The Playstation 4
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #76 of 104
I wonder how the standby will be. I am used to picking up my 360 controller after like 3 months of no use and working fine. I guess I could leave the PS4 controller connected to the USB cable at all times.

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #77 of 104
Okay so, apparently right now PS4 is still expensive and the prices of the games are of the charts!! No student can buy it using their own money. Lolol!

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #78 of 104
Okay so, apparently right now PS4 is still expensive and the prices of the games are of the charts!! No student can buy it using their own money. Lolol!

Errmmm... what did you expect?!?
Sony to slash up prices 2 months after release?!

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #79 of 104
Pfft economics has always taught me to reduce prices when you have a stock shortage.

Seriously though you can buy a couple of the games used around $30 on ebay which is not so bad. Killzone Shadow Fall has dropped to $50 at a few places.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #80 of 104
  Pfft economics has always taught me to reduce prices when you have a stock shortage.

Seriously though you can buy a couple of the games used around $30 on ebay which is not so bad. Killzone Shadow Fall has dropped to $50 at a few places.

What?

Stock shortages means you are not selling as many consoles as are in demand.  You are 'losing' money.  And you think that cutting the prices of the 'few' units you are selling (losing more money) is a good economic decision?

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #81 of 104
  What?

Stock shortages means you are not selling as many consoles as are in demand.  You are 'losing' money.  And you think that cutting the prices of the 'few' units you are selling (losing more money) is a good economic decision?

Is that how the economics works? I am not sure if your right, I think you should go back and take a few classes.

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #82 of 104
  Is that how the economics works? I am not sure if your right, I think you should go back and take a few classes.

Seriously?

Think about it for a second.  List price of a PS4 is 500 USD per Amazon.  If Sony sells 1,000,000, but there is a demand, at that price level, for 2,000,000, than they have 'lost' 500,000,000 USD.  You are suggesting that they slash the price, when the demand exceeds supply at that price level.  So let's assume they do as you suggest and give a 20% off or a 400 USD console.  That means that they would have made 400,000,000 USD when the market was ready to give them 1,000,000,000 USD.  A 'loss' of 600,000,000 USD would cause the shareholders to riot.

Note that 'loss' does not account for net but rather gross.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #83 of 104

Seriously?

Think about it for a second.  List price of a PS4 is 500 USD per Amazon.  If Sony sells 1,000,000, but there is a demand, at that price level, for 2,000,000, than they have 'lost' 500,000,000 USD.  You are suggesting that they slash the price, when the demand exceeds supply at that price level.  So let's assume they do as you suggest and give a 20% off or a 400 USD console.  That means that they would have made 400,000,000 USD when the market was ready to give them 1,000,000,000 USD.  A 'loss' of 600,000,000 USD would cause the shareholders to riot.

Note that 'loss' does not account for net but rather gross.

Alright Ill just end this now so we do not go further off topic. I was just kidding with the first comment. I thought the PFFT made it an implied joke, but I guess not.... Then I kind of trolled you a bit, because I was kind of crabby last night.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #85 of 104
Finally picked one up since Infamous is around the corner -- this is still one of the weakest launches I can remember in terms of games (on both platforms).

On the flip side, plenty of cool titles coming out for the PS3 (Dark Souls II, Lord of Shadows 2 etc.)

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #86 of 104
  this is still one of the weakest launches I can remember in terms of games (on both platforms).

NES
10-Yard Fight
Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Duck Hunt
Excitebike
Golf
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Kung-Fu
Mach Rider
Pinball
Stack-Up
Super Mario Bros.
Tennis
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew

Sega Master System
Hang-On
Safari Hunt

Sega Genesis
Altered Beast
Last Battle
Space Harrier II
Super Thunder Blade
Thunder Force II
Tommy Lasorda Baseball

SNES
F-Zero
Gradius III
Pilotwings
SimCity
Super Mario World

Sega Saturn
Astal
Clockwork Knight
Daytona USA
Panzer Dragoon
The Mansion of Hidden Souls
Virtual Hydlide
Virtua Fighter

PS1
Battle Arena Toshinden
ESPN Extreme Games
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Power Serve 3D Tennis
The Raiden Project
Rayman
Ridge Racer
Street Fighter: The Movie
Total Eclipse Turbo

N64
Pilotwings 64
Super Mario 64

Dreamcast
AeroWings
AirForce Delta
Blue Stinger
CART Flag to Flag
Expendable
The House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL 2K
NFL Blitz 2000
Pen Pen TriIcelon
Power Stone
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Sonic Adventure
Soulcalibur
TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
TrickStyle

PS2
Armored Core 2
DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track & Field
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
FantaVision
Gungriffon Blaze
Madden NFL 2001
Midnight Club: Street Racing
NHL 2001
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Q-Ball: Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
Street Fighter EX3
Summoner
Swing Away Golf
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad

Gamecube
All-Star Baseball 2002
Batman: Vengeance
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney's Tarzan Untamed
Luigi's Mansion
Madden NFL 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
SSX Tricky
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Wave Race: Blue Storm

Xbox
4x4 EVO 2
AirForce Delta Storm
Arctic Thunder
Cel Damage
Dark Summit
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy
Halo: Combat Evolved
Mad Dash Racing
Madden NFL 2002
NASCAR Heat 2002
NASCAR Thunder 2002
NFL Fever 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Shrek
Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
TransWorld Surf

Xbox 360
Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
GUN
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

PS3
Call of Duty 3
Genji: Days of the Blade
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
Need for Speed: Carbon
NBA 07
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Wii
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

WiiU
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Ben 10: Omniverse
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
ESPN Sports Connection
FIFA Soccer 13
Funky Barn
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Little Inferno
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Skylanders: Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Transformers: Prime – The Game
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Wipeout 3
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

PS4
Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Contrast
DC Universe Online
FIFA 14
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
Need for Speed Rivals
Resogun
Skylanders: Swap Force
Sound Shapes
Super Motherload
The Playroom
Trine 2: Complete Story
Warframe

Xbox One
Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
LocoCycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed Rivals
Powerstar Golf
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba Fitness: World Party

From a quantity perspective the previous two gens had a lot of launch games.

But then again from a quality perspective the PS2 / PS3 and Xbox / 360 launch titles were no better than the PS4 / Xbone launch games imo.
Too many games that were already out for the previous gen's system that got re-released as new gen or the games that were of the "xyz sports year" variety.
Or the games simply stunk in the case of the PS2 / Xbox launches.
Each console release featured maybe two or three titles that were actually any good / unique.

So I'd argue you'd have to go back to the SNES days for a truly "good" selection of launch games that were quality games that were also unique to the system.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #87 of 104
Well decided to give Killzone Shadow Fall a try. Should be arriving within the next week or so. I loved KZ2 online (the single player was decent), and found KZ3 Multiplayer to be be decent and the single player kind of lame. I am a huge fan of Warzone, especially back in KZ2 where if you had 2 good teams things became quite intense (well very early in its life span).  I am still disappointed with the KZ3 ending. I also always want to love the KZ story, but for some reason it always feels held back. There were some very cool weapons in KZ3. Anyways I am sure this game will be similar, so I wont be disappointed as some were.

I also popped in BF4 the other day and I am not sure if I will going back. Not that its a bad game by any means, but after about 60ish hours of game play after launch it just is not that fun any more. Along with clans and teams forming together you get the usually one team crushing another team with little effort like the other BF games. I probably should try a few other game types, but in the past I never enjoyed them nearly as much as rush.

Other than that my PS4 has been gathering a bit of dust lately. I may have to try that free horror game until KZ arrives.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #88 of 104
I actually have been playing a lot of NBA2k14.
Still need to play the Freedom Cry DLC and Need For Speed which is the one gathering dust. I just hate that it doesn't seem to have a pause button/setting! Lol

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #89 of 104
Been mostly playing with the Vita!
So many great games. Hooked with Y's Memories of Celceta now.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #90 of 104
I actually have been playing a lot of NBA2k14.
Still need to play the Freedom Cry DLC and Need For Speed which is the one gathering dust. I just hate that it doesn't seem to have a pause button/setting! Lol

The new NFS is the only NFS that has looked interesting to me in the past couple of years. Maybe because it looks like burnout paradise with real cars and cops. I was a huge fan of Underground 2 but after the NFS Underground Most Wanted all the other games looked pretty lacking.

Gave Outlast a try off of PS Plus. I gotta say I only played like 10ish min and this game actually seems scary enough for me to almost not want to play it. I mean I have played some scary games in the past but never found them too scary. Dead Space I always thought was creepy but never truly scary (way too predictable pop up wise). This game appears to have the whole 9 yards for horror, creepy atmosphere, creepy story, survival aspects, and more. I am curious as if the game will actually continue being scary or if it will become predictable like Dead Space. 

Also I have been interested in the vita, but I have been scarred in the past with the PSP. Late in its life the PSP became good, but I went years without playing any games on it before giving it up entirely. The only game I really played on the PSP was Monster Hunter, but that was so uncomfortable controls wise that you had to use something called the "claw". The 3DS has been kicking so much ass as well that I have a huge backlog of portable games to play that I am guessing a Vita would not get much interest. 

Don't look its not for the squeamish, it still makes me wince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back