The Official Ultrasone Appreciation Thread!
Nov 20, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #31 of 49
Double post.

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #32 of 49
Nice avatar, miroslav!
280smile.gif

Hey, where'd everybody go? Two weeks or so of revolutionary bliss and our fellow Ultrasonistas appear to have scurried back into the Head-Fi underworld. I can only guess that everyone else is re-energizing for the next campaign!
tongue.gif

image006.jpg

I have just added a pair of HFI-650 Trackmasters (old stock, but brand-new) to my Ultrasone arsenal. My initial impressions are that they are perfectly suited for portable use (well, as long as you have someplace to stow that 3m cord
rolleyes.gif
) despite being just about as big as I'd feel comfortable wearing in public.

The Trackmasters make for a nice closed-back companion for my PX-100. They have tighter bass and are far more neutral in the midrange, where the PX-100 tend to be somewhat forward and shouty by comparison.

While they miss some of the high-end refinement and larger soundstage of the PROline 2500s, the Trackmasters provide superb isolation; whether I'm taking the subway or the bus, the music just seems to flow effortlessly and their boogie factor more than makes up for any "audiophile" shortcomings. Truly a party machine for on-the-go!

Cheers, Dex

Dec 22, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #33 of 49
I have a pair of HFI-650s that are undoubtedly the best closed headphones I've ever heard. They did take a couple of weeks toi break in, but once they did, wow! Terrific detail, great bass, overall they just seem accurate. For example, I went to hear the Michael Bisio Quartet play toward the end of the Ultrasone's break in period & bought a CD that happened to contain several songs that were played during the concert, When I got home, I listened to the CD first through my Senn 650s then (on a lark) through the Ultrasones. Through the Senns, the music was really lovely but through the HFI-650s it was like I was back at the concert! Rugged, to: they've been around the world several times in my backpack over the last year or so & still look brand-new.

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #34 of 49
Dec 23, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
miroslav, I do believe that we are!
280smile.gif

model-reagan-t.jpg

Please this one is far better, and do me a favor, remove that picture from "La Cabaña butcher" ... if you still want to be cool with me....

Don't forget:

model-commies-A375.jpg

And do not like headphones...!!!!

Dec 23, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #36 of 49
HFI-650 is the best closed can I ever had... and so far I tried the ATH-A900LTD, HD 280, AKG K271, DT 860, DT 770...

I also got the HFI-15G which I love to listen to. The most comfy headphones I ever had!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HFI-650 is the best closed can I ever had... and so far I tried the ATH-A900LTD, HD 280, AKG K271, DT 860, DT 770...

I also got the HFI-15G which I love to listen to. The most comfy headphones I ever had!
smily_headphones1.gif

Unless you try the Edition 9 or the 7.....
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please this one is far better, and do me a favor, remove that picture from "La Cabaña butcher" ... if you still want to be cool with me....

Wot, over a month after it was posted, and you're claiming some sort of offense, Alberto? With a user name like "Sovkiller", you really oughta be the last to complain.

Some folks might take offense to a Reagan image, but I would still defend your choice in posting it nonetheless, so let's not get too carried away here.
wink.gif

Quote:

Don't forget:

model-commies-A375.jpg

And do not like headphones...!!!!

Actually, I have it on very good authority that Marx was a Grado man!
rs1smile.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wot, over a month after it was posted, and you're claiming some sort of offense, Alberto? With a user name like "Sovkiller", you really oughta be the last to complain.

Some folks might take offense to a Reagan image, but I would still defend your choice in posting it nonetheless, so let's not get too carried away here.
wink.gif

Actually, I have it on very good authority that Marx was a Grado man!
rs1smile.gif

I was not aware that pic was posted, anyway, Sovkiller, if you separate that like Sov-killer, what that suggest to you? The Reagan T-shirt was the first I found, with similar topic, not my cup of tea neither, but you have to agree that the girl looks cool, but you can get this one instead:

model-noche-A375.jpg

Marx a Grado fan??? Eh, who is gonna tell eh? Well that is another reason, why I do not like them....
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

BTW Dex, visit my thread about the Edition 9, i posted some pics, man that thing really really rocks, it blew my socks away, just out of the box....

Dec 23, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Unless you try the Edition 9 or the 7.....
evil_smiley.gif

k, I'll pm you my address. I will pay for the shipping both ways
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 49
Love them girls, more please!
tongue.gif

Quote:

BTW Dex, visit my thread about the Edition 9, i posted some pics, man that thing really really rocks, it blew my socks away, just out of the box....

Glad the Ed 9 arrived safely, already following your thread with intense envy!
evil_smiley.gif
Looking forward to any further impressions, of course.

Enjoy!
280smile.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #42 of 49
I just posted a few impresions on the new Edtion 9 here, for the ones interested in reading about the new toy...
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #43 of 49
i just got hfi-550 for two days. all i can say is, wow. my dt990 pro didn't give me this wow(the beyer is better, i know). i don't know maybe i didn't expect (this)much from this less, lesser known/talk brand here. i did read ultrasone from time to time and i never hear anybody say any bad thing about ultrasone. i just went for it. great upgrade from my k81. hfi-550 is just in a complete different league than the akg. great bass, mid and high or simply everything's better. a co-worker even ask if they sound great and nobody ever ask when i was using the akg.

a question about the isolation. i think when no music i can hear things around me but then there're music, i can't. i suppose is the s-logic thing right?

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got hfi-550 for two days. all i can say is, wow. my dt990 pro didn't give me this wow(the beyer is better, i know). i don't know maybe i didn't expect (this)much from this less, lesser known/talk brand here. i did read ultrasone from time to time and i never hear anybody say any bad thing about ultrasone. i just went for it. great upgrade from my k81. hfi-550 is just in a complete different league than the akg. great bass, mid and high or simply everything's better. a co-worker even ask if they sound great and nobody ever ask when i was using the akg.

a question about the isolation. i think when no music i can hear things around me but then there're music, i can't. i suppose is the s-logic thing right?

Nice one, bt, I've not yet heard the HFI-550, but I suppose it's as good a place to start with Ultrasone as any!
hfi650700gb3.png

Just be aware that there is much more to come if you decide to become adventurous and upgrade to the PROline series one day...

Don't worry too much about what you can or can't hear when the music's not playing as long as you're enjoying it when it does!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back