The Playstation 4
May 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #48 of 104
Quote:
If I were Sony, I would be popping up some champagne right now :)
I cant imagine any gamer giving the nod to the Xbox One at the moment

Not to make this a rage inducing fanboy thread, but I would probably reserve judgement at the very least until E3 when Sony/MS announce some launch titles. Also, price plays a very large roll as well which also has not yet been announced. The sensible thing to do would be to see who offers the most value for the least amount of money.

May 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #49 of 104
XBL Gold still existing and the whole used games fiasco, it'll be hard to imagine the XBONE being a great value.

May 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #50 of 104
If it wasn´t for Kinect stuff they could easilly go significantly less then what Sony has to sell the PS4 for. DDR 3 is quite a bit cheaper then DDR 5 just that is a substantial sum.
One interesting bit is cloud computing. Will MS use their 300000 servers to boost the performance of the Xbox One. Open up for very expansive game worlds if nothing else. If so will they require gold for use those servers fully? And can they solve the latency issue.

May 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #51 of 104
Quote:
If it wasn´t for Kinect stuff they could easilly go significantly less then what Sony has to sell the PS4 for. DDR 3 is quite a bit cheaper then DDR 5 just that is a substantial sum.
One interesting bit is cloud computing. Will MS use their 300000 servers to boost the performance of the Xbox One. Open up for very expansive game worlds if nothing else. If so will they require gold for use those servers fully? And can they solve the latency issue.

At the moment, PS4 has a theoretical advantage in raw power against the X-ONE
Lets say they would want to use the servers to up the ante, the problem is, how fast of a connection would you need to take some real advantage of it? What if you lose connection to the servers?
Thereforeit would have to be something that has to be adjusted on the fly and not something a game ships 100% integrated with.

May 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #52 of 104
Quote:

At the moment, PS4 has a theoretical advantage in raw power against the X-ONE
Lets say they would want to use the servers to up the ante, the problem is, how fast of a connection would you need to take some real advantage of it? What if you lose connection to the servers?
Thereforeit would have to be something that has to be adjusted on the fly and not something a game ships 100% integrated with.

PS4 is about 50% faster than the Xbox One in terms of raw GPU power. Computational tasks on both the CPU's is about the same. Does this mean graphics on the PS4 will look better than the Xbox One? The answer is No.

May 24, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #53 of 104
I feel as if the XBOX One is an upgraded version of PS3, trying to be a media center. I think this is where PS4 has the benefit of doubt versus XBOX. THe biggest thing for PS to overcome is security and something to go head to head with Halo. 

May 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #54 of 104
Eurogamer interviewed Phil Harrison, I suggest everyone who is interested in XBOX ONE should have a read: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-phil-harrison-on-xbox-one-kinect-indie-games-and-red-rings

Summary:
1. You have to pay a fee to Microsoft Marketplace when you sell your game, even when it is a gift. 

2. Kinect is not mandatory for developing games, but highly encouraged.

3. There will be news for localised partnerships in European TVs and other major countries soon.

4. XBOX ONE will do their best to ensure the quality at launch, they learned the lesson from XBOX360.

5. Microsoft will protect your personal privacy when using Kinect, unless you opt in to share.

6. There will be a big product revealing at E3 to show the incorporation of Smartglass to your games.

7. "We don't make a distinction between whether a game is a 50-hour RPG epic or whether it is a puzzle game or whether it is something that fits halfway between the two"

Well frankly I think XBOX ONE has the ability to attract more developers with their new game policies. They are more on the side with the developers than the gamers. But that's wait and see, my thumb still points at PS4 now. 

May 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #55 of 104
Gah I realize me and most here is discussing the xbox here more then the PS4??????. Maybe a moderator can move all the garbage :)

May 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #56 of 104
Is there ANYTHING else to talk about the PS4 for now?
Not until E3 I guess... so...

May 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #57 of 104
No new info. Will be interesting to see if Sony will have the same approach to the used market sales as MS. Eye Toy will just be an extra I do hope nothing required for the console to run. I really hope I misunderstood the MS presentation regarding this Kinect requirement.

May 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #58 of 104
The Kinect is NOT required as far as I know BUT MS is really pushing the developers to use it it seems.
The same will be with the Eye Toy/PS Eye probably.

I'm really hoping for Sony to explain how we will be able to access our PS Store purchases. This is one of the reasons I'm not keen on buying the PS4 once it releases... We already know there is no "direct" BC (backwards compatibility) due to the change in CPU architecture (Cell vs x86) but I'm hoping to hear something from one of those "online" services they acquired to see if at least we can somehow play our already bought games through the PS Store via some kind of emulation or online streaming... :frowning2:

May 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #59 of 104
Quote:
PS4 is about 50% faster than the Xbox One in terms of raw GPU power. Computational tasks on both the CPU's is about the same. Does this mean graphics on the PS4 will look better than the Xbox One? The answer is No.

The answer is yes in case of exclusive games from Sony owned studios with their own custom made engines.
In case of Unreal Engine, I think we are looking at a smoother gameplay if nothing else + there might be a noticeable difference in graphics (there is now in the current gen...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back