The Patrick82 of the turntable world !!??
Jan 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh....Who said anything about a DJ table ??

There is a general misunderstanding that direct drive turntables are inferior to belt drive designs and that disc jockeys use DD tables only for their far superior user friendliness.Teres Audio is now claiming that their new Certus DD turntable is superior to any belt drive turntable ever made.You just learn something new every day.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 23
I've been a belt-drive advocate ever since I head a DD/BD with the same phono cart in a side-by-side comparison. However, my current DIY-arm project is based on a Pioneer DD. I am in awe of its speed stability.

Laz

Jan 12, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #18 of 23
I have a Teres turntable (340) - and I ain't crazy!

Sounds great, - its the previous motor system with the battery power supply. Beats many many other TTs. Great TT. Chris is a good guy to deal with and the product is great - and actually good value for money (assuming you have it to spend in the first place).

Err, I just re-read that last bit and it sounds like I have a lot of cash! I don't -I DIY'ed most of mine but used Teres motor, bearing and supply.

Fran

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Teres turntable (340) - and I ain't crazy!

Sounds great, - its the previous motor system with the battery power supply. Beats many many other TTs. Great TT. Chris is a good guy to deal with and the product is great - and actually good value for money (assuming you have it to spend in the first place).

Err, I just re-read that last bit and it sounds like I have a lot of cash! I don't -I DIY'ed most of mine but used Teres motor, bearing and supply.

Fran

Would love to see some pics !

Jan 12, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here ya go:

And side by side with my lenco:

Fran

Absolutely Beautiful !!!
eek.gif
Soooooo......do you have a favorite?

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #22 of 23
Well, both are kinda my babies because they both are DIY. OVerall though, the Teres is the better table. The ergonomics are excellent. Give the platter a push and it starts, stop it with your hand and it stops, it automatically turns off after 40 mins so that if you fall asleep during a record, it doesn't just sit there turning all night. Sound is a lovely - very faithful to whats on the record and yet seems not to transmit any harshness as much. The rest of my set up is pretty revealing and unforgiving, so any flaws are revealed pretty quick. Needless to say there is absolutely no speed variation, rumble, noise etc.

The Lenco is a great TT for someone who has the DIY skills and the inclination. The sound is truly excellent - when you recondition the table, relube and recondition the bearing if necessary, adjust and relube the motor and fix anything thats wrong. After that you need a mass loaded plinth that maximises the contact between the metal Lenco base and the plinth. I was surprised at how godd it was when I first dropped the needle down. I made a unipivot arm to go on the Lenco which also is mixed into the mix of what my impressions are. But for a cheaper way out without losing much sonically, its the way to go.

Pic of the arm in action:

Fran

Users who are viewing this thread

Back