The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Mar 14, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #588 of 615
9AF5964E-2CA3-4B47-886E-6455795E0768.jpeg Wasn’t expecting it so soon!

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #590 of 615
First thoughts:

• I very much miss the smaller form factor of the ONPs. The longer nozzles and ear-filling casings will take a bit of getting used to, but they're certainly not uncomfortable (yet)
  • No driver flex confirmed
  • as with the ONPs these are a balanced, natural, organic IEM with some warmth. Maybe warmer and lusher low end than the ONP? Dunno yet, it's only been a couple hours
  • only tried two tip-types but i prefer the widest bore ones for these
  • need slightly more power than the ONP
  • leather case is just adorbs

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #593 of 615
Listened to these for a few hours now, half of that streaming Apple Music(256kb) on the iPhone and the rest balanced on the zx300 (mainly FLAC files). On the iPhone I was reminded in a way of the E5000: a real thickness to the sound, but still detailed. Fun, but when you’re listening to stuff that’s quite spindly and harsh and monochrome (eg very early Fall stuff like Fiery Jack) then the rounded lushness seems odd.

Balanced mode on ZX300 is much more refined and natural but with an appealing warmth - really enjoyed listening to rock stuff like Bardo Pond and Ty Segall earlier. There’s an increase in thickness and weight over the NPs, better thud and slightly better sub bass, but still well balanced. So far I’m well into these IEMs, although I still miss the physical discreetness of the NPs.

Would love to hear impressions of the OH300s :)

Mar 19, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #594 of 615
Hopefully it’s just the cable and not the right earphone connection. I’d be upset if these didn’t sound like a million dollars and the customer support want incredible. Marco has really been a great example of how to do things right.

Now.... should I go for the Affinity cable? :)

I own the Affinity cable and think it's a great cable for it's price range. I purchased the cable on Amazon for $199 as an upgrade to the stock 64 Audio cable that came with my U18ts. The Affinity characteristically had more body in regards to both width and depth for highs and lows when compared to the stock cable - definitely less veiled overall. The cable is similar in SQ to the ALO Ref 8 at a fraction of the cost.

I recently had an issue with the 2 pin connector and I contacted Oriveti for a replacement. Marco was kind enough to ship me a replacement free of cost. Great customer service!

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #595 of 615
Listened to these for a few hours now, half of that streaming Apple Music(256kb) on the iPhone and the rest balanced on the zx300 (mainly FLAC files). On the iPhone I was reminded in a way of the E5000: a real thickness to the sound, but still detailed. Fun, but when you’re listening to stuff that’s quite spindly and harsh and monochrome (eg very early Fall stuff like Fiery Jack) then the rounded lushness seems odd.

Balanced mode on ZX300 is much more refined and natural but with an appealing warmth - really enjoyed listening to rock stuff like Bardo Pond and Ty Segall earlier. There’s an increase in thickness and weight over the NPs, better thud and slightly better sub bass, but still well balanced. So far I’m well into these IEMs, although I still miss the physical discreetness of the NPs.

Would love to hear impressions of the OH300s :)
How is the vocals quality and positioning in the headspace and ability of soundstage (width/depth/height) ,

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #599 of 615

Users who are viewing this thread

Back