-drm-policies-third-party/

I guess the difference is that Sony is not MANDATING DRM... they are leaving it up to publishers like they currently do (i.e. they are basically saying, don't get mad at us! Get mad at the publishers if they decide to implement strict DRMs!). I remember I have some Capcom games (like Final Fight) that their DRM was to be always online when playing! Stopped buying Capcom games on the PSN after that. Still, at least Sony wont enable a restriction to connect to the console every 24 hours...

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #64 of 104
Quote:
The answer is yes in case of exclusive games from Sony owned studios with their own custom made engines.
In case of Unreal Engine, I think we are looking at a smoother gameplay if nothing else + there might be a noticeable difference in graphics (there is now in the current gen...)

Since both use identical architecture in both CPU and GPU I suspect the difference on multiplatform games will be like between High and Very High setting in PC games, which could be appreciable.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #65 of 104
PS4 is winning on every level. Better hardware check. $100 cheaper check. Used games meaning no DRM!! Oh you dont have to be "online" just to play your games. They did a poll after day 1 of E3 and 84% of the people felt the PS4 was winning!!!

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #66 of 104
Quote:
PS4 is winning on every level. Better hardware check. $100 cheaper check. Used games meaning no DRM!! Oh you dont have to be "online" just to play your games. They did a poll after day 1 of E3 and 84% of the people felt the PS4 was winning!!!

I know right? Although the PS+ will now be required to play multiplayer, you do get a bunch of free games and discounts monthly, so it is worth it for that reason alone.
Microsoft, on the other hand, is just going nuts....
Their approach just doesnt seem gamer friendly at all. They put every thinkable restriction on it, they charge you for MP (and thats it), they trash people with no internet connection, they troll soldiers the same way... Damn they are just like a spoiled kid kicking around, throwing names...
And thats about it for MS from me. I bought the 360 twice (the first model broke on me three times for RROD sake) but I am not buying the ONE.... More expensive, lesser hardware, comes with a camera no one cares about, 3 OS that take up to 3 gigs of RAM, always online, one way selling games, no friend lending, always listening kinect, absurd fees and terms and this goes on and on... This is just ludicrous...
Good for MS they themselves got trashed by Sony for once... Jack Tretton is the man!

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #72 of 104
Is this going to be the official "all things PS4" thread? It's the only one I see with an appropriate thread title so here goes haha.

I was using my PS4 this weekend and marathined some shows on Netflix, the conroller's battery only lasted for a total of 6-7hr I would guess (it didn't go to sleep for this span). That seems REALLY short. This was it's very first charge so maybe it'll get better, can anyone chime in with their battery life experience on the PS4?

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #73 of 104
Is this going to be the official "all things PS4" thread? It's the only one I see with an appropriate thread title so here goes haha.

I was using my PS4 this weekend and marathined some shows on Netflix, the conroller's battery only lasted for a total of 6-7hr I would guess (it didn't go to sleep for this span). That seems REALLY short. This was it's very first charge so maybe it'll get better, can anyone chime in with their battery life experience on the PS4?

And that's that... That's the most you are probably gonna get. Controller battery life sucks compared to the old dualshock.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #74 of 104
And that's that... That's the most you are probably gonna get. Controller battery life sucks compared to the old dualshock.

Ouch. Well good thing I am old now and can't really dedicated myself to those all-night 12hr sessions I used to have lol.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #75 of 104

Ouch. Well good thing I am old now and can't really dedicated myself to those all-night 12hr sessions I used to have lol.

That's exactly what I said... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back