The official "Thank you Slappa!" thread
Apr 23, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #18 of 78
Received my cases yesterday. Thanks to Dom and and all at Slappa for the giveaway sweepstakes.

Apr 26, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #19 of 78
Yesterday when I got home after work I was greeted by a huge box in my living room. Inside were the two fabulous cases from Slappa for the March giveaway. I excitedly inspected the notably high quality of the cases, which gave off a slight aroma of new luggage
tongue.gif
Anyway I wanted to make a thread to express my thanks to Slappa for the shweet new cases, and hopefully other lucky winners will be able to chime in as well.

Apr 29, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #20 of 78
Received my Slappa cases today. Thank you Kylin and Dom. Mucho appreciato!

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #21 of 78
Mine arrived yesterday but I had 'em sent to work and I've been off for two days so I haven't seen 'em yet. Can't wait.
Thanks a million. I'll post my impressions once I've got 'em in hand.
CPW

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Ken, I GUARANTEE that if you come up to the NYC meet this June, you'll win something. I'll just set aside my copy of "C&C Music Factory's Greatest Hits" for you instead of putting it in the auction...

Don't know how I could resist such an offer.
wink.gif
You set a date and time for the meet yet? June might be possible.

Apr 29, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #23 of 78
its June 18th

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #25 of 78
Wow! These things are gorgeous!
I showed a buncha guys I work with and they're really impressed too. One of 'em said, "So much for Case Logic!"
Couldn't agree more.
Here's a question: what are you guys doing for DVD art when the original DVD case is one of those cardboard jobs that has the little plastic door that flips open? What about those ones that only have the wrap around exterior cover behind the clear plastic? Are you guys cutting the art or just doing some origami to get the art into the Slappa sleeve?
These things are beautiful and I'm really grateful for the gift.
CPW

May 3, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #26 of 78
CPW--for the DVD cases we have a larger front pocket. The pocket is longer to facilitate a DVD cover. If its a "wrap-around" cover then you simply fold it in half on the spine and it will fit in the front pocket of our d2 pockets. If it's a cardboard flip DVD cover then you'll have to cut the front panel of the DVD cover (the cardboard piece) and that will fit into our front pocket.

Hope this helps

Dom at SLAPPA

May 3, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #27 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominick
CPW--for the DVD cases we have a larger front pocket. The pocket is longer to facilitate a DVD cover. If its a "wrap-around" cover then you simply fold it in half on the spine and it will fit in the front pocket of our d2 pockets. If it's a cardboard flip DVD cover then you'll have to cut the front panel of the DVD cover (the cardboard piece) and that will fit into our front pocket.

Hope this helps

Dom at SLAPPA

Hi Dom.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Great cases , by the way.
I'll be heading down to Circuit City to buy another, smaller DVD case for my daughters movies (I filled up the 90/90) w/ all my stuff.
How long is your offer good on the Circuit City deal, or has that already come and gone?
Thanks again for the beautiful prizes.
CPW

May 10, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #29 of 78
Just got the email a few hours ago that I won a 240 CD case and a 40/40 DVD case from SLAPPA... Pretty friggin sweet if you ask me, and just what I need, as my case logic CD case is so beaten up and falling apart. I just wanted to post this to remind anyone who hasn't entered the contest to do so, because I entered last month after reading someone's thread here that they had just won. This is very cool
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back