The Perfect Artist!
Jul 29, 2007 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
What's your perfect artist? I mean your favorite artist of all time... Period. You can play their music anytime. Doesn't matter the mood your in or whatever. An Artist that will not fail to give you an emotional reaction.

For me it's Ani Difranco. I don't give a crap where I'm at, as soon as Ani comes on it's over. I'm completely done. The eyes close, the foot starts tap, the head starts doing wild things, there's air guitar, drumming and I start mouthing the words. And I seriously don't give a crap where I'm at. On line at the bank, on the train, in a doctors office, in the middle of the woods... I don't care! Once I was rocking out in my car during a funeral procession (I know, I know... but my buddy who's funeral it was loved Ani just as much as I do. So it was perfectly rfine.) I honestly believe in my heart that if anyone dared to cut off an Ani song in the middle of me rocking out I'd have a seizure. It's safe to say I really love her music.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The man whose music made me want to be a recording engineer...

Andreas Vollenweider

Cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Have you ever heard Hilary Stagg? Reading his bio, he was so taken by Andreas after attending a concert, that he took up and taught himself to play electric harp. (was an electrical contractor)

btw... Andreas also contributed to Hilary's tribute cd.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 66
It's a tossup between Pink Floyd and the Who. If I hear Shine On You Crazy Diamond, it's 13 minutes of pure emotion, beauty, you name it. While I don't listen to DSOTM too much anymore, when it comes up I'm reminded why it got me into music, and I have to pick my brains up off the floor by the end.

But nobody can inspire a better air guitar better than Pete Townshend (windmills anybody?). For me, the Who have that energy, anger, spirit that nobody else I've heard can catch, and yet they can match it with such beauty and subtlety. To top it off, all of them kicked complete ass at their respective instruments
icon10.gif
, which is more than I could say for anyone in Floyd outside of Gilmour.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #9 of 66
For me the "do it anytime, rain or shine, do or die" group has to be Tool. There's just something about the music. Everything is just perfect. And don't get me started on how awesome they are live.

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 66
All artists are perfect
smily_headphones1.gif
. My favorite...barely, would probably be Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Metallica, The Police, Bob Marley, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins....man I give up, I can't do this. v_v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back