The Opamp thread
Feb 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #2,147 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdn135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you guys please give me advice? I would like to change opamps on my soundcard. I have a Auzentech X-Plosion soundcard and Alessandro MS-1 headphones.

The stock opamps are AUK S4580P 615G. Most of the time I listen to rock and heavy metal.
Which, not too expensive, opamps can you guys recommend?

Thank you!

This is the card: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/xoxid...ion-card-1.jpg

You can go with some LM4562NAs, they sounded pretty good on that card IIRC.
The great thing about having a socket for each set of outputs is you can use different opamps
for different outputs. Such as using a great bass opamp for the bass channel and using opamps that are really clear for the front outputs for surround systems.
I know you asked about headphone so this may not apply to you but you can keep it in mind. If your going to be using headphones only then you can just change the
front channel opamp to keep the costs down for you.

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #2,148 of 7,383
Can anyone tell me how to orientatate the opa AD797BRZ for insertion please? 2 pieces are mounted on one Browdog adaptor, one one top and the other at the bottom. However, the adaptors do not have the semi-circular marking at the edge for me to follow. Thanks.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #2,149 of 7,383
The brown dog should have some type of mark to signify which is pin one.

Does one of the pins have a square solder pad? That is pin one and you can use it to orient the module to the socket.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #2,150 of 7,383
Yes, there is a square solder pad and it is marked as 1.

Sorry for this stupid question, but how do I orientate it? Normally I just follow the semi-circular marking. But in this case there is no such marking on the browndog.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #2,151 of 7,383
Any idea where / how I could AD797BRs pre-mounted on a DIP8 adapter ?

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #2,152 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by leaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, there is a square solder pad and it is marked as 1.

Sorry for this stupid question, but how do I orientate it? Normally I just follow the semi-circular marking. But in this case there is no such marking on the browndog.

Well the pin one shows the same end as the semi circular mark would be at.

If your socket has the notch on the top, put the opamp with the pin one to the top of the socket.

If your still unsure I will see if I can find a pic for you.

Here this might help more: LINK

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #2,153 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpionro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea where / how I could AD797BRs pre-mounted on a DIP8 adapter ?

Not sure if anyboldy sells them pre-mounted but may be wrong about that. There are many around that can mount them for you if you buy them.

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2,155 of 7,383
I could use some advice from the op-amp guru's.

I have a mini3 board and want to try a different chipset.
I like the AD8397 and OPA690 combo, but want to try something that has a different signature.

So, since there are SMD opamps...and dificult to roll, I would love to get recomendations for "top of the line" opamp(s) that would work good on this platform.
It's a dual SOIC8 signal chip and a single SOIC8 for the active ground. voltage suply is through a split rail IC and can is 8.4-12.6v.
I have resistors for a gain of 5 but that can be changed as needed.
Joe

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #2,157 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the pin one shows the same end as the semi circular mark would be at.

If your socket has the notch on the top, put the opamp with the pin one to the top of the socket.

If your still unsure I will see if I can find a pic for you.

Here this might help more: LINK

Thank you very much. Your info. was of great help. This forum is not only informative but helpful
dt880smile.png

Feb 9, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #2,158 of 7,383
Quote:

Originally Posted by H22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could use some advice from the op-amp guru's.

I have a mini3 board and want to try a different chipset.
I like the AD8397 and OPA690 combo, but want to try something that has a different signature.

So, since there are SMD opamps...and dificult to roll, I would love to get recomendations for "top of the line" opamp(s) that would work good on this platform.
It's a dual SOIC8 signal chip and a single SOIC8 for the active ground. voltage suply is through a split rail IC and can is 8.4-12.6v.
I have resistors for a gain of 5 but that can be changed as needed.
Joe

you could install an adapter until you find something that suits your liking. the problem is though, the mini^3 is very specifically designed around those opamps, so decoupling and feedback will be tuned to get the best out of them. dropping a new opamp in without changing all of this may be less than optimal to say the least and downright bad at the worst. I could list literally heaps of opamps that beter the 8397 to these ears, but how well they will w0ork in the mini63 circuit is another thing.

OPA1612 might be a good start or OPA2211 and for the buffer hmm AD811? actually OPA1611 and OPA211 are really nice buffers too. sorry I diont have time ti look specifically at the design of the mini^3 and datasheets of the chips for recommendations, but yeah I would consider installing sockets temporarily. LT1028 makes a great low noise ground channel opamp, but its a little sensitive and needs to bepampered a bit. also might not perform at your supply voltage. scratch that, it wont. AD8616 will

Feb 9, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #2,159 of 7,383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back