THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Aug 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #541 of 776
I'm really loving these headphones.

The fit was a little tricky at first, but once I figured it out they clicked.

I can't put my finger on exactly what is so great about these, as I have heard better in each individual aspect, but they are just so well tuned and just plain enjoyable to listen to!

And so far they must be the only IEMs that I haven't wanted to EQ to adjust the sound signature.

Will be recommending these to friends.

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #542 of 776
GR07BE is better than kc06a and many 300-400 dollar sets IMHO. Kc06a is fantastic, and sq to price ratio is insane, but if you want to max out on sq between the two I suggest the GR07BE.

I wouldn't say it's better, there are tradeoffs. The GR07 has better subbass and it's generally flatter up to the lower treble. It has a little more depth in the soundstage but the Ostry's is even wider. The Ostry also offers a slightly better instrument separation, while the GR07 has more correct imaging. The Ostry sounds bright without being sibilant, the GR07 is splashy in a bad way. Comfort wise the GR07 wins hands down, you can hardly tell its in your ears. Isolation wise they both suck. If it weren't for the treble i would probably agree with you but as things stand now it's more a matter of personal preference. 

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #543 of 776

I wouldn't say it's better, there are tradeoffs. The GR07 has better subbass and it's generally flatter up to the lower treble. It has a little more depth in the soundstage but the Ostry's is even wider. The Ostry also offers a slightly better instrument separation, while the GR07 has more correct imaging. The Ostry sounds bright without being sibilant, the GR07 is splashy in a bad way. Comfort wise the GR07 wins hands down, you can hardly tell its in your ears. Isolation wise they both suck. If it weren't for the treble i would probably agree with you but as things stand now it's more a matter of personal preference. 

I'd say the opposite
GR07 had pretty good width to the soundstage, Ostry has better depth. GR07 where kinda flat + forward across the width of the soundstage

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #548 of 776
  Yeah but I clocked well over 1000 hours on my GR07's, I do have some idea of how they sound
Ostrys have very good width + depth too but lack the extra refinement of the GR07

YMMV but the Ostry sounds as refined to me as the GR07, it may even be a tad faster as well. Before getting another GR07, going by memory i also though that it compared more favorably to the KC06 than it actually does.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #549 of 776
Ok I got my Ostry's today and I know I'm gonna love them. However I couldn't find a stock tip that was comfortable, secure, and isolating. Any recent updates on aftermarket tips that are readily available in the US? I know from posts earlier in this thread that Comply tips didn't work well so I am assuming all foam tips will have their issues but I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong. Thanks in advance

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #550 of 776
  Ok I got my Ostry's today and I know I'm gonna love them. However I couldn't find a stock tip that was comfortable, secure, and isolating. Any recent updates on aftermarket tips that are readily available in the US? I know from posts earlier in this thread that Comply tips didn't work well so I am assuming all foam tips will have their issues but I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong. Thanks in advance

Got any of those red stem heir tips that a lot of Chinese iems come with? I personally like them as well as the stock ostry tips. So none of the ostry stock ostry tips working out for you? Bummer. I let the intern in my office try my pair out and he couldn't get stock tips to work out for him as well. For the ostry maybe don't give up on the stock tips just and try inserting them and giving them a little wiggling around and see if that makes a difference. The ostry are rather shallow fitting iems and while foamies can give a nice fit I found that they affected the sound signature of the ostry too much and I wasn't a big fan of the sound in comparison to the stock silicone tips.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #551 of 776

Go for tips with a narrow bore. I find that meelec biflanges and medium-large mh1 tips work well with the Ostry.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #552 of 776
I find that wide bore tips like the Spiral Dot tips are more suitable to me....it actually extend the roll-off point of the bass and sounds really good. Generally you'll need a good fit for the KC06 to perform to it's full capacity

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #553 of 776
I'm now on the bandwagon.  Got my KC06As a couple of days ago.  Tried Sony hybrids last night.  They seemed ok.  Will try some MH1C tips next.  

Needless to say, I really, really like them (thanks for the recommendation Mr. Sfwalcer).  Not planning to buy any more IEMs for a long time.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #554 of 776
I find that wide bore tips like the Spiral Dot tips are more suitable to me....it actually extend the roll-off point of the bass and sounds really good. Generally you'll need a good fit for the KC06 to perform to it's full capacity

Wide bore tips should be great for those that are tolerant to brightness. I am not, so narrow bore tips attenuate the treble just enough for me to make them sound non fatiguing. What i've noticed with these is that the stem is so short and wide that you need relatively long tips to get a good seal. 
  I'm now on the bandwagon.  Got my KC06As a couple of days ago.  Tried Sony hybrids last night.  They seemed ok.  Will try some MH1C tips next.  

Needless to say, I really, really like them (thanks for the recommendation Mr. Sfwalcer).  Not planning to buy any more IEMs for a long time.

The MH1 tips are a little longer so they work better with the Ostry. As for your closing declaration, well, let's just wait and see 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back