The Playstation 4
Mar 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

thewolfisnear

New Head-Fier
I have played every single console in this line from the PS1 through the PS3 and I have to say that I am pumped and cannot wait for its release.

It reminds of the highlights, the good memories and my favorites from all three consoles.

From the PS1, it would have to be Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Gran Turismo 2, Ape Escape and Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro

For the PS2, It'd be Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man (the 2002 movie tie-in game), The Force Unleashed, and Gran Turismo 4

For the PS3, I'd have to say Midnight Club: LA, The Amazing Spider-Man (the movie tie-in game), both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and finally, Tron: Evolution

Out of all the games that were presented at the PS4 announcementy event, I really liked DriveClub the most, although the other games were impessive in regards to graphics, I'm not a fan of First-Person-Shooters.

To me, it seems like its an arcade racer. Though, the very short demo doesn't give too many details.

Just from the trailer we see guys in plain clothes, with a crowd of people cheering on the sidelins, giving that street race type of feel. It's reminiscent of what Midnight Club: LA would do like every few races or so.

However, if they go for simulation street racing, that could be interesting. Especially when trying to drift.

I'm looking forward to this one and I'll get it, if its a launch title. I hope its not what GT5 did, announced for the PS3 and and coming out, what, four years after the PS3's launch?

What are your guys' opinions on the PS4 and the games that were released?

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 104
The Playstation has always been my console of choice since the PS1 so I'm definitely looking forward to the PS4, but I'm gonna wait for more info on the next xbox.

I have the WiiU now and it's just collecting dust so I'll probably wait and see what kind of games are available at launch before making a decision on what console to buy next. Eventually I'll have all three by next year.

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 104
Quote:
The Playstation has always been my console of choice since the PS1 so I'm definitely looking forward to the PS4, but I'm gonna wait for more info on the next xbox.

I have the WiiU now and it's just collecting dust so I'll probably wait and see what kind of games are available at launch before making a decision on what console to buy next. Eventually I'll have all three by next year.

Ah. Wise choice.

The way I am, I heard Sony was releasing a new one and I went "Oh. Okay, I'll buy it" (Slight exaggeration, of course)

None of the consoles have disappointed me so far, so I think I can trust Sony with the PS4.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 104
Quote:
PC for life.

Sorry guys but +1

The proper gaming PC will always win against the consoles, I'm not interested in the PS4 in the slightest.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 104
Steam has made PC gaming almost as 'plug-and-play' as consoles.  I'm super-impressed.  However, I hate Windows and I have only about 100Gigs on my Windows partition (SSD drive iMac) and I'm flustered that I don't really know how to uninstall games on Windows yet.  I went Mac in 2001 and have just gotten used to being able to drag an app to the trash to uninstall it.  On Windows, I haven't even downloaded a different browser yet since the ONLY thing I do with Windows is Steam and games.

Playing Skyrim on PC (with a controller, don't judge) was a revelation.  Such better graphics and the load screens are SO QUICK.  I've kind of decided that unless there's an SSD option on the new consoles, I'll build a moderate PC rig with SSD drives instead of a console.....maybe.  I'll prolly also get a PS4 just because the PS3 has been so user-friendly for me.  PS+ is amazeballs.  Paying for Xbox Live just feels remedial and medieval when you compare it to all the great free and discounted games you get on PS+.  Steam has better sales, though.

If there's a well-priced Steam Box coming, then that's it for console gaming for me.  I'll just put a Steam Box in the living room and play!  Gotsta have an SSD drive though.  SSD makes PC gaming abso-smurfly wondermouse.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 104
Yeah, I'm with you there.  When I saw that a Steam Box was rumored I was dancing for joy.  It's just so easy to play games.
I can't stand mac lol, I open one up and I'm just like "uhhhhh what I do" but to each his own.

May 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #8 of 104
They say the PS4 specs are a mid-end pc of today's age, however PS4 will probably have the more entertainment design that the new xbox. The new xbox box probably won't be as good as ps4, partially, because Sony owns Blu-Ray. Meaning more storage per game, content, etc.

May 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 104
Wow PC elitists here too.  I expect it on the PC Enthusiast Forum I frequent but not from a Music forum.  And how does someone say PC gaming is plug and play and then rants how annoying windows is.   PC gaming will never be plug and play (for the most part) - too many software configurations and too many hardware configurations for game companies to test them all.   Not to mention it is usually future Windows updates that dorks something up ...like the recent one that caused many PCs to not boot up afterwards.

I'm a gamer so I don't care where the good games are I just want to play them.  I plan on buying a PS4 and I plan on building a Haswell machine.

May 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #10 of 104
Currently I have a PS3, a Vita, a 3DS XL and I'm quite happy with all of them. Also have a PC that I can use for gaming of course (modest though, Intel i5 3570, 16gb RAM, SSD/HDD, Radeon HD7770...) but I usually don't game as much as I prefer being on the living room comfortably.

Will I buy a PS4?
Not right away.
I have too many games I still haven't played that are NOT playable on the PS4!!!! (that's what we get due to the change from Cell CPU to x86...). So I will definitely wait until I go through the backlog and there's a better library.

Regarding "PC WINS" comments... errrmm... what do they win? Your heart?!? AAAwwwwwwwww ... :rolleyes:

May 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #11 of 104
The console is a good small all in one platform that can easily be moved anywhere and do just about anything. You can't buy or build a PC to the form factor of a console and still retain the graphics and processing power to play full HD games. 

May 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 104
Quote:
The console is a good small all in one platform that can easily be moved anywhere and do just about anything. You can't buy or build a PC to the form factor of a console and still retain the graphics and processing power to play full HD games. 

This is why most PC gamers are keeping an eye on the "Steam Box"...
I don't think it will be as powerful as most gamers believe, and if it is, the prices will be outrageous!
My main PC (specs posted above) is housed on a Mini-ITX case (Fractal Design Node 304 --> http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&prod=94) and I still find it big (but it houses full PSUs and good sized video cards... Which is an advantage consoles always seem to have!

I definitely will keep an eye on the PS4, I wonder how it will look like. But Microsoft has something this month and I believe they will show their "Xbox Next"... we'll see how it looks and if it will have the dreaded always online option... yikes.

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 104
I reckon the Steam box will be pretty expensive as well < $1k. But with the goodness of upgradeable hardware. Besides we all know Steam never keeps there promises I mean look at how many times they said the Half Life 3 is going to be released soon and it's been almost a decade since the last Half Life game. 

I will be playing it smart myself personally waiting for both consoles to come out. I know MS will be releasing the next gen Xbox after the PS4. 

May 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 104
I'll get the PS4 ..... 3 or 6 months after release. I'm not a fan of early adopting Sony stuff. To be honest though, the only reason I buy Sony console is for the Tekken franchise.

Don't know why people want a "steam box" though. If you need space, just do an ITX build. Windows boot in 8 sec, and if you want a dedicated machine just don't install anything but steam on it 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 13, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #15 of 104
If E3 is good, I might pick one up at launch. I've decided I'm not going to upgrade my PC until 4K becomes affordable, so it may end up being my main gaming device for a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back