THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #556 of 776
hey guys,i'm looking for new iem to use and just see that ostry kc06 was good.

so i have a question

now I'm using a Brainwavz M3. He is getting old now and not in good condition

anyone can compare with him? how good KC06a can anyone compare with him?

My genre of music is pop,rock,jazz I think i want all-around

I always listen to Japanese music. jap music represent a high pitch vocal sound,treble.

so i would like to ask Is it good to get kc06a?

i love treble,upper sound vocal, more bass (especially "Impact bass from drum" not from bass guitar) but don't drown out a vocalist.

sorry for very bad english here. i'm not good in writing skill but can reading fine.

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #557 of 776
I must say these are getting immensely better with burn-in like no other phone I have possessed.
Didn't like them at all when I got them. Now I getting the feels to these. 

It's in fact not a very natural sounding imo, but it gives my music a lot of energy and power without coloring too much.

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #558 of 776
  I must say these are getting immensely better with burn-in like no other phone I have possessed.
Didn't like them at all when I got them. Now I getting the feels to these. 

It's in fact not a very natural sounding imo, but it gives my music a lot of energy and power without coloring too much.

I actually thought KC06A upper mids were more convincing/natural in comparison to a thinner KC06.  Plus, since I'm a sucker for a bigger bass impact, "A" were a better choice for me :wink:

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #559 of 776
What price do the Ostrys KC06A sound like? What I mean is can they compare with earphones that $200-$500 or maybe more. And how good do they sound with EDM and bass heavy music as for I mainly listen to EDM, dubstep nothing like skrillex more like nero and noisia, hardance and I also like rap. Would they do well with these genres? Sorry if i'm asking alot of questions but originaly I was going to get V Moda M100s but instead I decided to go smaller and more portable so I went searching and heard about these. The very good reviews and low price is what got me interested so I'm just wondering if they would suit me well for my music needs

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #560 of 776
What price do the Ostrys KC06A sound like? What I mean is can they compare with earphones that $200-$500 or maybe more. And how good do they sound with EDM and bass heavy music as for I mainly listen to EDM, dubstep nothing like skrillex more like nero and noisia, hardance and I also like rap. Would they do well with these genres? Sorry if i'm asking alot of questions but originaly I was going to get V Moda M100s but instead I decided to go smaller and more portable so I went searching and heard about these. The very good reviews and low price is what got me interested so I'm just wondering if they would suit me well for my music needs

Hard to price them in comparison.  You have so many sub $70 "giant killer" headphones that make a lot of big brand names pale in comparison.  As I mentioned in a number of my other posts, $200-$500 will have more refinement, sometimes better accessories, and better build, but in almost every case of $50-$60 great sounding budget IEM they are NOT 10x of a lesser quality then $500 brand name pair; and often these have 70%-80% performance of more expensive headphones.

For the music you are listening, KC06A will be great.  Also, consider TTPOD T1E, an even better bass but less brightness/details.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #562 of 776
What portable amplifier would go well with these? maybe from $50-$70 I really do like how they look amd for the price It fits my budget perfectly

The great thing about KC06A, they don't need any amping and sound good connected directly to your smartphone or DAP.  I would just start with headphones to appreciate their sound, and later add amplifer.  If you are looking for a budget amplifier now (nothing like those OTG usb connected amps going to your smartphone, like E18 or A200p), you can go with any FiiO amps.  Their latest E11k is great for under $60, or you can look for a budget amp from Topping NX1, under $40.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #564 of 776
Can't wait for these. If these live up to my expectations what's the point in buying $200+ phones?

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #565 of 776
Can't wait for these. If these live up to my expectations what's the point in buying $200+ phones?

The Chinese audio thread is the ultimate answer to that question. With the quality some of these under $100 sets are coming out with, there is no reason to anymore.

The KC06a is a little too recessed in the mids for me, but otherwise I very much enjoyed them when I had them.

Aug 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #566 of 776
Gata say I'm really digging the KC06A's. Bass sounds tactile across the board, vocals are clear and crisp, highs are sparkly yet smooth.

I keep going back and forth between these, Altone 200, and GR07 BE. Needless to say the KC06A's will be getting more EarTime™ for now...

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #567 of 776
The KC06a is a little too recessed in the mids for me, but otherwise I very much enjoyed them when I had them.

I found the normal KC06's sounded cleaner in the vocals. I'll trade some of that for bass however, enter the RebelOstrich™ KC06 Alpha.

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #568 of 776
Is it like going from GR07 to GR07BE?

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #569 of 776

Winning, that's all this phone is doing. Winning my heart.

If I had a wall of fame, this guy would be on it no doubt.

I would say the feeling is comparable but the bass jump from vanilla to chocolate might be bigger on the Ostrich blood line. I don't have the normal KC06 to feel more confident about that statement but it feels about right.

GR07 to GR07 BE was a slight but meaningful change for me. I went back and forth between the two for a while before I settled on the BE version.

Aug 22, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #570 of 776

Winning, that's all this phone is doing. Winning my heart.

If I had a wall of fame, this guy would be on it no doubt.

I would say the feeling is comparable but the bass jump from vanilla to chocolate might be bigger on the Ostrich blood line. I don't have the normal KC06 to feel more confident about that statement but it feels about right.

GR07 to GR07 BE was a slight but meaningful change for me. I went back and forth between the two for a while before I settled on the BE version.

Thanks for the description

Users who are viewing this thread

Back