THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Jun 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #286 of 776
Jun 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #287 of 776
Apologies for slightly veering off topic:Can anyone compare the KC06A to the Vsonic VSD1S? I like the Vsonic's but find their imaging to be wide-ish but kind of uncentered-like they kind of feel all over the place. Comment liberally please.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #288 of 776
  Apologies for slightly veering off topic:Can anyone compare the KC06A to the Vsonic VSD1S? I like the Vsonic's but find their imaging to be wide-ish but kind of uncentered-like they kind of feel all over the place. Comment liberally please.

These beat out the VSonic in almost every way. I had the LE, and I like these much better.

The New VSonics coming out might take the value crown back though.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #290 of 776
  Just got my kc06a today from Kamakahah, improved bass response over the vanilla kc06. Bit darker than its predecessor but I will give it more of a listen. Just won a pair of noble 4s recently so might be debating whether to keep one of the ostrys and to part with one pair.

Interesting. Every time I think I should get the kc06a's for the added bass response, I manage to let the thought go by putting on kc06's - they sounds so great to me 
smile.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #292 of 776
Curious to know if you've received the Tenore yet and if so, any impressions yet?

It's been delayed. The more reviews on them I read, the less I want to pick them up. Maybe I'll change my mind in a moment of weakness, but right now upgrading my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs and building a DIY amp are higher on my list.

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #293 of 776
For anyone that has heard both the ostry and the tenores, what would be the best pick if I'm looking for a mid centred headphone? I'm looking for something with really detailed and intimate mids, lower mids especially. Good bass and treble extension and separation would be a big bonus.

Wondering if one of these budget beauties is what I'm looking for!

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #294 of 776
For anyone that has heard both the ostry and the tenores, what would be the best pick if I'm looking for a mid centred headphone? I'm looking for something with really detailed and intimate mids, lower mids especially. Good bass and treble extension and separation would be a big bonus.

For the, it would be the A's, no contest on that part really. Seperation, I'd say both of them are pretty on par, while I do feel the Tenores are a little.. Flat, soundstage-wise. The KC06A's respond better to amping and EQ, which to me is a big plus due it it being that much more versatile.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #295 of 776

You might really enjoy the original kc06 also

The kz ed3 sounds right up your alley also

The dm2 would work too, but it would require a good amount of burn in and experimentation with tips

Jun 11, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #297 of 776
I'm too lazy to read through tons of of information to find this out so I'll just ask.

What is the msrp on these?

Thanks in advance

Between $70-$80, aliexpress seller linked in the previous page has them $80 and shenzen had them at like $70 iirc when they had a small supply of them to sell.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #299 of 776
just picked up a pair, couldn't resist.

Hope you like them, by giving my pair a fair listen these last few days and the added bass is a nice over the vanilla kc06. The a and its cable has a fair bit of cable memory and has been of a headache for me but hopefully it will straighten itself out.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 11, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #300 of 776
Ya, I am just overly curious what improvements it has over the original. Odds are I'm going to listen to them for a few hours and throw my Sony h3 back in.

PS the h3 is a beautiful beast of an iem. For my preferred sound signature they are perfect. So much beautiful bass and still articulate and non sibilant. They are IMHO ahead of my GR07BE and DNK. I will pop these two in when I want less bass, but man oh man these h3 are great out of the box and only get better the more I listen to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back